March Hot Season

T_Dog

Flew into CNX his morning from KL. 1700 kilometers of solid cloud cover. Raining as we touched downed and could just make out Doi Suthep. What a great site. www.tmd.go .th calls for more of the same tomorrow. The PM10 reading for today 38.3 and AQI 52. A year ago the were 220.5 and 1444 respectably. www.pcd.go.th

I could not see the mountain this morning for all the right reasons!

post-498-0-17586500-1300267213_thumb.jpg

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very weird weather today. I went out for a drive to Chiang Dao- it looked green!

In my 27 years of living here, nothing like this has ever happened before!

I LOVE It! :)

Sawasdee Khrup TV CM Friends,

Today is the first day in a long time that this human meat-package has steadily experienced being cold !

Wonder what this unseasonal rainfall means for the local farmers, rice, and other crops ?

Also, seems like once the great solar engine pins that "westerly trough" to the mat and squnches it, then Chiang Mai is going to explode with plant life, again ?

stay warm, best, ~o:37;

The rain today and yesterday saved me a few baht. I haven't gone to a bar in 2 days. And, none of my girls has visited me either. One more day of this and I'll have to go hunting again. I've no interest in drinking cold beer on a cold night while standing in an empty bar. At least I'm getting some much needed writing done with no other distractions to alter my thoughts.

Very weird weather today. I went out for a drive to Chiang Dao- it looked green!

In my 27 years of living here, nothing like this has ever happened before!

I LOVE It! :)

27 years LJW, you would be considered a local with a thai name I hope!

Just wonder myself, the Aus floods,japan earthquake/tsunami (poor buggers) and now probably a record for the coldest

march day for eons,and as mentioned in another post we have still got the next full moonageddon to contend with.

Really.Whats going on with this weather....a great thing if the smoke season is a non event this year.

Anyway, out on the bike late today it was positively bloody freezing.

Hope it stays gotta go riding without getting choked on forest fires!

This time last year from Dan Sai to Loei was akin to Dante's fire,every mountain ablaze during a night ride with friends.

The rain today and yesterday saved me a few baht. I haven't gone to a bar in 2 days. And, none of my girls has visited me either. One more day of this and I'll have to go hunting again. I've no interest in drinking cold beer on a cold night while standing in an empty bar. At least I'm getting some much needed writing done with no other distractions to alter my thoughts.

Dude, your SO wrong! I did go out last night ESPECIALLY because of the rain and cold! Seeing all the girls shivering and wearing all kinds of unfashionable gear is just priceless.

And you get to offer free bear hugs to keep them warm.

Of course you don't drink beer, that goes without saying. Wealthy gents like yourself might go for flaming B52s. I'll just order a Sang-Som-Ovaltine. ;)

Bring back the heat that's all I can say. It reminded me of a British summer day today. I came here to escape those.

I'm with you! One of the reasons I moved here as well. Last year in mid March we were breaking the 38c (100f) mark. I'm all for the rain to keep the air cleansed but a little warmer than this.:D

I see we dipped to the 13c mark this morning just as it started getting light out. brrr!

post-114070-0-18759200-1300321005_thumb.

Edited by ThaiWx

It is not just up there.... I live 50km north of Bangkok and it is very cold, no rain just cold, I have a Thermal vest on + a track suit top and bottom not worn for a long time, the only part of me that is OK is me feet which my 5 kids are curled up around, the 3 girls always come to bed with me, last 2 nights one curls around my head the other 2 get under the duvet but still wake up early because of the cold.

I think Mother Earth is getting a bit tired of us (we?) humans selfishly destroying it. Unfortunately, we have been going and will continue to go through some terrible and deadly global changes on this beautiful planet.

Good luck to all of us.

Unfortunately, we have been going and will continue to go through some terrible and deadly global changes on this beautiful planet.

Yes, in addition to some pleasant and very welcome ones. ;)

If things "stay the same" then that would be the first time since the creating of the Earth. (Or the big bang, if you will).

Never found here, in Portugal we had portable gas heaters,

post-42643-0-26915100-1300334631_thumb.j

You put a normal gas bottle in the back and wheel it where you want. It was ideal in Portugal in the few weeks it was cold..

If I had it here it would be on now, as I hate the cold.

Sorry to hear about you northerners being a bit chilly...was about 20c here last night and needed the doona but now 42 + according to the dollar store stick on on the sliding door..

.....I agree the world is pissed off with us ...waiting for the big quake in the eastern pacific to to make Vegas waterfront property...

My wife and I were talking today about how we lived for 20 years in a house with no Aircon but had a house heater now we live in a house with Aircon and no house heater. 99% of the time we never needed aircon living on the shore of Southren California here in CM 99% of the time we do not need a heater, today is the 1% a heater would be fun to have. But still a sweater seems to be working fine.

Still cool this morning but it looks like the hot season is back in full swing a few days. I guess the Mae Taeng river valley got four days of continuous light rain with no breaks. It was running as high as the wet season.

Maybe after this magnetic upset tonight, if the earth is still here tomorrow after tonight and the moon misses the earth, things will settle down again. ?

There was a warning weeks ago about this and what may happen leading up to the night 19th March. myself never take much notice, but this time makes me wonder. still very cold here and Snow in Vietnam !