Farang Men/thai Girlfriends -what's The Thai View?

dubwise

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will not get married at an earlier age than my brother or oldest cousin.

Why not? How old are they? What have they got to do with anything?

I believe they were more mature at this age.

Me: 26 less than a month

cousin: married at 28; knew the woman for 3 years. had only child at 30. still married

brother: married at 37. knew the woman for three years then got engaged for 12 months. Today he is 42 and still has no children.

I'MMMMMMMMM NOOOOOOOOOOT READY!!!

The dude feels that in 95% or more of thai/farang relationships that cash was a major factor somewhere along the line. Thems pretty good odds dudes. Furthermore, the dude also feels that 95% of the dudes who claim to be in the 5% category above are living in pipe dreams. Who can dig what the dude is saying?

I'm diggin it dude

not fiddy pa cen'

not nandy p cen'

one hunnert p' cen what da Dude drops here is true

That goes for all u good lookin guys too....because if you aint got no money, she will <deleted> the other guy with cash ahead of U

You're all talking about old dudes with Thai girls...

What about young guys like me? 19 year old tall blonde/blue eyed guys coming over for vacations and getting ladies?

How do you feel about that?

I feel sorry for you, becuase most of the girls here want security and they know 19 year old guys generally have zip in the bank, which means when you have spent your vacation allowance your off back to farangland to work your butt off to get the money so you can afford to come back next year.

This is why there are so many young ladies with older guys.

Not all Thai guys are like that, but most are. 

Had many relationships with thai guys then have you? :D

I'm not sure what you mean by '''Had many relationships with'' :o But nevertheless you do not have to sleep with one to listen to them bashing up thier g/f's wives after a night on the piss. Also interesting Thai TV show males assaulting females on a regular basis and never blurs out the image; which they do when there is someone with a gun or is smoking or drinking. Interesting?

BTW my original post was just a piss take. All countries have domestic violence, I do realize that, but not in my farang/thai house, I'm forbidden from doing it.

The dude feels that in 95% or more of thai/farang relationships that cash was a major factor somewhere along the line. Thems pretty good odds dudes. Furthermore, the dude also feels that 95% of the dudes who claim to be in the 5% category above are living in pipe dreams. Who can dig what the dude is saying?

I think I need "The Dude" to be more specific about "cash being a major factor". I'm not sure I can "dig" what the dude is saying.

Are you saying there is something wrong with the traditional male role of a man supporting the family?

Or are you saying that most men in a Thai/Farang relationship have to have a lot of money to support the rest of the Thai family (parents, siblings, and other relatives)?

I don't make a lot of money so when I got married I didn't give any dowery to my wifes parents. I don't send a lot of money home and I do have gold in the pawn shop.

Is there any room in "The Dudes" rule book for getting married for love? I think "The Dude" probably bases his facts on an expierenced lifestyle in places like Pattaya, Phuket, and Patpong.

I could be wrong, but I really don't care. Can you dig it! :o

have to agree with The Dude here. the truth is that most women who are past that juvenile stage will start to look for something more than good movie star looks. this does not apply only to thai women. i have a young (24 year old) assistant who is always playful and cheeky and she surprised me today when she told me she is really looking for an older man in a relationship who can take some leadership (she says thai men rely too much on the women to help them) and provide her security. it happens that in thailand many of the more eligible men who can provide security and stability are foreigners.

have to agree with The Dude here. the truth is that most women who are past that juvenile stage will start to look for something more than good movie star looks. this does not apply only to thai women. i have a young (24 year old) assistant who is always playful and cheeky and she surprised me today when she told me she is really looking for an older man in a relationship who can take some leadership (she says thai men rely too much on the women to help them) and provide her security. it happens that in thailand many of the more eligible men who can provide security and stability are foreigners.

Amen to that there your dudeness. BTW, nice nick you got there.

