Washing Machine Hose

ricklev

I can't get this hose attached to the faucet without it leaking or being so loose it will leak with the slightest movement. The valve seems to be the valve that is usually used. Is this like the round electric plugs that fall out of the wall, a moronic system, or is it me?

post-3026-0-06676700-1298517702_thumb.jp

Yes, seems like a dopey system to me too. Perhaps born from the practice of most Thais putting the washing machine outside where it doesn't matter if it leaks all over the place.

The other problem you will find is that most Thai washing machines (top-loaders) don't have an integral water pump hence must be placed higher than the water outlet you use ... otherwise the water just sits there in the tub. Again this is ok if you have the machine outside and just drain the thing on the ground or into a sub-surface drain or even a Thai-style perpetually wet floor bathroom .. but if you want to have the system commonly used in Australia (for example) then you will drain it into a basin on pipe half way up the wall ... not possible. What gives? ... how much more for a little integral pump?

Its a real crappy system befitting of Thailand in my opinion. Most plumbing ive seen done here is cack, jubilee clips bits of wire holding on pipes all about as temporary as you can get.

Whats so hard about a male and female thread and some rubber washers for the washing machine hoses or veen some push fit fittings wth an o ring in them and as for those minging taps they put on the walls with a cheap red metal handle :bah:

Riclev.. It's not just you! Radial screws like that are certainly not as secure as a normal threaded on fitting. Did you check ALL of the fitting that came in the bag? They usually include an adapter for the machine that has a standard threaded fitting. I fitted our Samsung unit with the clunky radial screw hose and after I got done, found the right part which I had overlooked.

Riclev.. It's not just you! Radial screws like that are certainly not as secure as a normal threaded on fitting. Did you check ALL of the fitting that came in the bag? They usually include an adapter for the machine that has a standard threaded fitting. I fitted our Samsung unit with the clunky radial screw hose and after I got done, found the right part which I had overlooked.

Thanks, I'll try that. Finally had the condo "technician" attach it. After twenty minutes he got it on and its not leaking, but only after twice announcing his success only to see it spraying water out when I turned the valve on. He didn't think that was part of what his job was. In his mind attaching it to the valve was what I asked him to do, not attach it and check for leaks. OK he's an idiot, so am I at some things!

I am sorry if I am missing something but if it is a semi-permanent or permanent installation why don't you cut the hose and attach it to the spigot with a hose clamp? A 1/2 inch spigot should be small enough and with a little heat from a lighter will make the hose more pliable.

Edited by BuckarooBanzai