Visa Application Process

So i have just done a uk tourist visa for my g/f soon to be my wife.

Will be hoping to go to the uk only for a few weeks holidays.

Just wandering if any other members have done this then they will know the actual process of them letting her know if she as been successful

First of she gets a email of VFS saying

1 Your visa application reference number @@@@@@@@@ 1 has been dispatched to the British Embassy ETC

2. Your Visa application reference number @@@@@@@@@ is now being processed by the British Embassy

3. Your processed visa application reference no @@@@@@@@ 1 being dispatched to you via GDA ????? Via email and text

So what does this actually mean ???

Any info of other TV members would be very grateful

I'm not an expert, but I have been through a visa application for a 10-year visa for my wife quite recently.

Firstly, you can monitor the progress of the application using the VFS website tracking facility LINK

Within a short time of submitting the application it is sent to the embassy for processing. At the moment they are turning non-settlement applications around in about 15 days (according to their website) so you won't have to wait long for a decision.

Once the decision is made, your g/f will be notified by email, text message, etc (whichever she specified when she applied).

The passport will be returned by secure parcel service (I am assuming GDA is the parcel service) if she paid the extra fee for the service.

If she didn't pay for the parcel service she will have to collect it from VFS or from their agent. In our case the agent was in Sri Ratcha, so it was convenient for us to collect it there.

Best of luck.

My g/f just got her notice of acceptance through. I started looking on their web site after around 5to6 days. I kept getting an error notice coming up. I think is was on about the 15th day that i actually got the acceptance, to say we could go and pick up her Passport. She got the sms a day later. We done a lot of research into the application and felt rather good when it was all sorted. Good Luck :D

jb1

For privacy reasons passports are returned to VFS in sealed packages, so they do not know the result of the application.

The message

Your processed visa application reference no @@@@@@@@ 1 being dispatched to you via GDA
means what it says. She wont know the result until she receives the package and opens it.

Had a phone call on Sunday to say it had arrived and was ready to be picked up.

All clear ..visa was approved rolleyes.gif all in less than 7 days rolleyes.gif

So will be heading for Sunny wales in the next few weeks !!

We done ours on Thursaday , they phoned me up to day to ask for a copy of my Thai bank passbook . I gave them a full statement printed and signed at the bank , but they said they don't want that , they want the passbook only???

We done ours on Thursaday , they phoned me up to day to ask for a copy of my Thai bank passbook . I gave them a full statement printed and signed at the bank , but they said they don't want that , they want the passbook only???

am about to apply next week and had arranged for letters from the banks, does this mean that they wont take them and i need to leave the bank passbooks or just that they want to see the passbook and that i can leave them photocopies?