Nasty Experience With Ex-Girlfriend And What To Do.

I'm in an endless cycle, it seems, of a nasty situation with my ex-girlfriend. She left me recently, just to come back to my apartment building, asking the staff to open my apartment without my permission, while I was away (she knew exactly when I wouldn't be home); removing many things, mostly hers.

Following that and a couple of phone conversations with her, I decided to do the following:

1. telling the reception staff not to unlock my room for her should she return to the building

2. call me or the police in case she came back, as she had stolen bank books, cash and other things from me in the past

3. telling the reception staff not to unlock my apartment for her because of reason No.2, as she had behaved towards me as a thief in numerous situations.

She now has phoned me, threatening me to 'come with the police', as she still has her things stored with a friend in the same building, which the staff won't give here as I warned them. Of course it's the decision of the staff to open any other apartment, except mine, isn't it?

My questions are these now:

1. Can, in Thailand, a former visitor of a tenant enter the tenant's apartment at any time, as he/she likes?

2. Can she verbally threaten me, only because I told the staff that she stole from me on numerous occasions?

Edited by 007

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can reception open your apartment door.

Don't you have this chain on the door with your own lock?

No. They told me some time ago that they would change the lock, so that no-one except me could open it, but it never happened. And the reception staff is quite unreliable and changes often. That's why I warned the reception desk not to let her into the building, especially not into my room.

No. They told me some time ago that they would change the lock, so that no-one except me could open it, but it never happened. And the reception staff is quite unreliable and changes often. That's why I warned the reception desk not to let her into the building, especially not into my room.

If you are the lease holder I.E. your name only is on the rental agreement then YOU decide who goes in or not. they have to abide by that.

If they let anyone else in then they are assisting in a illegal entry.

my suggestion. change the lock yourself. its easy.

Greg

The best thing is, if she bothers me with the boys in brown, then I will just show them the police report I made recently, in which I stated that she stole two bank books from me. Sure, the police won't find them anymore on her, but maybe this, together with the fact of her sneaking into my room (without being the owner of a key) while I was away, will shut her up somehow. Maybe I can get her arrested on the spot; never mind that my evening would be ruined too. :D

Edited by 007

If it's only a rental apartment, best to move elsewhere, change your phone number.

If you really must stay there, change the lock yourself, locks are cheap, takes 10 minutes and a screwdriver.

PS

I am a very cowardly person, when it comes to ending a relationship with a Thai lady.

I have always found it prudent for them to understand it is over when they find my belongings gone, and my phone unavailable (usually after they have been visiting their family at my expense for the past month).

When they do realise, I have been known to send an SMS, "sorry it's over"

They then tend to file assault reports with the police (be prepared for that), but if you have been living with another girl for weeks before any report is made, the report tends to be filed in the police rubbish bin.

If you are the lease holder I.E. your name only is on the rental agreement then YOU decide who goes in or not. they have to abide by that.

If they let anyone else in then they are assisting in a illegal entry.

my suggestion. change the lock yourself. its easy.

Greg

Cheers, Greg. I though so to. As for the first time, they can always argue that she used to stay with me, and I didn't tell them. But IMHO she does not have any business in the apartment building anymore as she is not a tenant.

Do not wait for somebody else to take responsibility for your safety of your possessions. Change the locks yourself. Here is an idea that someone gave me more than 30 years ago, and I've found it to be excellent advice. Keep a complete set of new locks in your safe. When you have to send a lady packing, the first thing that you do is change the locks.

Other than moving, I'd change my phone number, never engage in any conversations with her, remove all valuables from the apartment,, change the locks, and watch your back. By talking with her, you're only furthering her harrassment. Whether or not you still have feelings for her, she only wants to hurt you. You wouldn't be willing to share the circumstances of her leaving you, would you?

The police will do nothing really, I had a gf show up to nightclub with knife and try to stab me. The police were not interested. I changed the locks on my house and put all her things in the street. I gave her just enough money for a bus ticket and a few k. She went away.

Do you have any Thai friends who are men?

If so, have them handle it for you.

She will respect them.

you sure about that ?

