Hsbc Baht Denomination Accounts Hong Kong ?

Do any of you have exp. of owning / wiring to HSBC Baht Denomination Accounts Hong Kong ?

I heard they are good and it obviously avoids currency exchange fees for expats who want to wire and base their baht bank account offshore to Thailand.

Are the SWIFT fees high (fixed ascending etc ) IN and OUT ? I have a Bangkok Bank account in Thailand currently.

Are there any better Baht denomination accounts in Hong Kong ?

Edited by freedomnow

Don't know if this is any good , I have a hsbc accnt in HK , to open one, you need three requirements these days, a letter from your employer stating where you work, proof of where you reside in HK and your resident card, HK is no longer an off shore haven. :jap:

I've got a multi-currency account with HSBC HK and it includes the ability to store THB although I never use it, why would I. If you simply want a place to store THB then I suppose you stash your money there, but it's no good if you want to exchange another currency into THB because the bank will change it into HKD first, before changing it into THB, ditto for the reverse transaction.