Pvc Liners

AllanB

Looking to build a few pools and am currently looking at concrete block construction with a PVC liner.

There are quite a few companies in China selling liner materials, but the prices seem to vary a lot.

Now I understand that the material used is always PVC and there is no reinforcement, so what should I look for when making my enquiries?

Is there such thing as a liner protector, if I am laying the liner on a bare redendered concrete surface?

I am not so familiar with liner pools, I think they are not known for their longevity. We repaired a liner pool several months ago; originally, we were retained to replace the liner. Upon removal though, the pool structure was in bad shape. We ended up re pouring the pool, installing new piping, and tiling it.

Pictures here.

http://www.thepooldoctorsthailand.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=29

I just asked my foreman, and yes, there is generally a second buffer liner between the pool liner itself, and the brick work structure.

Not sure if this helps.

Gil

• 3 weeks later...

I build and repair linered pools in my homecountry. A pool with PVC-liner will live about 20 years. Its a great system when the struckure of a old pool is broken and you fix and cove it with it. First you will need a underliner, a geoflies we say. On the top around, the stairs and the corners we install special covered metal to glue the PVC on it. Make sure that you use only UV resisent liner like "delifol", try http://www.delifol.com/

Best regards

hanspi

Edited by hanspi46

My view is that from experience the liners from australia are good.

I would not trust one direct out of china. cheap and maybe not so good.

Normally in between is a metal sheeting , at least thats what we have, pls see my other post.

They last for ages if you take care of them. the issue with my one was water pressure under neath, so now i will change to a tiled pool.

Nirvana