Free Tv

dave111223

I bought a Samsung flat screen TV 32" from Tesco for around 15000 about 2 years or so ago. And had it on the wall at my shop.

We moved to a new location and it must have got banged in the move and when i turned it on again (about 4 months after the move) it's got a big crack down it (only visible when turned on) and only half the screen works.

I was pretty much ready to bin it but my wife decided she would call Samsung to see if it could be repaired. They said it would cost about 8000 to put a new screen in it, and would take 2 months to get the parts...so we though may as well do that seeing as a new one would cost at least 12000 or so.

Samsung then called a few weeks later saying that they no longer can get the replacement part to fix that TV, and instead they are bring a brand new replacement TV...for free...

Seems to good to be true? Anyone have a similar experience?

Knowing Thailand as I do, I would believe it when I see it and plugged it in and it worked and not before.

As they say, if something sounds too good to be true etc..........be interested to see how this ends up though ......best of luck.

Edited by CharlieH

What's the worst that can happen? Nothing :)

If you get a new TV say thank you, if you don't then don't.

I've had good dealings with Samsung whilst we were in Korea (OK it's their home turf), an aircon that was out of warranty caught fire (outdoor unit luckily) it was replaced with a new model and the balcony re-painted for free.

after 2 years,no warranty,I don't believe it.Don't hold your breath til it happens.

The screen's warranty is usually more than that of the TV unit. My Panasonic LCD TV's warranty is one year, but the screen's is about 2 yrs or more. Just like a washing machine. The unit usually has a one year warranty, but the motor's is usually five of more years.

• 4 weeks later...

Got my new free TV today! Pretty happy; newer/nicer than the old one, especially liking the USB input on the new one that allows me to play movies off a thumb drive.

It came new still packaged in the sealed box etc.. and they took the old one away no questions asked.

Score!

A lot of warranties on LCD type TVs now go up to three years, versus the usual 1 year on most products. Of course, this excludes certain types of obvisous damage caused by the customer; but if the TV manufacturer is willing to fix it/provide a replacement, all I can say is good deal...take the repair or replacement with a smile and a thank you (and never give them any reason to suspect damage caused by the customer...instead, the item just quite working properly through normal usage).