Internet Explorer And Firefox

Neeranam

My internet explorer started closing itself down all the time so I just downloaded Firefox and so far it seems faster and no problems.

Can I open a few different windows without causing harm to the computer?

Any other things I should know about starting with firefox?

Cheers

NN

Personally I think firefox is excellent.

I have used it for ages with no problems. Unlike IE, ff (firefox) is a tabbed broweser.

If when you are running it your press "ctrl 'and' t" a new blank page will open.

Also check that you are running the latest version of ff, it should be 1.06. To do this click help, then about, a little popup screen will come up telling you what version it is.

The problem that you are going to have though is with IE closing itself down, then you may not be able to keep your PC uptodate with windows updates, as this cant be done with ff. (not strictly true there is a site somewhere that allows you to do it, but its not an official microsoft site)

Firefox is on the whole a much safer browser than IE, as it doesnt allow BHO's, and has a popup blocker built in.

There are load of extras you can download for it from the firefox homepage.

EDIT:

Sorry forgot to say:

I sometimes have 2 or 3 firefox screen opens, each one with 4 or 5 tabs. So you shouldnt have a problem.

With my firefox i cant use the chat room here, but thats just because i havnt download the required plugin.

Edited by chang

Personally I think firefox is excellent.

I also use Firefox as my default browser, but it has a problem with some extremely badly coded web pages. For those, I have to use Microsoft Internet Explorer (in Firefox, right-click, then click on “View This Page in IE”

One thing I cannot do with Firefox: place a shortcut to the open page on the desktop. For this, I need to open the page in IE.