Scammers On Tv

111tingtong

Apologies if this is old news but I received a scamming private messageil this afternoon and thought I would make members and moderators aware.

Personally its the first ive seen of them on TV.

Ive pasted in the scam PM below for reference

Dearest Friend

Good day,may the blessings of God be upon you and grant you the wisdom and sympathy to understand my situation and how much I need your help.

I am only surviving son, I have inheritega money in one of the prominent bank here in our country the sum of $4.3 million Dollars. with my name as the next of kin.

I wish request that you assist me use your account in your country to transfer my inherited fund for onward business investment.

I am willing to give you 15% while 5% has been earmarked for expenses. If this is acceptable to you, Send me a mail through my regular e-mail account so that we can discuss further on this matter. email at ([email protected])

Regards

Richard Habib

Sweet. Lucky man. What are you going to do with the money?

Open a bar?

I thought I might spend some of it schooling you with some manners troll

If this guy needs some manners then you need some in common sense my friend as most people receive a few of these a day and don't feel the need to post about it but rather just press the delete button. :o

Switching off your sense of humour ISN'T a pre requisite to signing on and posting either ;):D

Open a bar?

If this guy needs some manners then you need some in common sense my friend as most people receive a few of these a day and don't feel the need to post about it but rather just press the delete button. :o

Switching off your sense of humour ISN'T a pre requisite to signing on and posting either ;):D

Not everyone is as smart as yourself, and it was posted to help out people who might not know how these scams work

Open a bar?

I for one understand there are unfortunately people still taken in by these sort of scams. Inevitably it will be people who cannot afford to lose money. A warning is of benefit to those who heed and need, there are new entries to the internet world every day, if a post like this saves one person money it is worth the effort.

I hope you carry through your sense of humour when you feel you may just be paying a little extra sometime.

Well, good on ya, 111tingtong for reporting a "scammer" :D

Makes life more easy for everybody if they ain't around (here) - and as one poster already commented. not everybody is capable of distinguishing real posts from scam-posts. ;)

Ignore the comments from the wise-guy suckers - I'm sure none of them have ever been ripped off in any way, they're obviously far too clever for that sort of thing. :bah::whistling:

Cheers M8