November 5th

Mister Fixit

Guy Fawkes was hanged, drawn and quartered for attempting to blow up Parliament with barrels of gunpowder under the House of Lords back in 1607. For some odd reason, the British celebrate his capture on Nov 5th with fireworks and bonfires.

As a Brit in BKK, can anyone tell me if there is anywhere which does a Bonfire Night party this November 5th? 

If there is more than one, does anyone have any recommendation as to the best?

What's a Bonfire night?

:o

http://www.bonefire.org/guy/

http://www.guy-fawkes.com/

But then, your sig says it all, eh? :D

Guy Fawkes was hanged, drawn and quartered for attempting to blow up Parliament with barrels of gunpowder under the House of Lords back in 1607. For some odd reason, the British celebrate his capture on Nov 5th with fireworks and bonfires.

Well done for using the correct version of 'hang'. Most people would have said 'hung, drawn ... etc'. :o

As a Brit in BKK, can anyone tell me if there is anywhere which does a Bonfire Night party this November 5th? 

Might try contacting the British embassy, they might have some info.

Might try contacting the British embassy, they might have some info.

Good idea. maybe something on their website ...

Well done for using the correct version of 'hang'. Most people would have said 'hung, drawn ... etc'. :o

Thanks! One of my pet peeves is the misuse of the word "hanged". That and "impact". :D

Well done for using the correct version of 'hang'. Most people would have said 'hung, drawn ... etc'. :D

Thanks! One of my pet peeves is the misuse of the word "hanged". That and "impact". :D

Why? Does misuse of English 'impact' on your sensibilities? Ouch! :o

Well done for using the correct version of 'hang'. Most people would have said 'hung, drawn ... etc'. :D

I want to celebrate it too. Hope I'm well hung on November the 5th. :o

I've not heard of Guy Fawkes Night being celebrated anywhere ourside of England. Great idea though! The Thais will happily celebrate anything so I guess that they just have to be told about it and you've got a bonfire. They like big fireworks too I hear.

It's my birthday that day so I would be up for a night out but, sadly, I shall be in the UK.

Good luck - and enjoy! :o

I want to celebrate it too. Hope I'm well hung on November the 5th. :o

Well, if you're not now, I doubt you will be then! :D

I've not heard of Guy Fawkes Night being celebrated anywhere ourside of England. Great idea though! The Thais will happily celebrate anything so I guess that they just have to be told about it and you've got a bonfire. They like big fireworks too I hear.

It's my birthday that day so I would be up for a night out but, sadly, I shall  be in the UK.

Good luck - and enjoy!  :o

There was a Bonfire Night 'do' at quite a few Brit pubs on Koh Samui last year.

And he was the only person who ever entered a British Parliament knowing exactly what he wanted to do :o

Oh well, I got mine off some british Guy Fawkes website. What do they know!

Anyway, why do the British celebrate this poor guys death? I mean, really all he was trying to do was shake up the system abit. :o

What's a Bonfire night?

:D

Your signature says it all Narachon :D

You're not a fan of Soccer either, Insight? :D

Actually, the only bonfires we have out in Suphanburi are those who are burning their trash! :o:D