Pool Maintenance Company In North Phuket?

simon43

Can anyone recommend a swimming pool maintenance company who can 'look after' my 9x5 meter hotel pool by the airport? Although the hotel handyman has been caring for it for several years, I am thinking that he has a colour blindness problem, since the pool water often looks a little 'queasy green', as opposed to 'beautiful blue'

My guy does test the pool regularly, but I'm not sure the actions he subsequntly takes to correct the color/Ph etc are the right ones!

I prefer to outsource the pool water care to a professional company.

Thanks for suggestions

Simon

I could do it but too far away as we mainly operate in the south of the island & is simply not cost effective unless we had a bunch of pools to do. Try the Pool Doctor on the road from 2 heroines monument to Cherng Talay, on the section where the road widens out. It will be worth your while to at least get a couple of quotes.

OK this sounds fine. I'll call The Pool Doctor and see if I can get a maintenance contract sorted out.

Simon

Are you not going to do what 'Valentine' said, and get a couple of quotes first?

No one has actually vouched for them!

Doesn't seem like a great way to run a business. Ask a forum, and then do whatever they say, without investigating first.

If it was me, I would personally visit 2 or 3 businesses. Then based on the prices, and the professionalism of the people I had met, throw in a bit of gut feeling, then make a decision. Then review the decision after they had done some work.

You must be raking it in up there!

Geez BTB, don't take what I write as gospel! I will check out the Pool Doctor and Paradise Pools - see what services they offer and what maintenance contracts they have.

I'm too lazy to write everything that you suggested, but that is what I'll do :)

Simon

Now I have another question for a separate post...

Geez BTB, don't take what I write as gospel! I will check out the Pool Doctor and Paradise Pools - see what services they offer and what maintenance contracts they have.

I'm too lazy to write everything that you suggested, but that is what I'll do :)

Simon

Now I have another question for a separate post...

Sorry mate. You made it sound like you had definately made your mind up, and were just about to hand over your bank details. Just seemed a bit funny, because no one had actually said that they were any good.

It's not a salt water pool and the hotel handyman guy has looked after it for the past 5 years since we opened. He manages the pool condition every day, but not well enough for my liking, and I want to employ a professional company to care for the pool, since it's one of the important hotel facilities.

This will also mean that the handyman has more time to do other things around the hotel that he is also not very good at... (yes, it's an option to get rid of him, but in general terms his work is acceptable and he is trustworthy, and a new staff member might not be so honest etc)

Simon

Try putting more chlorine in the pool, it might just fix the problem :)

Not much good if it's a salt water pool.

Really, you add salt to a saltwater pool to compensate for the salt water lost when flushing the filter.

You also check the element which turns salt into chlorine, to make sure its not clogged up and working properly :whistling: