Uk Settlement Waiting 2011

Hi everyone.  Our application was submitted on May 5th. Happy to say we checked online today and saw passport was ready.  Collected it immediately.  Our application was successful!!  Thanks for all the help I've had from this site.

Fantastic news neilo, but please would you clarify the submission date?

We submitted our application on April 5th.  Still waiting.  You can add me to that list too.

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks linyai for adding me to the list. it lookes like Neilo has got his...congrats mate...we put ours as did some others on the list so it's just a matter of time for the 5th april crew.....

the 12 wks thing then accounts for 90 working days then....just worked that out as 22 nd august....argghhhh..hope not.

got reply again from VFS after speaking to lady their this morning and all she did was the same as the tracking application...nothing more...she did clarify the 90 days working thing though.

chees

rob

Waiting list updated on 12th June:

shadyacres29, 7th March - 1st April = 3 weeks and 5days, successful

tigerjohn 15th March - 26th May = 10weeks and 3days, successful

englishinsiam, 28th March - 12th May = 6weeks and 4days, successful (expedited on compassionate grounds)

contractor, 31st March - 1st June = 8weeks and 6days, successful

samcled, 5th April = 9weeks and 5days,

neilo, 5th April = 9weeks and 5days,

space1999, 5th April = 9weeks and 5days,

thaiscouse, 7th April = 9weeks and 3days,

brynpugh, 7th April = 9weeks and 3days,

lingyaiyai, 11th April = 8weeks and 6days,

storeman, 12th April = 8weeks and 5days,

leafmould, 11th May = 4weeks and 1day,

farrangkeenok, 17th May = 3weeks and 5days,

jasonr3255, 20th May = 3weeks and 2days,

stabbo-lad, 25th May = 2weeks and 4day,

aland2012, 26th May = 2weeks and 3days,

all4one, 27th May = 2weeks and 2days,

brumdave, 9th June = 0weeks and 3days,

I will try to update this list as often as possible, but will 'hand over the baton' when Mrs lingyaiyai (hopefully) gets her visa.

Waiting list updated on 13th June:

englishinsiam, 28th March - 12th May = 6weeks and 4days, successful (expedited on compassionate grounds)

neilo, 5th April - 9th June = 9weeks and 2days, successful

samcled, 5th April = 9weeks and 6days,

space1999, 5th April = 9weeks and 6days,

thaiscouse, 7th April = 9weeks and 4days,

brynpugh, 7th April = 9weeks and 4days,

lingyaiyai, 11th April = 9weeks and 0days,

storeman, 12th April = 8weeks and 6days,

leafmould, 11th May = 4weeks and 2day,

farrangkeenok, 17th May = 3weeks and 6days,

jasonr3255, 20th May = 3weeks and 3days,

stabbo-lad, 25th May = 2weeks and 5days,

aland2012, 26th May = 2weeks and 4days,

all4one, 27th May = 2weeks and 3days,

brumdave, 9th June = 0weeks and 4days,

I'm not getting any joy with the online application tracker (just want to make sure they are both in the system).

I've tried all the numbers the wife has given me from the VFS receipt but can't get it accept any of them.

Can anyone who has been able to check their application via the tracker please give me the correct format for the reference number so I can try again or get back to the wife.

Many thanks,

SL.

I'm not getting any joy with the online application tracker (just want to make sure they are both in the system).

I've tried all the numbers the wife has given me from the VFS receipt but can't get it accept any of them.

Can anyone who has been able to check their application via the tracker please give me the correct format for the reference number so I can try again or get back to the wife.

Many thanks,

SL.

i dont know if you are doing the same as i was when i first tried, google uk embassy bangkok then use the tracker on there it worked for me, by the way congrats to those who have been successful whilst i have been in thailand and im sure its not much longer for a few more on the list, and good luck to those who have joined the list,

Many thanks,

SL.

i dont know if you are doing the same as i was when i first tried, google uk embassy bangkok then use the tracker on there it worked for me, by the way congrats to those who have been successful whilst i have been in thailand and im sure its not much longer for a few more on the list, and good luck to those who have joined the list,

To check with the onlineapplication tracker

https://www.vfs.org.in/UKG-PassportTracking/ApplicantTrackStatus.aspx?Data=ULqiHNFSP0FI8SOju2rNnQ==

Go to the link above and type as below,x is a number. J

APET/xxxxxx/xxxxxx/x

Just collected husbands passport and the visa has been approved. What a relief, may get a good nights sleep now!!!

Let the sorting; packing; and selling begin. Fingers crossed we will be flying to England in the next two weeks.

Good luck to everyone still waiting x

Congratulations samcled on your excelllent news!

