Did You Ever Imagine You Would Still Be Living In Thailand This Long

livinthailandos

c

I hear that the UK has changed considerably in the past few years, and I'd probably feel like a foreigner in my 'homeland'.

Great post. I came here in August 1999. Never been back.

Apparently England is now overrun with immigrants, and roughly 50% of people are "chavs". Admittedly I don't really know what a "chav" is, but they sound like a sub-spieces best avoided.

council housed and violent

True very true, London is not the UK but i am from Inner London as are my Family so for me, going back " there " with my Daughter is a no brainer..

I don't like the mentality of your every day Londoner these days or the general mindset either 7 there sadly does seem to be, to me anyway, a pattern emerging in this new Generation that i dont' like at all..

Who knows about somewhere else, never say never as you say..

I do have a way into the US however legally & would rather explore that than go home i think anyway..

If it's in you it's in you this emigrating thing, i don't particulary wnat to go home & that would be based on a decision for my Daughtrers sake aswell as my own selfishness of liking the US like i do..

Seems the longer term "residents" here are not those that came on vacation or for the bars and birds...???

Agree about some of those bods that are still "back home"..I have noticed there seems to be negativity based on resentment or jealousy maybe of us that "did" whilst they apparently continue to wallow in self pity and blame shifting of their rather more mundane lives where the horizon is always grey...realistically and figuratively. This does not apply to all....some say goodonya... wish I had the resources/circumstance or guts to do it.....

There was a saying in Africa that said something to the effect..."you'll be back now you've been here"...certainly applies here.....it's so good to get through customs an step outside the airport into LOS..

Well, to be brutally honest, i came because at the time i had an Internet based Business & we had work that included being in Asia & laying on a Beach on Samui every mornng before doing a bit on teh Computer until 10/11 at night appealed to me & my Pal at the time very much..

I certainly wasn't into Thai Birds at all & they definately wasn't the reason we came to stay & i was only pretty young when i came intially anyway, 24 i think i was & been here now for nearly 8 Years, scary really but i do wnat out though now badly..

I like Thailand, it's a good Life here, better standard of Living than at Home for me personally in how i want to live but i just think, at my age, i need more stimulating than the place gives me & after being here for so long now at an age i consider to be pretty young still sort of, if it wasn't for my little one like i said earlier, i'd be long gone..

Saying about the people that home though, they're more interested in X Factor it seems than seeing the World that's out there..

& that comes back to what i also said about the emigrating thing being either in you, or not..

Edited by MSingh

Saying about the people that home though, they're more interested in X Factor it seems than seeing the World that's out there..

Ah well, you've come to the right place then. Thais don't spend any time at all wasting their hours watching TV all day and night, and even whilst at work or on the bus. They are far too cultured for that. :lol: Unlike those ignorant people from London.

Yes...and here's way. A pic from my friend back home! With all the "issues" of living here, I still love it. Just finished a swim in the pool and came in to see this pic from my friend. Headed to the beach tonight for our weekly seafood feast. Beer, great seafood, sunset, beers, all for less than 500B. Can't beat that!

post-5869-0-93233200-1300758606_thumb.jp

Gee CT

TV dinner by the pool

I'm so glad I finished school

(Frank Zappa)

Go elsewhere for schooling? My unofficial little 4-year old daughter now learns English, Chinese, and Japanese at her school here in Thailand ... I get to make demonstrable contribution to disadvantaged persons here to Thai society ... and then go out wenching.

Edited by jazzbo

The company I worked for sent me here for 3 weeks of training, that was 6 years ago, didn't want to leave, still don't. Married a Thai girl and have a 2 year old daughter now and loving life here.

We had been on a few trips back to Oz over the years (the company had home leave once a year) and we took our daughter back to visit when she was 1 (hadn't gone back for holiday's since the wife got pregnant or after the birth and didn't miss it one bit). First thing that hit us at the airport (after Immigration) was a lady at the duty free saying "Hello darrrrrl"..... wanted to get back on the plane right then (Aussies and Kiwis will understand).

Long story short, ended up cutting a 3 week holiday short by 10 days, the wife just said "get us on a plane" one day and I had to agree, we were off the next day. Just wanted to get back home to Thailand. Spent the rest of the holiday relaxing with the little one and loving every minute of it.

Ah well, you've come to the right place then. Thais don't spend any time at all wasting their hours watching TV all day and night, and even whilst at work or on the bus. They are far too cultured for that. :lol: Unlike those ignorant people from London.

It's not quite that bad back here in The U.K., sure there are people who bitch and moan and watch x factor, probably all at the same time. I left after 11 years in Thailand and can honestly say that living here vs Thailand is, well, same same but different.

Seems the longer term "residents" here are not those that came on vacation or for the bars and birds...???

Horse manure! :rolleyes:

55555..so we all know why you came then...

...can't believe I said that, what was I thinking?? maybe I lied..

.I only came for the weather,temples,culture and the interlectual discussion hereon...and low and behold I discovered ..thousands of available beautiful women and cheap booze ...5555

....it was a question after all.. :whistling:

Errrrr sorry, i'm not sure if you could call the people of modern day London too cultured Richard personlly, that's only based on me growing up in Inner London & having the nous to get out at 16 Years Old..

What are you basing what you're writing on ??

What are you basing your defence of London & it's people on ??

& so you can understand, we're not talking about Thai's, what they do is what they do & i personally couldn't really give a monkeys, but i do care about is the reason/reasons why i felt the need to leave my Home at 16 Years Old initially in search of a better life & we're talkign about London & Londoners specifically now..:)

Crack on, over to you..

I have no problem with saying that some long-term residents came here for different reasons, but certainly not most of them. :wai:

He actually didn't say either, yet you still called it Horse Manure..:rolleyes:

....s'okay ...some are happy some are not...most , some none, don't matter to me..Thailand is good to me..warm, have a a nice home, wife and life..how I got here is...well never mind..no angel but...never so happy ...lots of worse places we could be right???

I have no problem with saying that some long-term residents came here for different reasons, but certainly not most of them. :wai:

He actually didn't say either, yet you still called it Horse Manure..:rolleyes:

....s'okay ...some are happy some are not...most , some none, don't matter to me..Thailand is good to me..warm, have a a nice home, wife and life..how I got here is...well never mind..no angel but...never so happy ...lots of worse places we could be right???

Absolutely without a doubt, London being one of them..:)

Yes, because:

1. The bad now outweighs the good in the States, as opposed to 30+ years ago.

2. The good outweighs the bad here in Thailand.

3. If the bad ever outweighs the good here someday, I will look for another place that qualifies under 2 above.

I have no desire to go "home."

We must be blood brothers! If that is too much of a statement than insert "I concur".

I have no problem with saying that some long-term residents came here for different reasons, but certainly not most of them.

He actually didn't say either, yet you still called it Horse Manure..

He implied the heck out of it. Horse manure!

Edited by Ulysses G.