Quietist Ever In Pattaya ?

Buff-horns

Guys who have lived in pattaya for up to decades say they have never known it so quiet.

a variety of reasons are put forward not just one.

Thakins cleanup campaign, too many other resorts with bars which are less sleazy, too many nasty scumbags arriving now. Middle eastern expats who used to do R&R in Pattaya have now gone home due to security scares.crime in general .

the list of reasons goes on and on.

the numbers are well down for sure.

Biggest low season ever for me thank you. :D (its quiet this week though)

There are loads of people here, BUT they are'nt here for beer bars or gogo's :o

was in blues last night for first time with 2 friends here on holiday they loved the music and atmosphere,but had to leave after one drink,no problem price wise but they do expect the real mcoy.i no this happens in go go bars suprised it did in yours?what it says on the bottle aint allways whats in it!

was in blues last night for first time with 2 friends here on holiday they loved the music and atmosphere,but had to leave after one drink,no problem price wise but they do expect the real mcoy.i no this happens in go go bars suprised it did in yours?what it says on the bottle aint allways whats in it!

I think you should be more specific,before you make an accusation like that,and perhaps take the issue to Dave first and give him a chance to investigate.Could be his bartender is on the fiddle,or it was a mixed up order.

Hardly fair to judge and accuse on the strength of one drink openly on a forum like this.

There are loads of people here, BUT they are'nt here for beer bars or gogo's :D

Explain more on this please.

I stock 2 different kinds of Vodka, Gin etc as most bars do. One for cocktails, one for customer drinks (the top branded one). Was it you who went to the bar last night and asked to see the bottle? If so my wife was sitting there and saw it. If the bartender shows you a bottle of schmirnoff and says thats what you've got, if he shows you anothe brand and says this is what you've got then again thats what you've got and are free to demand the other stuff. BUT they do not put cheaper stuff in the top branded bottle. If a different brand is sold then it is tasted by me first BEFORE it goes on the shelf, if it tastes alot different then it does'nt go on sale.

The only problem i've had recently is the bartender serving white rum thinking its the same as Bacardi, he's been told its not the same but he is'nt the brightest of guys.

Explain more :o

Edited by davethailand

Benson, Ive never met Dave, and have only been to the BF once in the 5 years i have lived here, but from reading his posts , he seems to me to be a pretty reasonable sort of guy.

If you have a greivance with the BF or Dave a public forum like this is not the place to air it. I would suggest that you take it up with him personally.

Most posters on here if they choose have annomity, and for all we know you could be a competiter, a jellous failed bar owner, or just a pot stirrer, and it doest give your complaint much credability at all.

I stock 2 different kinds of Vodka, Gin etc as most bars do. BUT unless you order Schmirnoff or Gordans etc then you will get other brand which is widely used by ALL drinks suppliers. If a different brand is sold then it is tasted by me first BEFORE it goes on the shelf, if it tastes alot different then it does'nt go on sale.

The only problem i've had recently is the bartender serving white rum thinking its the same as Bacardi, he's been told its not the same but he is'nt the brightest of guys.

ordered 2 bacardi cokes&1vodka coke,the vodka i drank but i would,nt know a smirnoff from a stoli with coke in it but bacardi--- it aint hard,the white rum is <deleted> and if the barman dont know the difference maybe he should get a job in the band,maybe you could check if hes putting white rum in the bacardi bottle?whats the white rum for anyway surely people dont drink it?next time will be more specific when ordering. cheers

I stock 2 different kinds of Vodka, Gin etc as most bars do. BUT unless you order Schmirnoff or Gordans etc then you will get other brand which is widely used by ALL drinks suppliers. If a different brand is sold then it is tasted by me first BEFORE it goes on the shelf, if it tastes alot different then it does'nt go on sale.

ordered 2 bacardi cokes&1vodka coke,the vodka i drank but i would,nt know a smirnoff from a stoli with coke in it but bacardi--- it aint hard,the white rum is <deleted> and if the barman dont know the difference maybe he should get a job in the band,maybe you could check if hes putting white rum in the bacardi bottle?whats the white rum for anyway surely people dont drink it?next time will be more specific when ordering. cheers

Just out of interest - when you took this up with the bar staff - did they replace your drink when they realised their error ?

If so - there's no need to complain here. If not - Dave needs to sort them out.

