Thought For The Day

Neeranam

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love between two people is such a precious thing. It is not a possession. I no longer need to possess to complete myself. True love becomes my freedom.

--Angela L. Wozniak

Self-doubt fosters possessiveness. When we lack confidence in our own capabilities, when we fear we don't measure up as women, mothers, lovers, employees, we cling to old behavior, maybe to unhealthy habits, perhaps to another person. We can't find our completion in another person because that person changes and moves away from our center. Then we feel lost once again.

Completion of the self accompanies our spiritual progress. As our awareness of the reality of our higher power's caring role is heightened, we find peace. We trust that we are becoming all that we need to be. We need only have faith in our connection to that higher power. We can let that faith possess us, and we'll never need to possess someone else.

God's love is ours, every moment. Recognition is all that's asked of us. Acceptance of this ever-present love will make us whole, and self-doubt will diminish. Clinging to other people traps us as much as them, and all growth is hampered, ours and theirs.

Freedom to live, to grow, to experience my full capabilities is as close as my faith. I will cling only to that and discover the love that's truly in my heart and the hearts of my loved ones.

If you're feeling stressed at work, just consider what would happen if you failed to do what you are supposed to do. Unless you are a Surgeon, why worry!?

If you do the things you're supposed to do, when you're supposed to do them ............

There will come a day when you can do the things you want to do, when ever you want to do them!!

Let your love flow outward through the universe,

To its height, its depth, its broad extent,

A limitless love, without hatred or enmity.

Then as you stand or walk,

Sit or lie down,

As long as you are awake,

Strive for this with a one-pointed mind;

Your life will bring heaven to earth.

Sutta Nipata

On a lighter note........

Never hold your farts in !!

They will travel up your spine to your brain, and all you will have is shitty ideas !

On a lighter note........

Never hold your farts in !!

They will travel up your spine to your brain, and all you will have is shitty ideas !

I always wondered were thouse shitty ideas came from,thanks now I know :o