Lawyer For Prenup Agreement

RichT

It depends which country you are coming from - I am disillusioned by the whole process being from the UK, but that may not be an issue for you. The UK will probably overrule the whole thing, so while Thailand respects it the UK will split the assets regardless, unless the duration of marriage has been very short. They are now even talking about non-married people who live together a long time having the same principle. see http://www.siam-legal.com/legal_services/thailand-prenuptial-agreement.php for example.

It depends which country you are coming from - I am disillusioned by the whole process being from the UK, but that may not be an issue for you. The UK will probably overrule the whole thing, so while Thailand respects it the UK will split the assets regardless, unless the duration of marriage has been very short. They are now even talking about non-married people who live together a long time having the same principle. see http://www.siam-lega...l-agreement.php for example.

A Thai prenuptial is directed at dealing with assets in Thailand on a divorce. UK courts will not seek to impose any jurisdiction over Thai assets. At least that is my understanding.

Don't rely on lay comments on a website. Get proper legal advice in both your home country and Thailand if you have significant assets to protect

If you get married and then get divorced, you get half and she gets half. That's fair enough isn't it?

That's petty much how it is viewed in almost any country these days; the only exception being perhaps Switzerland. One could spend more in legal fees trying to enforce a prenuptial agreement than the 50% of assets in the country of the contest.

I don't know about CM but we used Brian Wright in Bangkok;

USA-Immigration Law-Thailand

#160 Narathiwat Soi 8,

Narathiwatrachankharin Road,

Thungwatdon, Sathorn,

Bangkok 10120,

Thailand.

Tel: (662) 676-2223,

Fax: (662) 286-2245

Toll Free No: 888-235-8856

Email:

[email protected]

He has a set of docs made in both Thai and English. He knows a Thai lawyer I hired for sole her representation, or hire her an different one if you really want to. The agreement was stepped and did not prevent her from gaining an interest in my estate as the years go by and we stay togethr as a family. If nothing else, it's useful to screen out any gold-digging intentions if someone is aware that the other party may be capable of being very deceptive. ;) And that there is a disparity in assets.

EDIT to add; Communication level is fair at best. Review docs carefully for errors and omissions.

Edited by ding

If you get married and then get divorced, you get half and she gets half. That's fair enough isn't it?

Not if either party entered with nothing, no.

--

Op, have you considered not getting married? I sometimes wish I did. ;)

You can get one done, but what almost all Thai lawyers won't tell you is that they are not relevant under Thai law! There is no provision in Thai law for pre-nups!!! If you're going to take her home, take her home as a fiancée and then do the pre-nup in your home country before marriage. Thai law is pretty clear as to what a wife gets after marriage!