Phuket Thai Visa Get Together

katabeachbum

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that was a good night. Its a small world, I knew quite a few heads there, (I didnt know they posted here...I might have to be more careful wink.gif)

Well done Ricky and that BBQ was absolutely fantastic, The ribs and sauce were sensational. Probably the best BBQ ive had here in Phuket by a country mile.

I also liked the way the food was brought to you by the staff, (the advantage of this is people didnt have to line up pushing each other out of the way, then loosing their seats)

The beer was cold and i never had to wait for a drink. The band was good also.

You should do the Thai Visa get together once a month Ricky...like the last Sunday of the month. i would definately be there. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Yeah that was a good night. Its a small world, I knew quite a few heads there, (I didnt know they posted here...I might have to be more careful wink.gif)

Well done Ricky and that BBQ was absolutely fantastic, The ribs and sauce were sensational. Probably the best BBQ ive had here in Phuket by a country mile.

I also liked the way the food was brought to you by the staff, (the advantage of this is people didnt have to line up pushing each other out of the way, then loosing their seats)

The beer was cold and i never had to wait for a drink. The band was good also.

You should do the Thai Visa get together once a month Ricky...like the last Sunday of the month. i would definately be there. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Well done Riky,great night, good food ,good music,i enjoyed the crack ,sorry i had to leave early but i enjoyed the night,good venue, the only negatives a lot of the members that posted they were going were mising,i knew probably 80% of the poeple there, i think most of the FLAMERS were missing,i would definatly go to another similar event....THANKS..

Yeah, the Reggae band was about the best I've heard on the island and then the blues guy was incredible also.

I was so wrapped up in listening to them, I didn't make too many introductions to other members.

I did notice some preferred to stay incognito while others had no problem with saying who they were.

Nice to meet the ones who weren't afraid.

I was a bit surprised at the low turnout.

I thought there were about 20 of us there (i don't think all of those young girls were Thai Visa people but, of course, i could be wrong)

Good time for sure.

My sincere apologies to Ricky and others for not showing up. As I explained to him personally earlier in the day, I had to wait for the aircon man to attend before I could go to the function. Well, I waited, and waited, and waited and he did not show up nor bother to ring me. :annoyed:

Yeah, the Reggae band was about the best I've heard on the island and then the blues guy was incredible also.

I was so wrapped up in listening to them, I didn't make too many introductions to other members.

I did notice some preferred to stay incognito while others had no problem with saying who they were.

Nice to meet the ones who weren't afraid.

I was a bit surprised at the low turnout.

I thought there were about 20 of us there (i don't think all of those young girls were Thai Visa people but, of course, i could be wrong)

Good time for sure.

Actually, The official count was thirteen (13) Thai Visa Members and some decided not to have the BBQ but still requested to have a free Beer... Thankfully I reopened the BBQ to the public and the walk in guests including those hot young girls and many other that actually out numbered the Thai Visa members by a large margin. We hosted a 6 piece Reggae Band and a 3 piece Blues/Rock Band so the night was not cheap and would have been a real experience for you all. Chainsaw & Fiddlehead got up on stage and shared the energy. I will continue to feature our LIVE MUSIC BBQs Mondays-Thursdays and tonight Saturdays. Oh Yea, Tonight more live music and lots of Great Food & Fun!

It must be said. A very disappointing turnout from the TV members. That being said, the absentees missed a great night.

Rick had really put 100% into making it a success. A solo spot by Aly was the perfect start to a night of nonstop music. The music from the Reggae Band (Coconutheadband) was great, watch out for these guys, they may be doing a regular spot at Rick's.

Me and Glenn did a couple of songs as a filler while the next band was setting up and then we got some awesome blues from a very professional group.

The BBQ has to be experienced, it's got to be one of the best on the island.

RickNRoll on the next one!

Have already apologized personally to Ricky for not turning up but I was having a slight medical emergency which I hope will be sorted enough so that I can attend tonight.

As a regular customer I already know what I missed and can only wonder why there was such a low turnout. Something to bear in mind next time someone starts a thread suggesting a TV get together.

I reckon if he did it once a month then it would be talked about on here a lot...people would then relise they are missing out on a great night with good food and good entertainment. At 350 baht its a steal !

