Park Hotel Bangkok

Bob Karl

I have a friend coming in and doesn't want to book online unless he's sure the Park Hotel on Suk Soi 7 don't charge for guests. Anyone know>?

I stayed at the Park on Soi 7 several years ago. I was not charged for overnight visitors and never had a hassle when I brought a visitor with me.

Stayed at the Park Hotel for some time. I never had a problem bringing back guests - however, I never went to the front desk and asked for my key.

I was also booked as a single.

My suggestion would be to do as I (and others did): remove the room key from the room number plate. Leave the plate attached to electricity control switch in the room (thus running the aircon while you're gone, to ensure coming back to a cool room), and put the key into your pocket.

When you return to the hotel, just go upstairs. They won't bother with you.

Edited by dr_Pat_Pong

One note about the Park.

As I said, I stayed there for an extended period. Beginning in June and extending to when I left in August, the arab population in the hotel increased dramatically.

Let me say that I don't mind arabs in-and-of-themselves.

However, these particular arabs consistently:

-travelled in large groups

-packed lots of people into single rooms

-brought lots of children

-said children ran up and down the hallway banging on the doors to rooms associated with their group

-talked very loudly, and blasted the TV until 2am

-the children didn't go to sleep until very late either, meaning the door banging continued late into the night

And there's not much the front desk will (or can) do about it. The girl at the front was commiserating with me about what a pain they were, and said they had recieved a lot of complaints, but that the arabs just wouldn't behave. (She kept emphasizing 'arab' in this conversation).

At one point, one of the guys in the room next to me (where there were at least 4 men having a loud, endless conversation) decided to make a phone call. Too loud to do so in his own room, so he came out and stood in front of my door and yelled into his phone.

That was at 2am. I came outside and asked him to keep it down. He did actually go back into his room

Edited by dr_Pat_Pong

It was always considered as a sort of lounge extension of the german beer bar just across the soi but maybe it has gone up market since then...rather doubt it somehow. :o

Always remember this lady in around ....92 who.......naw forget it... thats history.....nice hotel. :D