1 Year Visa

I have recently applied and submitted all the required documents for my application of a 1 year married visa at the immigration Division 1 office in Chaengwattana, today I went back to see the officer as stated on the blue slip of paper, and received a Non O immigrant visa for 90 days, but still have not received the 1 year visa, a piece of paper was attached below stating you are permited to stay for 90 days, it also states 30 days before this visa expires please present the required new documents to support your application for a 1 year visa.

Has anyone else received this recently? And what happened. What new documents do they require. Or is this a standard thing, not to be concerned or worried about.

As all the immigration officer said here your passport, please read the notice, but did not mention what I have to do next or what new documents if any I need to produce.

Any information regarding this would be helpful.

Or will they issue the 1 year Visa on my return visit? Is it necessary to bring my wife with me on the return trip back to Chaengwattana.

Did you have a non immigrant visa entry? Or was your first visit to submit a TM86/87 costing 2,000 baht to obtain that? That would account for the 90 day entry you now seem to have. When that gets down to 30 days or less you would visit with a TM.7 form and 1,900 baht and financials/copies/photos and such to obtain a one year extension of stay.

This was my first submission of the TM.86 or 87 costing 2000 Baht. So you mean there will be an additional charge of 1900 Baht 30 days prior to my visa running out.

Before I did have an extension for 1 year in Korat, because I was married, they stamped two red stamps one saying my application is under consideration and the the next time I went it said has permission to stay (for 1 year giving the date till), still had to do the 90 day reporting.

Is it worth while driving back to ask them about this, or do I just turn up 30 days before hand with the wife. And see what happens.

Having no clue what additional or new paper work they need is playing on my mind. Thanks for the reply it has been helpful

It appears that you have you have just upgraded to a Non Imm Visa.

Within the final 30 days you have to return and apply for a 12 month extension based on marriage. 1,900 Baht fee.

Documents needed. No idea what you provided before.

Marriage Cerificate. Marriage register entry.

Wife's ID Card and house book.

Evidence of financial proof. Letter from Embassy if using income. Letter from bank if using savings. Up to date bank book.

Photos of you and Wife in an around the house.

Map showing the way to your house.

Take your Wife to be interviewed and sign a statement.

Passport.

Copies of everything.

Passport size photos. 1,900 Baht fee.

So it sounds like a further fee maybe required? I have already supplied and submitted all the required documents letters from my Embassy photos, prove of income etc etc, so they have that already, my wife did not sign any statement, just signed her papers id, house book, photos etc. I did not supply a map of my address as they did not ask me for that.

Does this mean I need new documents from my Embassy? (Hope Not as each letter has a fee in excess of 2000 Baht)

Is it worth popping back to ask the officer? or just turn up 30 days prior?

Many thanks everyone who have replied.

Before I was on a Tourist visa as I was divorced from my previous Thai wife in Korat.

Yes you will need new financial documents at further cost. You will then have the under review of 30 days before the final extension of stay is stamped. You will then need a re-entry permit for any possible travel so usually a good idea to get at least a single entry immediately after getting that final extension of stay stamp (at another 1,000 baht cost).

Don't forget if using bank deposit it must remain at or above 400k until after the extension of stay request.

You were on a tourist visa and converted that to a non immigrant visa for 2000baht, as litebeer and lopburi have both said you will have to then allply with 30 days left on your current permission to stay, for a one year extension of stay based on supporting Thai wife, for 1900 baht.

So it sounds like a further fee maybe required? I have already supplied and submitted all the required documents letters from my Embassy photos, prove of income etc etc, so they have that already, my wife did not sign any statement, just signed her papers id, house book, photos etc. I did not supply a map of my address as they did not ask me for that.

Does this mean I need new documents from my Embassy? (Hope Not as each letter has a fee in excess of 2000 Baht)

Is it worth popping back to ask the officer? or just turn up 30 days prior?

Many thanks everyone who have replied.

Before I was on a Tourist visa as I was divorced from my previous Thai wife in Korat.

Lite Beer has given you all the info in his post above......oops tooo slow - others beat me to it

Edited by mxyzptlk

Many thanks everyone rolleyes.gif, so it seems more money needs to be spent!

Hopefully this does not require another trip to my Embassy to get new letters, Or does it?

Well will try and forget about this visa stuff today, as need to try and pass my multiple choice computerized driving test exam. Which I failed yesterday. Some crazy questions in that, thats for sure, and not very well written nor translated into English from Thai, plus those diagrams are very confusing.

Fingers crossed.

Ho Hum, jap.gif

Yes you will need new financial documents at further cost.

If the embassy letter is for income proof yes you will need another - what is now in there file was for the conversion. New paperwork is required each time.

You provided evidence that you had the financial requirements when applying for the upgrade.

During the next couple of months your circumstances could have changed and they need fresh evidence.

Always worth asking them if they need another Embassy letter though. You never know.

Thanks Lite Beer,

I think I will pop down and have a quick chat again with the officer, just to make sure what new paper is actually required, although they gave me 90 days I have to submit the new application next month, leaving 30 days on my current visa, so maybe and I say maybe some of the documents from the Embassy may hopefully not be required. I will ask, as it is an additional cost and half a day taking time to do this.

Some good news today, I did pass this driving exam, and now have 2 five year driving licenses (car and bike) cost of renewing them 1060 Baht.