Benson, Ive never met Dave, and have only been to the BF once in the 5 years i have lived here, but from reading his posts , he seems to me to be a pretty reasonable sort of guy.

If you have a greivance with the BF or Dave a public forum like this is not the place to air it. I would suggest that you take it up with him personally.

Most posters on here if they choose have annomity, and for all we know you could be a competiter, a jellous failed bar owner, or just a pot stirrer, and it doest give your complaint much credability at all.

for all i know you could be his best mate?been here long enough to realise complaing in a bar is not a good idea,just thought if dave didnt know id let him

Problem solved Benson :D

The ****ing idiot gave you white rum instead of Bacardi :D

I went to the club today after reading your post and called in one of my managers, A genuine mistake. Offending white rum is now with him at his home (i made him take it out of the club :D )

apologies and please make yourself known to me if you come in again so I can buy you a proper bacardi :D

I went to the club today after reading your post and called in one of my managers, A genuine mistake. Offending white rum is now with him at his home (i made him take it out of the club :D )

apologies and please make yourself known to me if you come in again so I can buy you a proper bacardi :D

Sounds like a very fair offer :D

thanks dave will certainly be back not sure when,!will tell my friends of your rapid response.cheers.ps is that bird on the door married?

thanks dave will certainly be back not sure when,!will tell my friends of your rapid response.cheers.ps is that bird on the door married?

Which one? short, tall, long hair ?? :D

Which one? short, tall, long hair ?? :D

With brown skin? :D

I was in Pattaya on June-July and I never seen so few farangs there. Even in 2003 then people scared SARS I think there were more farangs. I was suprised to see a lot of tourists in Chiang Mai and also in Mae Hong Soon. Maybe Pattaya is loosing its charm...

I am surprised that Pattaya is so quiet. I went there last week week-end and had a blast. Long opening hours, great gogos with fully nud_e girls, pussy bars, full of crazy drunken farangs (well only at the good places) and I had a great time in general. This is the place.

Bangkok is boring and going out in Bangkok is no longer it. I also saw a lot of Nana regulars in Pattaya so I guess more people from Bangkok are coming to Pattaya over the week-end. Why would anyone feels that Pattaya is quiet ? maybe week days ? I thought it was more quiet 2 or 3 years ago when they closed early. Maybe just a different impression.

About drinks, it is not uncommon in gogos to have "fake" or "local" brand being substituted. Also happens in Bangkok even in the most popular bars. They all do it. Sometimes you are lucky, sometimes you are not.

Pattaya may be quiet because of the water issue. Many potential travellers read the Pattaya Mail on line. P M has been reporting about the diminishing supply of clean water. Tourists want to be assured that they can flush their hotel toilets. It's not nice to see 'em floating there each time you lift the lid for a pee.

Perhaps it's because many/most of the millions of open beer bars try to outdo each other with their music. Walk into any of the bar complexes and try and enjoy the music. Each of them is playing different noises and they have their volume up as high as it will go. Why can't they all play from the one music source?

The volume issue also applies to most of the go go bars. Full volume does not necessarily mean better entertainment. Many customers prefer to drink in an establishment where their ear drums are not ruptured and they can chat with their friends.

Perhaps it's because few beer bars know how to serve a cold beer. Aussies will not drink beer unless it is icy cold. Bar owners need to ensure that their fridge is set out the coldest temperature and their staff make the effort to dig down and take the coldest bottle from the bottom of the pile. Serving warm beer is the best way to lose customers. (This doesn't apply to the UK travellers. They drink warm beer.)

Perhaps it's because of the increasing airfares due to the escalating price of fuel.

I'm a flying rodent hero, so I don't need planes.

Perhaps it's because of the never ending mess along Beach Road. People are sick of falling into deep pits and not being rescued for days. People are sick of sidestepping Indian tailors thrusting fashion books at them as they walk along the footpaths.

People are sick of getting tangled up in a throng of Chinese tourists shuffling along Walking Street and being taken miles out of their way. People are shocked at the price rise for magnum ice creams at the 7/11 stores.

Perhaps it's because crossing Second Road is impossible unless you sprint at full speed to avoid the kamakazi bike riders. The safest way to get to the other side of Second Road is to be born there.

...................but yes...............you are right...........Pattaya is quiet right now.

:o