For those who have been told of a decision the average waiting time has been 56.5 days:

samcled, 5th April - 14th June = 10weeks and 0days, successful

Still waiting, as of 15th June:

space1999, 5th April = 10weeks and 1day,

thaiscouse, 7th April = 9weeks and 6days,

brynpugh, 7th April = 9weeks and 6days,

lingyaiyai, 11th April = 9weeks and 2days,

storeman, 12th April = 9weeks and 1day,

leafmould, 11th May = 4weeks and 4days,

farrangkeenok, 17th May = 4weeks and 1day,

jasonr3255, 20th May = 3weeks and 5days,

stabbo-lad, 25th May = 3weeks and 0days,

aland2012, 26th May = 2weeks and 6days,

all4one, 27th May = 2weeks and 5days,

chronos, 27th May = 2weeks and 5days,

brumdave, 9th June = 0weeks and 6days,

Just collected husbands passport and the visa has been approved. What a relief, may get a good nights sleep now!!!

Let the sorting; packing; and selling begin. Fingers crossed we will be flying to England in the next two weeks.

Good luck to everyone still waiting x

Congratulations!

Theres another week gone. I wonder if we'll get home in time for Christmas

I'm feeling it too, you should hear news very soon, its only been 3 weeks and 3 days for us, this is the longest wait I think I have ever known. It is a big come down I think, doing all the planing and thinking, taking time about doing the Spouse Visa, then just to sit a wait, but waiting is what we have to do now. Wishing for the weeks to fly by. :jap:

Alan Day

It's been pver 10 weeks now....this is soooo long. Just phoned VFS and same info as is on tracker....useless really. They just kept saying it is 12 wks for settlement visa...surely up to 12 wks yes......I can't believe it...in the words of Victor Meldrew

Still waiting, as of 20th June:

space1999, 5th April = 10weeks and 6days,

thaiscouse, 7th April = 10weeks and 4days,

brynpugh, 7th April = 10weeks and 4days,

lingyaiyai, 11th April = 10weeks and 0days,

storeman, 12th April = 9weeks and 6days,

leafmould, 11th May = 5weeks and 2days,

farrangkeenok, 17th May = 4weeks and 6days,

jasonr3255, 20th May = 4weeks and 3days,

stabbo-lad, 25th May = 3weeks and 5days,

aland2012, 26th May = 3weeks and 4days,

all4one, 27th May = 3weeks and 3days,

chronos, 27th May = 3weeks and 3days,

brumdave, 9th June = 1week and 4days,

For those who have been told of a decision the average waiting time has been 56.5 days:

samcled, 5th April - 14th June = 10weeks and 0days, successful

My wife just had a phone call from the embassy, they wanted wage slips or tax returns, Im self employed and can work over the internet so I dont have either, (dont pay uk tax cos Im in thailand most of the time) I did mention this to them in the guidance notes I sent with the supporting documentation, I dont know if theyve even read it.

I did send them 6 months of bank statements with approx £30,000 going into it in the 6 months up to the visa application, and so the only thing I can do now is send them my bank statements from the time of the visa application.

I thought just to be able to show you were capable of financially supporting your spouse was enough, getting a bit worried now as is the missus, and got an 8 month old son to consider too, hes already got a british passport though.

My wife just had a phone call from the embassy, they wanted wage slips or tax returns, Im self employed and can work over the internet so I dont have either, (dont pay uk tax cos Im in thailand most of the time) I did mention this to them in the guidance notes I sent with the supporting documentation, I dont know if theyve even read it.

I did send them 6 months of bank statements with approx £30,000 going into it in the 6 months up to the visa application, and so the only thing I can do now is send them my bank statements from the time of the visa application.

I thought just to be able to show you were capable of financially supporting your spouse was enough, getting a bit worried now as is the missus, and got an 8 month old son to consider too, hes already got a british passport though.

Without knowing the background to the application, and what documents you provided, it is difficult to comment. What I would say, though, is that just providing evidence of money going into your bank account may not be enough. The visa officer will want to know where this money came from. Just saying that it is income will probably not be good enough. As far as the visa officer knows, that money could have come from anywhere, maybe even from an illegal source. The visa officer is required to be satisfied that you can support your wife, and that is where proof of income, and where that income is generated, comes in. The fact that you are seemingly unable to provide any evidence of tax paid could also be a problem. Are you legally non-resident for tax purposes ? Just saying that you are not often in UK will not be enough to be declared non-resident for tax purposes.

If it comes to that looks like I will have to go back to the UK and work for six months worth of wage slips and tax returns, then make the application again, so with the six months work and the visa application again it could be 9 months before I see the family again, depressing thought!

No Im not legally none resident for tax purposes