Wall Repair / Filling - Any Special Wall Putty For Big Hole/Crack ?

frenchfarangjomtien

Hi,

Has anybody ever repaired a wall here by using Acrylic Putty ?

Homepro has different kinds from 125 tb to 400 for 1 kg, and they said that the 400 thb is better for bigger holes/cracks, because it is supposed to be thicker...

Do you believe that there is any difference between 125 ad 400 wall putty except the brand ?

And when the crack/hole is deeper than 1 cm, should you put something else inside to fill it or Wall putty is enough ?

Thanks for help !

Buy gypsum "mud " powder or premix.( same stuff they use for taping between sheets)..Get yourself a little bit of gypsum sheet put it in the backside of the hole (as a patch)smothered in gypsum mud on inner surface)hold in place with a bit of wire ( hole on the middle and a bit of wood or something front side to locate)...once in place and "gone off" fill gap/depression with more gypsum mud... level with surface...sand later if you used too much...easy peezy...may have to repeat a few times if deep and get cracks ...

Acrylic Putty is acrylic putty....125 THB one will be ok....Acrylic once set has a degree of flexibility....filling 10mm deep hole is ok...once filled put a piece of brown packing tape over the repair to "flatten" into the existing surface...less work later "flattening" it before painting

The repair talked about by "david006" is for Gypsum wall board, amusing you are talking about a brick/concrete wall correct ?....therefore this repair is not applicable

Acrylic Putty is acrylic putty....125 THB one will be ok....Acrylic once set has a degree of flexibility....filling 10mm deep hole is ok...once filled put a piece of brown packing tape over the repair to "flatten" into the existing surface...less work later "flattening" it before painting

The repair talked about by "david006" is for Gypsum wall board, amusing you are talking about a brick/concrete wall correct ?....therefore this repair is not applicable

Lol..yes forgot what country I was in...dam_n that Archer.......but hey it works for ceilings though...

If the OP has cavity bricks in his wall will need to stuff the back of hole somehow anyways...use of a plastic/steel flexible plaster "scraper" will mostly alleviate the need for bits o' tape ..a good bit of course wet and dry makes short work of acrylic filler anyways.

I was going round filling odd little cracks and nail holes the other week...run out of my little tub of acrylic filler...mixed some gypsum powder with acrylic primer to a paste and finished the job..

Hi,

Yes, this is concrete on a wall, so can you confirm that i can use putty ?

And I shouldn't put something inside to fill the hole ? Only putty ?

Thanks a lot !

Yes you can use putty but as per my other post if there is a cavity behind stuff it with something or hold a piece of backing in place somehow..otherwise you will still be there next christmas with a hole and lots of empty tubs of filler..good luck

Another option might be to use tube acrylic filler from a caulking gun and gradually build up from the edges of the hole..maybe wet it(the hole) a bit first?

When you say cracks in the wall are they minor rendering cracks? Do they run horizontal or vertical or both? if you have a picture or 2 you can get the best results in the diy forum.

If they are gaping structural cracks much more than acrylic putty will be needed.

Once again, I'll say that I really like the TOA acrylic filler (1 gal) that I bought (forget the price) some time ago and still using for cracks/holes in prep for painting or just to fix up. If it's a large hole, I fill in about 1cm at a time until it comes to the level and then paint over it or just leave it in it's white state. For me, it's been good stuff.