Maesai 30 Days Stamps Limited

...example..under 50..not married...retired young...wish to live in Thailand and have enough money to afford this...don't want buy any property...what are the options unless making 30 days visa run???....maybe 3 months visa run to a thai embassy.....nothing more (I think...)....

that's about your only choice. its what i'm doing right now. i'm under 25, not married (though have a thai girlfriend) and obviously under 50, living from my monthly overseas income and not working in Thailand. 90 day non-imm O or tourist visas from consulates like Penang are the only choice for me as well, perhaps a marriage visa in the future :o

...you're right...but, you know, I live just about 30 km from the Thai southern border with Cambodia..it's better for me make 30 days visaruns that going to Penang every 3 months...sometimes I think why, if I can clearly show to Thai immigration i have enough money to live in Thailand , I'm not entitled to some kind of good one year visa (maybe going out country every 90 days).

I think if thai immigration would do that many many people would be happy and much more money would flow in "Thai hands" instead of "Cambodian hands"...

..just my thoughts...

...example..under 50..not married...retired young...wish to live in Thailand and have enough money to afford this...don't want buy any property...what are the options unless making 30 days visa run???....maybe 3 months visa run to a thai embassy.....nothing more (I think...)....

that's about your only choice. its what i'm doing right now. i'm under 25, not married (though have a thai girlfriend) and obviously under 50, living from my monthly overseas income and not working in Thailand. 90 day non-imm O or tourist visas from consulates like Penang are the only choice for me as well, perhaps a marriage visa in the future :D

...you're right...but, you know, I live just about 30 km from the Thai southern border with Cambodia..it's better for me make 30 days visaruns that going to Penang every 3 months...sometimes I think why, if I can clearly show to Thai immigration i have enough money to live in Thailand , I'm not entitled to some kind of good one year visa (maybe going out country every 90 days).

I think if thai immigration would do that many many people would be happy and much more money would flow in "Thai hands" instead of "Cambodian hands"...

..just my thoughts...

then that's a lot easier for you, right :D for me (living in Bangkok), it would be a pain to do 30 day visa runs, that's why i get the 90 day visas (doubles or triples). i guess as long as there's no new visa coming out, we'll just have to do the 30 or 90 day runs until we're old and they let us stay. :D:o

that's about your only choice. its what i'm doing right now. i'm under 25, not married (though have a thai girlfriend) and obviously under 50, living from my monthly overseas income and not working in Thailand. 90 day non-imm O or tourist visas from consulates like Penang are the only choice for me as well, perhaps a marriage visa in the future :D

..just my thoughts...

then that's a lot easier for you, right :D for me (living in Bangkok), it would be a pain to do 30 day visa runs, that's why i get the 90 day visas (doubles or triples). i guess as long as there's no new visa coming out, we'll just have to do the 30 or 90 day runs until we're old and they let us stay. :D:o

...so, I really hope that in a near future there would be some new visa coming out...it would be very helpful for many people same us and also for Thailand.....

Is getting 30 days stamps illegal then?  :o
According to the Interior Ministerial Announcements dated 1 October B.E. 2545 (2002), 20 December B.E. 2545 (2002) ,18 October B.E. 2547 (2004) and 6 May B.E. 2548 (2005)  , passport holders from 40 countries and Hong Kong SAR do not require a visa when entering Thailand for tourism purposes if their stay in the Kingdom does not exceed 30 days.

It was about a year ago, around the time when this 'show money' thing was introduced in Maesai, when I asked my (thai) wife to call Maesai immigration for me, to ask them if it was ok to continue with 30 days stamps despite the fact that I had already 12 or 13 of them in my passport. The answer was: yes, no problem, there is no limit.

I believe by asking an official about the interpretation of this law in regard to my situation, I fulfilled my responsibility and I never did anything illegal.

With a Thai wife you can get an 'o' visa extendable in 12 month chunks. Never do a visa run again :D

Extendable.. if you can show 400k :D

..just my thoughts...

...so, I really hope that in a near future there would be some new visa coming out...it would be very helpful for many people same us and also for Thailand.....

I am sure when our countries allow Thai to live without requirements that Thailand will be very happy to provide you the same. In the meantime the 3 million investment option is on the Thai table - is it on your countries table?

..just my thoughts...

I am sure when our countries allow Thai to live without requirements that Thailand will be very happy to provide you the same. In the meantime the 3 million investment option is on the Thai table - is it on your countries table?

...surely you got reason but fact is that now I pay to Cambodia 1000B fee for visa every month for living in Thailand (and thailand gets nothing)...maybe better also for Thailand to change this "status quo"....

I have more than 3M baht invested here in condo but still no investor visa (trying!) as the condo was not purchased directly from developer...

I probably am forced to put 3M in some gov bonds paying close to negative 3% real interest (after fees and inflation 5-6%) unless I go the visa run route.

Cheers!

..just my thoughts...

Or, as you said, getting married to your Thai gf.