Lifan Lf250B New

rmacdon61

I know the thread about Lifan played out a lot here, but everything is dated, 2009 stuff or earlier.

Bought a new 250B, thai manual, no options available at dealer, would not even throw in a helmet with purchase. The female sales person (good english) gave me a screen no charge much to the owner dislike.

No bags, no carrier but had a box, but no where to put it?

No info on different rims, tire size changes, even flat repair in a can? Have the cans in Canada, can't find here.

I am in Chiang Rai (bought in chiang mai)

Generally any info that is not dated would greatly help those buying, seems a popular bike in the farang world.

Thanks guys

BobM

I've forgotten where, but I found a number of places for the owner's manual in English by doing a simple search. I mentioned this on a thread that is recent.

In fact, if you looked here on Thai Visa, nothing you found could have been very dated about this model, since it has only been offered in Thailand during the last six months or so. Using search functions (google, say) should get you an owner's manual at least.

But I have not been able to find aftermarket mention here in Thailand for our bikes for anything! On advice of a friend, I got a windscreen from Kawasaki, the Boss model, and I like it. A double large Top Box I got from a local here, who arranged a custom welding for the top box carrier. I happened to have (ugly nylon) saddle bags that can be made to sit high enough to not require a protective frame to mount. No help, I realize, but so far as I know, Lifan is not peddling accessories yet (I hope someone tells us different!).

Hope you like your ride as much as I have so far.

Edited by PaulD

I got these saddlebags at Chiang Rai Saddlebags.

DSC_1029.JPG

They had a lot to choose from and the service was friendly and very good.

They are vinyl, Marty at the shop said leather doesnot fare well in the Thai climate unless you look after it diligently.

Mine have a hard plastic lining so they keep their shape and they clean easily with a wipe with a damp sponge.

This style didn't require meto move my rear indicators, plus it had the least bling out of all of the bags.

Very happy with them. They are big enough to hold an 8 pack of toilet paper (with a little bit of squishing)

If you find anywhere that does custom/aftermarket exhausts in CR please let me know. I less restrictive exhaust on my Phantom would be good.

I'd be interested in what you think of the Lifan 250.

Often wish my Phantom had an extra 50cc... :)

Rich

I got these saddlebags at Chiang Rai Saddlebags.

DSC_1029.JPG

They had a lot to choose from and the service was friendly and very good.

They are vinyl, Marty at the shop said leather doesnot fare well in the Thai climate unless you look after it diligently.

Mine have a hard plastic lining so they keep their shape and they clean easily with a wipe with a damp sponge.

This style didn't require meto move my rear indicators, plus it had the least bling out of all of the bags.

Very happy with them. They are big enough to hold an 8 pack of toilet paper (with a little bit of squishing)

If you find anywhere that does custom/aftermarket exhausts in CR please let me know. I less restrictive exhaust on my Phantom would be good.

I'd be interested in what you think of the Lifan 250.

Often wish my Phantom had an extra 50cc... :)

Rich

I have only had the bike for 4 days now and taking care to run it at various speeds, it seems to handle well, underpowered for weight but 200 baht for fuel, Chiang Mai to Chaing Rai OK.

I did buy bags from Chiang Rai Saddle Bags. Met Marty and wife, great people and will take him up on invite back to just yak. Lifan did supply a windscreen, not sure if factory or after market (seems after market). Price does not include anything else (helmet, bags or service in Chiang Rai). The female at the dealer threw in the screen much to owners disapproval. I can't complain tho as the next close bike "Keeway, SYM", V Twin 250 is 90,000 baht in Chiang Rai. Mae Lao Agriculter is the Lifan dealer in CR with 0 bikes, 0 mechanics and 0 service. Went there, really nice people, no english but try hard. Long story short, is a great looking bike, sounds alright, wife loves it (in her mind "a chopper"), I did get the wide handle bars and will take a slow run up to WaaWii around to Santikili and back to CR. Lots of hills and curves on that run and road not to bad a shape (last time I went).

post-122310-0-47061700-1299281819_thumb.

The Lifan 250 is priced at 82k here in Pattaya. Many colours available.

But unfortunately too small for me

It was priced at 78,000 and 1,200 for the wider bars installed. It is a mini-cruiser for sure, but at 6'2" I seem to fit OK and the wife can drive it (5 feet).

Did you happen to see any options for it in Pattaya? Wife wants a Sissy Bar, after I went and ordered the T-shirt that says "If you can read this, the B**** fell off" on the back! Go figure eh?

Would like better wheels and tires, exhaust and other toys :whistling:

Thanks

roban,

Where in Pattaya do they sell the Lifan 250??

Is it their own sales agent or something else..?

They sell the Bikes directly from the factory, where they are assembled.

82.000 includes all paperwork, plates etc.

Its located in a place called "Amata City Rayong Industrial Estate", many models/colurs available.

