Italian National Murdered In Phuket

webfact

Italian man gunned down in Phuket

phuket-1-cEZgsJR.jpg

The man was gunned down at about 10pm last night.

phuket-4-qGlnpKj.jpg

Three bullet casings and three unspent bullets were found at the scene.

PHUKET: -- An Italian man in his 40s was shot dead while riding from the Heroines Monument to Pa Khlok at about 10pm last night.

Police know the identity of the man but the Gazette is withholding publication pending notice of next of kin.

The man’s body was found lying on the road about 200 meters from the entrance to the Bang Pae Waterfall with his red Honda Click rental motorbike lying nearby.

Thalang police found three 11mm bullet casings and three unspent 11mm bullets at the scene.

The man had been shot four times: once in the left of his chest, once in his right collarbone, once in his left abdomen and once in his left wrist.

Police found 22,100 baht cash in the man’s shorts, but not in a wallet.

Police investigating the shooting said that they had contacted the rental motorbike shop owner.

The man was staying at the Dara Hotel on the bypass road. He apparently had a bungalow business on Phi Phi Island, officers said.

Police are continuing their investigation.

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2011-03-16

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone prepared the wager what the police investigation will conclude as to the cause of death in the this case ?......:whistling:

BTW...well done to the Phuket Gazzette for not posting the persons name or splashing a copy of the photo page of the guys passport all over the internet, giving the deceased person concerned a little dignity in death

The "rags" in Pattaya could learn something

Edited by Soutpeel

So he wasn't robbed then? Thus the motive for murder was something else? Who carries around 22k baht (unless you are going to buy something expensive but then you can get a bank cheque or use a credit/debit card).

Anyone prepared the wager what the police investigation will conclude as to the cause of death in the this case ?......:whistling:

BTW...well done to the Phuket Gazzette for not posting the persons name or splashing a copy of the photo page of the guys passport all over the internet, giving the deceased person concerned a little dignity in death

The "rags" in Pattaya could learn something

Must have been a coincidence, like the poor guys in Chiang Mai

It seems strange to me 4 shots, plenty cash in the shorts not in his wallet and a business in Phi Phi.

I know that too many expats do run cafes and we know who are the main customers and workers there.

Not judging, just let see what are the next opinions.....

It seems strange to me 4 shots, plenty cash in the shorts not in his wallet and a business in Phi Phi.

I know that too many expats do run cafes and we know who are the main customers and workers there.

Not judging, just let see what are the next opinions.....

I don't get it, what is strange? 4 shots? cash in the shorts? I keep my cash in my shorts, not a wallet, a business in Phi Phi? Is that strange? 22 000 baht is simply one trip to the ATM. Robbery is clearly not the motive, it seems this poor guy has upset someone. I hope the police catch the murderers quickly.

Edited by LivinginKata
quote removed

So he wasn't robbed then? Thus the motive for murder was something else? Who carries around 22k baht (unless you are going to buy something expensive but then you can get a bank cheque or use a credit/debit card).

No wallet. Who goes ANYWHERE without a wallet? So chances are he WAS robbed since the wallet was gone, but they didn't think to check his shorts. However, robbery may or may not have been the motive.

Everyone is assuming the Italian is an innocent man that did nothing wrong.

<deleted> you have made the 3rd comment on this subject and you are already accussing everyone of something that hasn't even been mentioned yet.

He might just have been involved in some dodgy dealings maybe!!!!!

So there's a Bungalow business up for grabs. Unless of course some Thai Lady happened to be the partner and she keeps the lot. At least it should see the Police bothering to visit Phi Phi and make a few enquiries. For example, ' Your husband just got shot. Any chance of the bungalow complex at discount? Oh, and where were you?'

No doubt it'll be yet another death by misadventure. The Police concluding that he ran into 4 stray bullets that happened to be passing at the time. It happens ...................... in Thailand.

If the Police found 22,100 baht then how much did they not find in the wallet?

And their amazingly vigilant response is not to cordon the scene, put up road blocks or gather witness statements, but it is to contact the motorbike rental owner and tell him him the bad news; bike's been crashed mate. Worse still he's dead so has got out of paying the over priced repairs. Falangs eh? And worse still the Police lose out on getting their share.

Life can be cruel. So can death.

