Retirement In Khaoyai

Retirement Destination  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

just that my thai friend is proposing me a house to purchase so I am wondering whether it's a good place to live after retirement.. apart of that, it's leasehold with no title deed, but they said no need to worry about it as it's much cheaper!

1) relatively isolated

2) You have to see the Chanote -- AND get the long-term lease (30 years -- or usufruct) registered at the land-office.

3) I would be looking on the other side -- Nakhon Nayok provice, since the province itself is protected from heavy industry.

just that my thai friend is proposing me a house to purchase so I am wondering whether it's a good place to live after retirement.. apart of that, it's leasehold with no title deed, but they said no need to worry about it as it's much cheaper!

Wow...run, don't walk from this deal. As you probably know, foreigners can not own land. Period. Sure, they are ways around this...but they are kinda shakey. And no title deed brings up all kinds of red flags. There's been lots of problems with deeds in this area, with homeowners losing their properties.

Have you ever been there? Have you lived in Thailand before? If not, I highly recommend you rent there for a year before deciding to purchase. If you are not happy with the home after your purchase, getting rid of it could be a problem.

Khao Yai is a beautiful place. But can get fairly cold, is quite touristy, and doesn't have a lot of expat facilities....if that even interests you.

As a second home? Great, as long as you have somebody living there full time and watching it for you...can't imagine ever leaving it empty....which is true for houses in most of Thailand! :(

But it is for sure a very, very beautiful area...and being built up rapidly...

thank you for your reply. I was not sure as well.. but they sait they are going to make it us compound for expats so that sounds interest me.. but again, seem it's quite distanced and not sure about the title-deed issue.

thank you for your reply. I was not sure as well.. but they sait they are going to make it us compound for expats so that sounds interest me.. but again, seem it's quite distanced and not sure about the title-deed issue.

"Compound for expats" : That'll take about 15 years to fill up, then. In the meantime, you'll be on your lonesome.

Nice place for a holiday, but wouldn't live there. Pakchong, for me, falls in the "desperate" category of towns in this country. And, as one other poster suggests, you'll have a hard, hard job to try and sell something there.