I mean where in any western country can you get an all you can eat BBQ, a beer and a band for $11.50 US?? Plus for those single guys there were a few fit birds there,

One idea for the pre booking and stuff would be to PM the members that confirm they are coming...then the members could print out the PM page...then present it at rickys...anyone without the printout gets charged 400 baht.....too easy

Hope you do it again Ricky....ill make sure it isnt a work day the next day for my missus, I reckon the last saturday or sunday of the month would be a good time to have a regular doocool.gif

Edited by snamos

Thanks for ordering some special premium wine and selling it a a reasonable price. If you can do it in the future again will let you know as there is no place to get a decent glass of wine that does not come out of a box or giant bottle.

Sorry people asked you for free beer. That is just so tacky!

I reckon if he did it once a month then it would be talked about on here a lot...people would then relise they are missing out on a great night with good food and good entertainment. At 350 baht its a steal !

I mean where in any western country can you get an all you can eat BBQ, a beer and a band for $11.50 US?? Plus for those single guys there were a few fit birds there,

One idea for the pre booking and stuff would be to PM the members that confirm they are coming...then the members could print out the PM page...then present it at rickys...anyone without the printout gets charged 400 baht.....too easy

Hope you do it again Ricky....ill make sure it isnt a work day the next day for my missus, I reckon the last saturday or sunday of the month would be a good time to have a regular doocool.gif

Forget the Thai visa lot..lets just go down to RICK N ROLL and support one hard working guy,ive known rik for the last 6 years,and hes suported events that i and others have put on in PHUKET,Ithink now its pay back time,lets support him..rick put your events on thai visa every week and maybe youl get some more..Customers.. not the cheap charlies,ill certainly come over at least twice a week,why not make a rick n roll member card for your loyal customers,mostly expats,i think it would work for you,it has for the Fammily restaurant. Good luck RICK i will recomend you anytime,stay cool man/

Actually, The official count was thirteen (13) Thai Visa Members and some decided not to have the BBQ but still requested to have a free Beer... Thankfully I reopened the BBQ to the public and the walk in guests including those hot young girls and many other that actually out numbered the Thai Visa members by a large margin. We hosted a 6 piece Reggae Band and a 3 piece Blues/Rock Band so the night was not cheap and would have been a real experience for you all. Chainsaw & Fiddlehead got up on stage and shared the energy. I will continue to feature our LIVE MUSIC BBQs Mondays-Thursdays and tonight Saturdays. Oh Yea, Tonight more live music and lots of Great Food & Fun!

Actually, The official count was thirteen (13) Thai Visa Members and some decided not to have the BBQ but still requested to have a free Beer....

Rick , thanks , as usual you put on a great night, my 4th now and more to come.I saw how much extra time and money you put in so that the mob that you sponser on could have a great night, but lets be honest, what you say regards no shows and those who wanted free drink only...take a look at the <deleted> on forum leading up to the night and even a blind man could see the types of people you are dealing with...keep up the great nights and will improve outa sight..forget trying to please this bunch and you will succeed like you deserve.I hope that the organisers from the forum who put you through this have had the decency to appologise to you for the inconvenience and costs incurred by you in trying to satisfy them...somehow i think that that is wishful thinking on my part, but i do know that there care a t least a few decent people here and they have already done posted accordingly.

By all your kind responses I must say the night was not a lose at all... I did get the opportunity to meet most of you and I agree...There are still some decent & good people out there in TV forum land.

I will not hang my hat up as of yet and My Manager Ryan and I mutually agreed that we will push to have the Coconut Head Reggae band or an equally talented Band on every Saturday. Plus...We have officially made Saturday nights LADIES NIGHT! Last night was so nice not to have any sweaty hairy slobbering blokes... Nope, There were good guys and so many young single woman including a few mesmerizing classy ladies as well that made it a pleasure to host the entire night :) So Ladies, It's your Night... "Saturday Night Time is the Right Time to Rick N' Roll" !

Edited by ricknroll

bashing post deleted

In response... Yes, We will have Ladies night every Saturday Night along with our Awesome All you can Eat BBQ & Beer

Ladies... You get a Free Rick N' Roll Cocktail and shots to follow.

"Saturday Ladies Night Time... Is the Right Time... to Rick N' Roll"

Edited by ricknroll