Buy Cast Iron Fry Pan In Pattaya

FarangBuddha

Over the past week, I have been looking for a traditional cast-iron fry pan in Pattaya. None of the department stores and housewares stores had any. Bunches of thin Thai skillets and fry-pans and some expensive imported aluminum and copper pots and pans but nothing made of case-iron. Finally I did find exactly what I was looking for, a pre-seasoned American brand cast-iron pan...for B 2000 (US$ 60)! The exact same pot, here shown on Amazon http://www.amazon.co.../ref=pd_sim_b_4, costs about B 500 :blink:

I guess I will have to bite the bullet and pay it as it's certainly cheaper than an airfare back home but this one does hurt a bit at 4x the "home" price. The upside is that the pan will last my lifetime and beyond :)

okok....we have it soon!

the sample hgas arrived and undergoes heavy testing. So far it has not exploded and - au contraire - produces excellent results.

I am waiting now for the final costs for the pan and packaging etc, but it looks like we can offer it for about 1,000 Baht.

3.7 kg, 30 cm diameter.

We are also about to become sponsor for this sub forum, so this is not spam B)

This is the case with any decent "farang" item. Recently I was looking for water bottles for

my kids. The thermos type stainless steel cost about 2400 baht at Central (did not see them

anywhere else). Amazon had them for $15 USD. Lucky for me a buddy from the US was on

his way to pattaya anyway and was able to bring me a few of them ...

Cheers,

rudi

Yes, $15 (500B) from Amazon.com.... add $72 in shipping and handling and $34 import fee deposit for a total of $120 (3,600B).

post-1539-0-45532900-1299734759_thumb.pn

And don't forget, if you order another $10 in stuff, the shipping [domestic] is free (even for a HEAVY cast-iron pan)...somethings I really do miss about being "back home" but many more things I don't :D

Ace Hardware/Tru Value/haefle on Sukhumvit have Lodge cast iron products.

Thanks for the heads-up on Ace...I had forgotten to check there. They do have the Lodge Logic fry-pans and other stuff, and while not any cheaper, they did have several sizes so I was able to pick up one of the smaller 10" models for "only" B 1200 :unsure:

Interesting that the lids, at around B 2000, cost more than the pans themselves...go figure?

Okay...now I'm stoked...who sells the best pork-chops and steaks in town :D