Oh yeah, Rich, easy there boy. thedude's post above gives added clarification to what this here dude was talking about. Hope you have shovel handy & are able to dig what the dude is saying

Edited by The Dude

On another related point , I get many looks from Thai men when out with my wife and our 2 sons. My stepson is from her 1st marriage , he is Thai and 14 years old.

I have been told on many occasions that nearly all ( 99%) of Thai men will NOT take on another mans child as their own. Farangs , if they love their wife, will not have a problem adopting their wife's child.

What does that mean?

I'm not sure , but it might prove that some Farang guys judge their wives less, and care less about what the outside world and society think about them.

:o

So many farang men (me included) walking around with Thai girlfriends - I get the impression most of the Thais don't care but is there not an underlying feeling of us coming over and stealing their women? There must be a certain degree of resentment, right?

Yes I think there is some resentment among some of the younger Thai lads I seen it a few times in villages in Isaan where x boy friends have turned up drunk at peoples homes and try and start a fight with farang men over X girl friends.

I have a problem at the moment with a ex bar girl who is married to a farang running around the village telling people I slept with her :o and I think it is just a case of her been jelous of what me and the missus have accomplished. And me being 20 years younger than her husband. Thank god the missus doesn,t beleive her otherwise I could have realy been in the shit.

I guess you got to put up with things like that when you are young Aussie stud :D

Why would a young aussie stud want to throw it all away and get married so soon?

Actually it was meant as Joke Dude

But I would not call traveling around the world working

Marrying a beautiful Thai girl having heath kids and living in a relaxed peaceful part of the world and enjoying life to the fullest is throwing my live away

Your tripping Dude

Back to OP

I just remembered a time on Ko samui at a full moon party when a thai guy standing with a few mate said something to my missus alone the lines of thai man not good enough for you

Also when I was living in Bangkok I kept getting dirty looks from some young thai lads down the road I told the missus about it she told me that before we met one of the guys had been asking her out

So I guess the only answer is yes they do

My missus was get her hair done in KK at a some flash hairdresses after she came out she told me that all the ladys in the shop where talking about how they wanted to catch falang husbands or boy friends these ladys weren,t poor they all had pulled up in flash cars I guess we are in fasion at the moment

with the idea that 95% of girls marry for money and the other 5% are guys in a pipe dream = 100%

Which means you belive only poor thai girls marry Farlang

You guys need to stop playing with your selfs and get out and about and take a look around

On another related point , I get many looks from Thai men when out with my wife and our 2 sons. My stepson is from her 1st marriage , he is Thai and 14 years old.

I have been told on many occasions that nearly all ( 99%) of Thai men will NOT take on another mans child as their own. Farangs , if they love their wife, will not have a problem adopting their wife's child.

What does that mean?

I'm not sure , but it might prove that some Farang guys judge their wives less, and care less about what the outside world and society think about them.

Also that they make excellent foster parents.

:D

What does that mean?

Also that they make excellent foster parents.

:D

Hopefully :D

I have been told on many occasions that nearly all ( 99%) of Thai men will NOT take on another mans child as their own.

I have to beg to differ with you here. Many Thai children grow up as adoptive children, taken in and seen through by their new fathers or mothers.

It is hard to make a generalization on a topic such as this. Judging only from the postings that I've seen, perhaps the population that farangs get familiar with represent a rather small portion of Thais as a whole ....

QUOTE(chonabot @ 2005-09-08 19:53:38)

I have been told on many occasions that nearly all ( 99%) of Thai men will NOT take on another mans child as their own.

I have to beg to differ with you here. Many Thai children grow up as adoptive children, taken in and seen through by their new fathers or mothers.

It is hard to make a generalization on a topic such as this. Judging only from the postings that I've seen, perhaps the population that farangs get familiar with represent a rather small portion of Thais as a whole ....

I agree Dara

I can only go on the people I have spoken to, and that was fairly unanimous.

