How Much For A Month?

finy

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

It would be nice if someone could give me individual prices for some things mentioned like room, bike etc

I know someone mentioned 10,000 for the basic room, bike and gym in Chiang Mai with the additional food which is very informative.

I know you can spend as much as you want but as long as I have the basics covered I can bring extra for the drinking etc not that I drink much anyway.

The first few months ill be boxing anyway so the camp will have an all in one price.

I forgot to mention that I want to take a language course (paid separately) as well as gym/pool etc so I dont plan to spend all day in my room.

I wont eat any western food either as I eat mostly Asian food at home. But your right. I will book a hotel and look around for a place to stay.

Cheers

CM

Emporium residence in Santhitham road costs 5k bht a month (minimum 1 month) + utils (500-2000bht depending on how much you use aircon)

Air-con, fan, en suite, cable Tv, free wi-fi, fridge, double bed, table and chairs, balcony and sink.

YMCA 200yds down the road, Thai course 2000bht for 6 weeks @ 3 mornings a week

Very young university area of town with many bars and hot chicks.

these bars and hott chicks are budget busters :lol:

I have been here in BKK almost 1 month to the day.

I am living on a month to month basis as I don't like long contracts as I get bored too easily - from experience, this is your first problem, lots of places you see on the internet dont like 1 month rental - but you can find them. I dont like to like in a studio myself - like separate living area, so I was looking for 1 bed, 1 month - I got a place for 15,000 inc all bils so aircon is on all the time, plus 1 month deposit - you could get this place for 9,000 if you signed for 12 months. It comes with big shared pool, gym, sauna but is in OnNut which is far end of skytrain.

not sure about bikes - i prefer to stay off the roads in bangkok if i can.

skytrain - think i spend 700b on a card which gives me 30 trips for 23b a trip

internet 600b for 30 days

food - i buy some stuff from the supermarket but eat out every day as well - have eaten farang food and taken girls out for dinner as well so nicer places maybe 4 times in a month.

beer - go out drinking 2 or 3 times a week

maybe 10 taxis used so far in almost 1 month

had a lot of massages.

bought 4 t-shirts and a mobile phone for 550b (yeah, its a beauty of a phone!)

thai lessons - i paid 10,000 for 40 hours of private lessons - the teacher is pretty good, and at 240b an hour its a bargain for private

I put 70,000 in my thai bank account when i arrived - i still have 9000 left in cash, 15,000 deposit hopefully coming back to me and not forgetting i spent 10,000 on thai lessons.

cost for 1 month

46,000b

This is all very subjective, but I would say that you want to be able to, have a good standard of living, be content and enjoy your time here, without having to scrimp to save a few Baht here and there.

So I would say that you should set yourself a budget of 100k per month and then once you are here for a while you can adjust as required.

It would be nice if someone could give me individual prices for some things mentioned like room, bike etc

I know someone mentioned 10,000 for the basic room, bike and gym in Chiang Mai with the additional food which is very informative.

I know you can spend as much as you want but as long as I have the basics covered I can bring extra for the drinking etc not that I drink much anyway.

The first few months ill be boxing anyway so the camp will have an all in one price.

I forgot to mention that I want to take a language course (paid separately) as well as gym/pool etc so I dont plan to spend all day in my room.

I wont eat any western food either as I eat mostly Asian food at home. But your right. I will book a hotel and look around for a place to stay.

Cheers

Am I begining to smell TROLL :annoyed:

jb1

finy

From what you described you should be fine on 30-40k. Many farangs live out here quite comfortably on that despite having partners to support and going out regularly. You probably would not want a bike in Bangkok.

You will not need 70k

To say you wont need 70,000 a month all depends on how theop wants to live not on need. You can live here no problem on 10,000 a month orlike me spend 150,000 up but then I have 2 children with all school fees, tripsto home country satellite TV 2 cars and so on. If your single and happy to livein a small but good condo to live quite without a car or to many luxuries wellyou probably need about 50,000 a month probably broken down as follows.

Rent for small studio condo with air con well furnished ingood location where block has a pool fitness room and all normal amenitiesaround 8-10,000 per month

Electricity, internet and satellite TV will be anything from around 1,500 – 3,000depending on how much you need the aircon.

If you eat out a lot then that will depend totally onweather you are happy with Thai food which is wonderful but most forangs docrave for western food at least sometimes. So good quality eating (not basicnoodle soup) will be between 300 baht and 1,000 baht a day so around 4,000 –30,000 a month. Less if your not a big meat eater but not including wine orbeer.