But I admire the sensitivity of the Press. No naming or photograph. Well that should ease the family's grief at learning how he was shot and left to die from his wounds and that there'll be no justice whatsoever or arrest.

Thailand.

Do you have any evidence to the contrary? Do you know him? Why would you even say such a thing? Should he not be given any benefit of doubt? I find your post reprehensible.

No wallet. Who goes ANYWHERE without a wallet? So chances are he WAS robbed since the wallet was gone, but they didn't think to check his shorts. However, robbery may or may not have been the motive.

This is a good point, but I would think maybe he knew something had to happen.

It doesn't say there was no wallet, just that there was no money in one. With that much money I don't put it in my wallet either, it's too much to fit comfortably.

I've lived in central Bangkok for 9 years and never carry a wallet after getting pick pocketed in my first few weeks here, cash money and my ATM card in my front pocket is all I ever carry

No assumptions, just a possibility, the guy could have been seen with the cash by local small time hoods, (opportunists) followed him, tried to rob him, he wouldn’t give, they flapped and shot him, in the panic for the money and to make a speedy getaway, did not search very well but felt the wallet, (I know my wallet would feel pretty fat, but it’s full of old recites and stuff, not much money)If in a panic to get away the hood may have just assumed he had the cash, jammed the wallet in his pocket and fled. But we will just have to wait and see.

<deleted> you have made the 3rd comment on this subject and you are already accussing everyone of something that hasn't even been mentioned yet.

Richard10365 is simply making a statement which is perfectly valid. He is not accusing anyone of anything........ is he? so why the hysterical outcry over nothing???!!!!:blink: Keep things in context will you please. Another thing, how can he possibly accuse someone of something that hasn't been mentioned other than to say he did........well, something, I imagine, anyway!!

I go everywhere whithout wallet and I have done since I started to go anywhere with money and I know many people that do, so what is wrong with that??

He rented a jet ski and ain't pay for the damage.. ... So here is to show Farangs what the crime syndicate can do to your blo..ody dam_n lives..:guitar:

I wanna know his name. He might be some of the guys I know.....

Edited by dunkin2012

So there's a Bungalow business up for grabs. Unless of course some Thai Lady happened to be the partner and she keeps the lot. At least it should see the Police bothering to visit Phi Phi and make a few enquiries. For example, ' Your husband just got shot. Any chance of the bungalow complex at discount? Oh, and where were you?'

No doubt it'll be yet another death by misadventure. The Police concluding that he ran into 4 stray bullets that happened to be passing at the time. It happens ...................... in Thailand.

If the Police found 22,100 baht then how much did they not find in the wallet?

And their amazingly vigilant response is not to cordon the scene, put up road blocks or gather witness statements, but it is to contact the motorbike rental owner and tell him him the bad news; bike's been crashed mate. Worse still he's dead so has got out of paying the over priced repairs. Falangs eh? And worse still the Police lose out on getting their share.

Life can be cruel. So can death.

But I admire the sensitivity of the Press. No naming or photograph. Well that should ease the family's grief at learning how he was shot and left to die from his wounds and that there'll be no justice whatsoever or arrest.

Thailand.

It amazes me that you are still here in Thailand - I cannot find one positive statement or comment in your post, just plainly rude, insinuating and insulting, Hmmmm maybe not even 'plainly'! You have accused the police of stealing, his partner of colluding, and in general, Thais' and Thailand to be a Hell away from Hell. Why don't you return to the delights of whichever land you left and get mugged there, THEN complain! Why ARE you here? Maybe the guy had upset someone, that remains to be seen, but stop and think for a minute - you are upsetting many people! (Sorry Mr Editor if this is a bit of a diatribe - but invidious and bigoted people just anger me)

I have not carried a wallet for 20 years!! And most serious business men I know don't either - they use clutch bags with passports and funds, credit cards etc and usually a coupe of mobile phones, phone chargers and the important documentation such as work permits. But back on the story - seems simply a matter of getting rid of competition. Phi Phi is known for it.

Respect for the family - you don't need to do anything wrong in Thailand to piss people off, simply be a farang and be successful and that is enough motive. The further south you go the more likely it is solved by gunshots. But let's wait and see what the police say. Gut shot is a painful way to die.

I do. I don't even have a wallet. Never have.