Many Peopel Got Bad Skin?

gravion

hi, i notice lots of ppl from bkk got bad skins... especially females.

what do u think causes this? food and hot weather?

i everyday eat street foods, but i try not to eat those fried foods, but i think not everyones eats fried foods frequently, yet got bad skins....

bad skins meaning, lots of visible huge pores, color differentials, pimples... and whatever...

i also think these are caused by those dodgy make ups sold on the street?

but i do also notice so wealthy female got this problem as well...

do u reckon some might be the casualities of those skin care shops? i think starting price is like 150baht for facial treatment etc.

peeling...? sounds scary :jap:

also i did some research, and females tend to get those stain marks on their faces once they reach 30s, due to weakning of uterus or something.... but ofcourse they still look way younger than westerners though

Not sure it's any more than in other countries, but if it is it might be because of those whitening creams...

u have a point i think,these whitey thais have horrible skin but look at thais who dont use whitener on the face,more have beautiful dark skin

i think starting price is like 150baht for facial treatment etc.

Everyone needs a good facial once in a while. And I'm doing my part to sort out Thailand's bad skin problems. :rolleyes:

Edited by Payboy

Everyone needs a good facial once in a while. And I'm doing my part to sort out Thailand's bad skin problems. :rolleyes:

Jesus, you are even creepier than IanForbes

Jesus, you are even creepier than IanForbes

That a compliment? :rolleyes:

Not sure it's any more than in other countries, but if it is it might be because of those whitening creams...

u have a point i think,these whitey thais have horrible skin but look at thais who dont use whitener on the face,more have beautiful dark skin

That's incredibly bizarre logic. The Thais who would tend to use whitening creams would be the darker skin Thais. Lighter skin Thais wouldn't have the need, would they? Besides, this has nothing to do with whitening creams. If anything, Thais skin would be better than a typical westerner because they try and avoid the sun (which is incredibly harmful to the skin). It's more the diet, particularly western-style sweets that would increase the likelihood of acne and other skin conditions. But I don't believe Thais have any worse skin than anybody else, on average.

pollution - next topic

If so why don't i have a problem or most foreigners ? I think its genetically like someone else pointed out.

I agree.

I know that their skin is way more delicate than ours.

They scar very easily, much more than we do.

Also, my wife claims (bear in mind how dramatic Thais can be) that not only do they fear getting dark, but the sun actually hurts when it touches there skin.

Good, so I answered it and the topic can be closed.

??????

Quite ... Jeez ...

I've known at least two Thai women here whose skin problems (craters/pimples/discolouring) disappeared shortly after taking the contraceptive pill.

So it's NOT 'genetic', some are predisposed to hormonal imbalance. Same everywhere I guess.

Quite ... Jeez ...

I've known at least two Thai women here whose skin problems (craters/pimples/discolouring) disappeared shortly after taking the contraceptive pill.

So it's NOT 'genetic', some are predisposed to hormonal imbalance. Same everywhere I guess.

That is a very good point. I personally know two attractive Thai women who were married (to Thai men) a year ago. I have know them for about 5 years and they always had bad skin prior to getting married. Last November when I returned to Thailand I was pleased to see that their skin cleared up after marriage. I couldn't be happier for them.

And, despite gravion being a professional "troll", he DOES seem to stir up some interest.

Edited by IanForbes

It really is down to genetics. This skin problem is v rare in the West, but its pretty common here.

Having lived here a few years I no longer notice, but can remember when I first came here and was v suprised at the number of people with bad, lumpy skin.