IF you like wine or drink a lot you'll need to budget atleast 300 baht a day for say 3-4 decent beers or ½ bottle of wine. So that willeat around 4,000-10,000 a month.

If your happy with a motorbike then budget around 2000-3000a month. For a reasonable car you can more than double that.

Then biggest expense is entertainment which can be justaround 2,000 a month to sky is limit.

So I think basic reasonable western type standard of livingwill be at least 25,000 a month but hardly doing much at all. If you want toenjoy yourself and not live like a hermit you should at least double that to50,000 a month and that would not include holidays here or abroad.

You could try reading his OP. He stated quite clearly what he is looking for.

He will not need 70k

in BKK he will need 70000 unless he lives a long way from centre does little and lives like a hermit In Ching mai 70,000 will be plenty providing his entertainment is limited

Hmmm I struggle at 250 000 baht/month dam_n wife and kids :annoyed:

Get yourself a biling....triling.....multilingual gardener and that money will be worth something in the region of 450.000!!

? lost me there.

Money must burn a big huge hole in your pocket hey SP.., 250.000 baht a month ...

Get yourself a biling....triling.....multilingual gardener and that money will be worth something in the region of 450.000!!

? lost me there.

a multilingual gardener only is not a solution. you also need a multilingual cook and a multilingual housemaid. as far as the driver is concerned one has to make concessions and accept broken english combined with sign language and facial expressions.

:jap:

- a basic studio apartment

8k or so, inc. bills, internet and pool.

- bike rental or buy second hand

Buy a 2nd hand CBR150. Perfect for BKK. 35k or so. Add a few 100b for gas p/w.

- thai resturant meals

Under 150b per day for lunch and dinner.

- gym membership

Dunno. Few 1000b per month.

- laundry

1-200b p/w.

- out drinking every few weeks

A lot of western bars have 100b pint specials. Maybe allow for 1000b+ for a night out.

- swimming pool membership

Thai Japan youth center has an olympic pool for 40b per year and 15b per use at the beginning of Viphawadee-Rangsit. Or get a condo with a pool in it. Many around the 7-8k price have them.

These prices are for BKK.

Edited by appropriate

? lost me there.

a multilingual gardener only is not a solution. you also need a multilingual cook and a multilingual housemaid. as far as the driver is concerned one has to make concessions and accept broken english combined with sign language and facial expressions.

I still don't get it?

[

? lost me there.

I still don't get it?

Don't worry about it, it's just an attempt at humour by some of the intellectually challenged members

B)

Cheers

Chiang Mai

Imho the best place to train Muay Thai is

http://www.muaysangha.com/

Fees are 8,000 per month for around 6hrs a day training, 5 days a week

Thai Language study varies in price but Thai Visa sponsors Walen for instance charge around 10,000 for 60hrs study, so if you aim on studying about 30hrs a month that's 5,000 a month.

With the Muay Thai training, Thai language study & homework your be to knackered to spend a great deal on nightlife but lets factor in two evenings a week out partying at 1,000 per night / 8,000 per month

A decent apartment in town with internet and utility bills will set you back around 10,000 a month

Food - if your eating Thai food most of the time, Western food once or twice a week I'd budget at around 200/300 a day lets say 250 a day 7,500 a month.

Not sure about motorbike rental, 3,000 a month? or your can rely on the songtaews to get you around town and out of town if needed.

Add a little money for any other spending you may require

and 45,000 to 50,000 would give you a nice life in Chiang Mai.

Same as what anonymouse said. Had a month in Chiang Mai last year. Spent about £850.

Stayed in guest house, ate mostly western food. guzzled a couple of beers most nights.

Kept away from the girlys and traveled around a bit.

How it hanging Mister Mouse? Hope your well.

Hows life in the Mai?

if you rent a room on soi 6 you will need 7 000 000 per month

I used to live on Soi 1, right on Sukhumvit Road. Nice room, cable TV, air-con ==> 5,000 baht a month.

Maybe it's my good looks that is getting me the cheaper rent prices :whistling:

Simon

if you rent a room on soi 6 you will need 7 000 000 per month

I used to live on Soi 1, right on Sukhumvit Road. Nice room, cable TV, air-con ==> 5,000 baht a month.

Maybe it's my good looks that is getting me the cheaper rent prices :whistling:

Simon

I don't believe you understood the meaning of his post.