Opening A Bar In Chiang Mai

HansBlinkers

Met a very disgruntled pair of TV members last night who'd been scouring the Big C area for night life, and not finding any! Winnie, Gotlost, think a guided tour might be needed :)

David

If you were in the Dong area your not even close to where my 30 bars are.:lol:

Any more clues??? think of the Planet and save our gas riding around in circles cool.gif

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Met a very disgruntled pair of TV members last night who'd been scouring the Big C area for night life, and not finding any! Winnie, Gotlost, think a guided tour might be needed :)

David

Any more clues??? think of the Planet and save our gas riding around in circles cool.gif

OK one more time. Go out the 118 from CM. You city boys call it the Chaing Rai or Doi Saket highway. If you really want to start the tour start in back of Carrefour off the the 11 you only have about 24 bars in that area. Now for the other 30 plus go back out to the 118 and head towards Doi Saket keep your eyes open for Christmas lites. After you pass threw the 121 intersection or the 2nd rang road some places can look like the the national christmas tree at the White House. There is a small intersection going towards CM that's has 6 bars at it.

David

OK one more time. Go out the 118 from CM. You city boys call it the Chaing Rai or Doi Saket highway. If you really want to start the tour start in back of Carrefour off the the 11 you only have about 24 bars in that area. Now for the other 30 plus go back out to the 118 and head towards Doi Saket keep your eyes open for Christmas lites. After you pass threw the 121 intersection or the 2nd rang road some places can look like the the national christmas tree at the White House. There is a small intersection going towards CM that's has 6 bars at it.

Thanks - we try again and will report back! whistling.gif

David

Looked on the map - I thought we were discussing Hang Dong? if these bars are on the 118 they are the opposite side of town? confused blink.gif

David

Looked on the map - I thought we were discussing Hang Dong? if these bars are on the 118 they are the opposite side of town? confused blink.gif

Yes, Gotlost lives on the wrong side of town. The point is though that it doesn't matter, because these places are all over, on any major (but semi-rural) road into, out-of, and around Chiang Mai town.

But.. a guided tour, I can see that. I can easily fit 10 Thaivisa members in the back of a truck, then we go curb-crawling past all the ehm, venues. It'd be like a Night Safari, but better!

May I just note to everyone to ENJOY this current era where such places are apparenlty still a challenge to find? With information technology and social media still very much on the increase, 5 years from now we will think back fondly of the time when there actually was somewhat of a challenge.

5 years from now every little Christmas-light-lit-bamboo-shack will be on Foursquare, all the staff on Facebook. Where's the challenge then.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

David

Time to broaden ones horizons.:D

David

Yes, Gotlost lives on the wrong side of town. The point is though that it doesn't matter, because these places are all over, on any major (but semi-rural) road into, out-of, and around Chiang Mai town.

But.. a guided tour, I can see that. I can easily fit 10 Thaivisa members in the back of a truck, then we go curb-crawling past all the ehm, venues. It'd be like a Night Safari, but better!

May I just note to everyone to ENJOY this current era where such places are apparenlty still a challenge to find? With information technology and social media still very much on the increase, 5 years from now we will think back fondly of the time when there actually was somewhat of a challenge.

5 years from now every little Christmas-light-lit-bamboo-shack will be on Foursquare, all the staff on Facebook. Where's the challenge then.

Not just all over Chiang Mai but all over Thailand. Every back road and main highway. Small village to large town.:lol:

David

guided tour is a great idea :)

to be honest i think the best thing to do is forget the whole idea i have lived here for six years and i dont know one bar that has made any profit

at best covered costs yes the high season can bring in a few quid but its short and not reliable theres many things that chiang mai needs but another bar is not

one of them the only places that do ok are the ones owned by thais that pay a fair rent but thats something you will never get

invest and watch your takings and your savings go down faster than the old american at the end of the bar can drinks his beer slap a young girl on the ass arrange a price and be out

the door so think of something els before you turn into another old moaner complaining about the way it turned out we have plenty of them already thanks very much lol

but if you do decide to do something best of luck