How Would Thailand Fare If Attacked Militarily?

Mishathebear

This is not to be meant literally, but I am into my PC war games phase and I am imagining if Thailand were to be aerial attacked by an imaginary nation like Estovakia with modern fighters and bombers.

1) Would Thailand be able to handle the aggresor alone?

2) Will The Asean countries come to help Thailand and will it happen instantly?

3) Will the high society (generals, politicians, celebs) flee to another countries?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So long as they could produce enough anti-projectile, anti-landmine, anti-black magic etc etc amulets the soldiers will be invincible. Don't forget the have the GT200 explosive detector that should warn them of any incoming artillery + the reconnaissance blimp to be their eyes. No army would dare attack the mighty Thai army.

Edited by Sakeopete

I think I read somewhere that the Thai armed forces has one of the highest ratios of Generals to soldiers in the world. Not promising.

Thai forces are conscript and not volunteer. Another disadvantage.

Thailand got it's arse kicked by Laotian forces in 1987-88 over a border dispute.

If they can't do well against Laos, then who could they beat.

Sorry, but, the Thai armed forces have their best record against unarmed Thai civilians. They are pretty good at that.

Asean is an economic grouping, not a military alliance.

If Thailand was attacked, the USA would step in as they do have a military alliance.

Guess who would bear the brunt of the fighting?

Edited by KarenBravo

They did not fair so well during WWII.

They faired better than any of the other countries who declared war on the allies.

That is because when the Japanese were about to attack they sided with the Japanese, when the Japanese were losing the war they sided with the Allies. LOL!

Little more complicated than that - this isn't Switzerland for crying out loud! :lol:

They faired better than any of the other countries who declared war on the allies.

That is because when the Japanese were about to attack they sided with the Japanese, when the Japanese were losing the war they sided with the Allies. LOL!

Which way is the wind blowing?

Edited by krading

Thailand was "asked" by the Japanese to "invite" them in; otherwise they would be attacked.

Actually the Japanese invaded at several places and were meet by the Thai military which resulted in several hundred Japanese soldiers being killed before the Thai PM called a cease fire the same day and ended the shooting. That same PM later declared war on the US.

TH

Which way is the wind blowing?

I was going to say Patpong but you went and changed it.

why does Golf enter my thoughts here :(

Probably the Thai Anti Aircraft forces will try to shoot down enemy planes with golf balls or were you thinking of generals playing golf while the Thai grunts face the perils and harshness of air bombardment.

Did they get the idea for golf balls after they failed with origami birds?

Could the Thai's defend themselves against a modern air force delivering an aerial attack?

No, few countries in the world are constantly prepared to repel an aerial attack.

1. Israel

2. The Korean peninsula

3. Parts of the Indian/Pakistan border..

The neighbors would not intervene. Japan might for economic reasons. The US certainly would, though I doubt it would go nuclear for Thailand.

Why would the elites leave the country? They can't be elites elsewhere. Why do you think Thaskin wants back so badly.

Could the Thai's defend themselves against a modern air force delivering an aerial attack?

No, few countries in the world are constantly prepared to repel an aerial attack.

1. Israel

2. The Korean peninsula

The neighbors would not intervene. Japan might for economic reasons. The US certainly would, though I doubt it would go nuclear for Thailand.

Why would the elites leave the country? They can't be elites elsewhere. Why do you think Thaskin wants back so badly.

Would the US come to help immediately when Thailand is attacked or months later (like Kuwait in 1991)? Is it in the US best interest to defend Thailand?

1. Israel

2. The Korean peninsula

Would the US come to help immediately when Thailand is attacked or months later (like Kuwait in 1991)? Is it in the US best interest to defend Thailand?

well as I am not in the NCA I am only guessing.

But you need to drill down your questions a bit more.

You said an aerial attack.

Kind of a moot point to show up to defend an aerial attack in progress.

The Kuwaiti deal had to take months because it was an invasion. I know in your computer game times goes by quickly.

Of course it is in the US best interest to defend Thailand. Americans love cheap products

South Korea and Indonesia could kick Thailand's arse.

Thailand could kick Malaysias, Cambodias, Burmas and Laos' arse.

My understanding is that Thailand and China are building stronger relationships. If the USA and Thailand fought in 15 years time, who would Thailand side with?

Whoever offered the best deal on fire trucks?:lol:

South Korea and Indonesia could kick Thailand's arse.

Thailand could kick Malaysias, Cambodias, Burmas and Laos' arse.

My understanding is that Thailand and China are building stronger relationships. If the USA and Thailand fought in 15 years time, who would Thailand side with?

I'm guessing they would side with...wait for it...wait for it...Thailand.

1. Israel

2. The Korean peninsula

well as I am not in the NCA I am only guessing.

But you need to drill down your questions a bit more.

You said an aerial attack.

Kind of a moot point to show up to defend an aerial attack in progress.

The Kuwaiti deal had to take months because it was an invasion. I know in your computer game times goes by quickly.

Of course it is in the US best interest to defend Thailand. Americans love cheap products

Ok we have this fictional scenario. The Generals of Estovakia have been insulted by the Thai media. As a result they want to shut down the Thai media industry. So they plan to send 150 aircraft in a lightning aerial attack armed with cruise missiles and laser guided bombs to destroy press hubs, TV stations, soap opera production studios, talent agencies bla bla bla.

It is 4:23 PM and the attack starts. Thaivisa urgent updates reports explosions heard in Silom and Sukhumvit. So now what happens next.