Eradicate Mosquito Breeding Sources

Jai Dee

ALL CONCERNED PARTIES WILL HAVE TO COOPERATE SERIOUSLY TO GET RID OF MOSQUITO BREEDING SOURCES

The Department of Disease Control under the Ministry of Public Health has called for cooperation from all concerned parties to get rid of the mosquito breeding sources. Furthermore, they should follow the basic course of practice in preventing the dengue haemorrhagic fever and other diseases during the rainy season.

The Disease Control Department’s Director-General, Md. Thawat Suntrajarn (น.พ. ธวัช สุนทราจารย์), disclosed that his department has issued the latest report concerning the outbreak of dengue haemorrhagic fever and other diseases during this rainy season. The report showed that the number of haemorrhagic fever patients had increased continually but in slower rate.

Starting from January until September 10th, the figure was totally 34,000 patients, in which 54 of them have already passed away. In Bangkok alone, the figure was reportedly over 3,400 cases and 8 of them have died from this disease. Therefore, the government and public sectors have been urged to work closely together in monitoring and eradicating the mosquito breeding sources.

Apart from the dengue haemorrhagic fever, all concerned parties must be on a lookout for the outbreak of other diseases as well. They include, for instance cholera, diarrhoea, leptospirosis and influenza.

Source: thaisnews.com ประจำวันศุกร์ที่ 16 กันยายน 2548

It would be good if everybody accepted the responsibility and not allow water to stand for a long period or put those little bags of that sandy stuff in their water jars etc.

Unfortunately, it's not likely to happen.

There were so many of the mozzies that carry the Dengue fever around a few months back that I complained to the local health centre (brother-in-law :o ) and the whole village was fumigated.

Before that, we were almost trapped in the house or had to smother ourselves in repellant. The problem is that the Dengue mozzies seem to be most active in the afternoon, not evening, same as other mozzies.

It would be good if everybody accepted the responsibility and not allow water to stand for a long period or put those little bags of that sandy stuff in their water jars etc.

Unfortunately, it's not likely to happen.

There were so many of the mozzies that carry the Dengue fever around a few months back that I complained to the local health centre (brother-in-law  :o ) and the whole village was fumigated.

Before that, we were almost trapped in the house or had to smother ourselves in repellant. The problem is that the Dengue mozzies seem to be most active in the afternoon, not evening, same as other mozzies.

Simple remidies that work.

not allow water to stand for a long period or put those little bags of that sandy stuff in their water jars etc.

When I went and lived in Malaysia for a couple of years, starting 1989,

I was suprised at how seriously they took the matter.

No standing water allowed.

Regular fogging of ditches and housing estates.

What has Thailand been doing?

The proverbial NOTHING.

I guess this guy just got the job and is trying to make a good impression

The follow up ad campaigns in the press and on TV will show how serious he is. :o

What has Thailand been doing?

The proverbial NOTHING.

In the rural villages the government use to spray the houses with DDT. You can still sometimes see a date painted on the outside of a rural house which indicates the date the house was sprayed.

Years ago I once came home to find some hapless worker spraying my house. Nobody asked me or even notified me ahead of time. I don't know whether this rural spray program still exists.