Battery Tester

seefah

In the UK the packaging Duracell batteries came in incorporated a battery tester strip to test the amount of power in batteries, later they incorporated it directly into their battery sleeves. I've been looking for something similar but can't find anything, not even a consumer type battery tester. Is there anything available short of getting a cheap multimeter?

I'm familiar with what you are talking about. They also have them in the US. I haven't seen anything like that here in Thailand.

A real battery tester will put a load on the battery to test them, like the Duracell testers.

A cheap multimeter won't do this and will give you some poor results in determining if a battery is good or not.

Good luck!

How much is a battery :whistling:

Its not about the cost of replacing batteries.

I have a box full of used, partly used and some not used at all batteries, obliviously put into the box by the kids, as is the case when there are several toys that require new batteries every so often. Its also a good aid for explaining to kids about power usage so they can understand more about how things work and even to a certain extent safety when dealing with higher levels of power, money value for replacing batteries, waste and recycling, all concepts that go beyond just saying how much is a new battery. Some batteries that are not powerful enough for some tasks might be okay for a while more reused in remote controls, like air con or TV.

If anyone does come across the type of battery tester I am looking for, or something else, please let me know.

Try the Dealextreme website.

There is loads of good stuff on there, including several battery power level testers, just what you need.

3 or 4 US Dollars, including free shipping from Hong Kong, might take a couple of weeks, but I have always had good service from them. :D