Left street side. You will see a factory building with Lifan Logo

http://maps.google.d...7,0.077162&z=14

Edited by roban

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

From a delightful young lass I met on the subway, with a LiFan handbag! So I asked her where

She sent me a email reply

" I asked my cousin and he said that the showroom is located at Rama2, opposite to Central Rama2. The Soi is called "soi Tha-Karm." The showroom is on the right about 1 km deep into the soi.

Lifan office phone number is 026912986 Lifan website is www.lifanthai.com "

From a delightful young lass I met on the subway, with a LiFan handbag! So I asked her where

She sent me a email reply

" I asked my cousin and he said that the showroom is located at Rama2, opposite to Central Rama2. The Soi is called "soi Tha-Karm." The showroom is on the right about 1 km deep into the soi.

Lifan office phone number is 026912986 Lifan website is www.lifanthai.com "

The Lifan Thailand website is incorrect, the Thai Lifan website is http://www.lifanthailand.com/ And the telephone number for Lifan Thailand is 0-2895-4754. Basically, it's easier to visit the Lifan Thailand contact page http://www.lifanthailand.com/contact-us.html for the address

Edited by Richard-BKK

• 1 month later...

Saw the 'bike in Udon last weekend, at the motorbike shop down from the Mazda car dealer - the Mazda that used to sell truck and now sells cars heading in direction of Nong Kai. Nice bike, only in black, no saddle bags, no sissy bar, the sissy bar I really want,

Saw the 'bike in Udon last weekend, at the motorbike shop down from the Mazda car dealer - the Mazda that used to sell truck and now sells cars heading in direction of Nong Kai. Nice bike, only in black, no saddle bags, no sissy bar, the sissy bar I really want,

Is that the Mazda dealer just down from the Nong Khai Rd-Ring Rd intersection?

I have scoured Udon previously ,but only found a couple of Tuk Tuk dealers that carried the shoddy looking 100cc honda wave lookalike.

I have only had the bike for 4 days now and taking care to run it at various speeds, it seems to handle well, underpowered for weight but 200 baht for fuel, Chiang Mai to Chaing Rai OK.

What the Lifan like on the highway. I'm interested in how fast you can "comfortably" ride it on the highway. 110kph? 120?

<br />
<br />Saw the 'bike in Udon last weekend, at the motorbike shop down from the Mazda car dealer - the Mazda that used to sell truck and now sells cars heading in direction of Nong Kai.  Nice bike, only in black, no saddle bags, no sissy bar, the sissy bar I really want,<br />
<br /><br />Is that the Mazda dealer just down from the Nong Khai Rd-Ring Rd intersection?<br /><br />I have scoured Udon previously ,but only found a couple of Tuk Tuk dealers that carried the shoddy looking 100cc honda wave lookalike.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I think so, the shop was on the same side as Mazda,closer to town, before a very big honda bike showroom on same side.

The LiFan was out the front, along with those little m/bikes.

It's a sister shop to one that is over between MacDonalds and Macro/

Sorry - not a local in Udon but live 120 kms away!

Wife said shop called Mot Dang - your description of where the Mazda is the same as hers, down from the ring road. Coming from Home Pro on ring road turn left to Mazda, a few 100 metres or maybe 500 past it. before the Honda Bike show room

Wife said shop called Mot Dang - your description of where the Mazda is the same as hers, down from the ring road. Coming from Home Pro on ring road turn left to Mazda, a few 100 metres or maybe 500 past it. before the Honda Bike show room

Thanks mate, I will check it out when we go to Udon on Wednesday.

I didn't know how many Mot Dangs there are, there is one in Sawang Daen Din as well, they have the Lifan 200 there, not the 250 but I can order. Like others I asked if I can get bags and sissy bar, nope! Pity and very odd as the good looking but way under power Ryoko 125 cruiser has both! If you find any Mot Dang in Udon they'll give directions. I hadn't noticed before but the Mot Dang logo is not Thai script but DUH STOOPID ME a Red Ant (DUH DUH DUH) Good luck - oh - one colour only, black!

Saddlebags which come with some budget cruisers are often not from the quality you would like them to be. It's better you invest a big more and buy some good quality bags...

http://www.crsaddlebags.com/ has a good collection of saddlebags also the location of the shop can be a good excuse to take your motorcycle for a weekend touring...

It's similar as I got once a toolkit free with one of my motorcycles, I remember me saying “that is cool”, but cool was quickly gone when I actually needed tools and found out that the metal of the Phillips screwdriver was softer than the average screw...

Edited by Richard-BKK

I didn't know how many Mot Dangs there are, there is one in Sawang Daen Din as well, they have the Lifan 200 there, not the 250 but I can order. Like others I asked if I can get bags and sissy bar, nope! Pity and very odd as the good looking but way under power Ryoko 125 cruiser has both! If you find any Mot Dang in Udon they'll give directions. I hadn't noticed before but the Mot Dang logo is not Thai script but DUH STOOPID ME a Red Ant (DUH DUH DUH) Good luck - oh - one colour only, black!

Yesterdays man is me, Udon shop sold their stock 250 yesterday, girl checked Nong Khai who also unloaded their one and only yesterday as well. Was quoted from price list 79k inclusive on road .