Yes.

Its not about respect..its about being scared ..if a Thai wanted is teerak out of is room or of is premises. .he will do just that

there will be no tippy toeing about ..he will chuck her the F@@K out. rolleyes.gif

Do you have any Thai friends who are men?

If so, have them handle it for you.

She will respect them.

you sure about that ?

Yes.

Its not about respect..its about being scared ..if a Thai wanted is teerak out of is room or of is premises. .he will do just that

there will be no tippy toeing about ..he will chuck her the F@@K out. rolleyes.gif

Bingo :)

The best thing is, if she bothers me with the boys in brown, then I will just show them the police report I made recently, in which I stated that she stole two bank books from me. Sure, the police won't find them anymore on her, but maybe this, together with the fact of her sneaking into my room (without being the owner of a key) while I was away, will shut her up somehow. Maybe I can get her arrested on the spot; never mind that my evening would be ruined too. :D

UNtil she is convicted of theft you cannot call her a thief without the worry of a frivolous lawsuit for defamation of character. She sounds like someone that would do that. Do the right thing and arrange for a time when she can come and collect her remaining possessions and then she will have no business showing up at your residence. Refrain from the accusations; smile, remain calm and put on the "I'm a nice guy" face. Hopefully, she goes away.

They then tend to file assault reports with the police (be prepared for that), but if you have been living with another girl for weeks before any report is made, the report tends to be filed in the police rubbish bin.

So the safe way is to get another live-in to replace the ex asap? Do you guys never learn?

'Nasty Experience With Ex-Girlfriend And What To Do.' What a let down this thread was.. :whistling:

I don't think your telling the truth, if her things are stored with her 'friend' why can't her friend take them for her, why does she feel the need to invlove the police?

the police often "help" with settlements in these situations.

The police don't like to get involved in domestic disputes as theres nothing in it for them the majority of the time, at least thats usually the case? What settlement is required, the police would likely tell her to have her friend bring her things if the OP is 100% truthfull?

Thai girls demeaning themselves by going with a falang? The ones that get passed from one guy to the next like a cheap whore or as a whore, perhaps. Whether the guy or the girl for that matter be Thai or Farang, they'd be demeaning themselves regardless by acting in this way.

I think you'll find that 'good girls' who manage to land a decent farang are actually viewed with quite a bit of envy from their peers of the same sex. Thai guys, especially single ones, on the other hand are a different matter.

You consider your wife to be demeaning herself by being with you? :ermm:

For Ch@@@t sake grow up!

What type of person are you? Stand on your hind legs and tell her to go away.

Let’s put this into context:

1: You managed to get all the way here to Thailand under your own volition (I assume) or did mummy bring you?

2. You managed to find this girl?

3. You can manage to lose this girl?

4. You know how to pack a suitcase?

5. You have some education?

6. Oh dear me this is pointless…………………………………………………………………………………

Deal with it

fyi, it is actually illegal to threaten anyone in any way in thailand, especially if it involves bodily harm, however it is also illegal to record conversations of any type in thailand. it is also illegal to have sex with someone under the age of 17 in thailand. That is why it is has been so hard in the past to get men to even come to Bangkok. Dont worry about the law or the police though, just be fair and give her stuff back asap. and dont have anything to do with her. start to get rid of any ties you have with her. Thais respond well to this type of treatment.. Try not to involve to many different people because they may look for oppertunity in your dispute. try to arrange for someone YOU trust to meet her at the apt to get her stuff. make sure she know s that aftyer she gets her stuff you will not be available for her to contact. I heard about this brittish guy (not sure if it is true)who had a similar problem with an three underaged bar girls in his short time hotel, somebody's x wife went down to try to sort it out and got sucked in to the mess that ended up with everyone around nana getting involved. All these old swiss men came around trying to get the girl to leave with them because she was so hot. listen, if you are going to date the kind of women that want to be with us here you had better have a good dissappearing act when stuff like this happens. Remember that most of the threats are like a puffed up cock trying to scare you. just ignore it and rent a new girl.

have fun

Edited by aussiejohn