Is it a myth that Thai ladies once widowed or divorced find it near impossible to find a man that will marry them , in Thai ( and other Asian) cultures?

This is the scenario that I meant with regards adoption etc.

Edited by chonabot

It is hard to make a generalization on a topic such as this.  Judging only from the postings that I've seen, perhaps the population that farangs get familiar with represent a rather small portion of Thais as a whole ....

I think I have met a fair cross section of Thai society , but I understand the impression one may get from my post.

We can only learn from our own experiences .

Why does The Dude feel it nessecary to continously refer to himself in third person????

"The Dude thinks this, The dude thinks that"

You sound like a right ######ing TIT. Did someone make you sit and watch Bill and Ted locked up in a room or something. ######.

How would you know why other people are in a relationship? Some may be in it for the money, but to say 95% like you've done a ######ing survey. Your tarring eveyone with the same brush, stupid thing to do. I bet you would'nt go and tell these couples what you think there relationship is based on would you?

Rj

So many farang men (me included) walking around with Thai girlfriends - I get the impression most of the Thais don't care but is there not an underlying feeling of us coming over and stealing their women? There must be a certain degree of resentment, right?

======================================

All toll my time spent in Thailand is about 2 years. Certainly not an authority, but this matter has come up for discussion a number of times.

My farang's friends and I have sexual appetites that included both sexes. We spent much if not most of our time with Thai men and Thai females simultaneously.

My take on it is, and generally speaking of course, Thai men showed a bit of contempt towards these Thai girls and not to the Farangs.

Whether sincere or just being polite to the Farangs, who knows for sure. My belief is that there feelings in both instances are genuine........... DJM

My farang's friends and I have sexual appetites that included both sexes.  We spent much if not most of our time with Thai men and Thai females simultaneously.

Uhh......Whatever floats your boat , man...... I guess just like BambinA said, Thailand is heaven for you... :D

Hmmmm, read the whole string and my conclusion is that diversity is a wonderful thing and no two people - male/female, thai/thai, farang/thai are the same just as everyone that you, as a couple bump into will all have a different view on the subject. All I can say is a cliched "live and let live" and "jai-yen" to all.........

You're all talking about old dudes with Thai girls...

What about young guys like me? 19 year old tall blonde/blue eyed guys coming over for vacations and getting ladies?

I feel sorry for you, becuase most of the girls here want security and they know 19 year old guys generally have zip in the bank, which means when you have spent your vacation allowance your off back to farangland to work your butt off to get the money so you can afford to come back next year.

This is why there are so many young ladies with older guys.

Haha that's not at all what I've heard :o Plus so many Euro's... woo. Money is not an issue. My trust fund is always open.

Also, yes I do work hard. I work hard because I make $25/hour Canadian. I'm a carpenter and I'm doing this for now because it lets me stand on my own two feet and learn how the real world works and not rely on mommy and daddy for my income.

Edited by Canadian-Jesse

I'm diggin it dude

not fiddy pa cen'

not nandy p cen'

one hunnert p' cen what da Dude drops here is true

That goes for all u good lookin guys too....because if you aint got no money, she will <deleted> the other guy with cash ahead of U

Oh yes, I gotto agree wif that, I reckon 100percen

every time i go to bar, the gurls there are nice , but they all want munney for sex

evry one, and they ask for it to

I mean, if you hansum man like Thapwriter, well hung and all, you wuld think it wuld be free, innit? but he has to pay to, throu the nose I bet. I dunno why he says 95percen tho, cos I bet it is 100 evn for him, unless he gets a granny now and then

and The Dud, he nows his way around dunne, he speaks like the qeen, all this and that, a bit posh true, and he says, if you aint got the munny, you dont get it, so tru

so, thats it reely, all thai gurls want munny, every one, no exeption

not like at home, just see a gurl and buy her a cupple of beers, and she will go out the back wif you for a quicky, even in the boxs and crates

i like Thai gurls tho, even if they all want munny