Thought For The Day

Neeranam

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..Oh, and which movie were you referring to?  :o

I can't stop thinking about quiting my job for a nice long vacation.

I am thinking the same during this days (i'm loosing my brain to find a way to realize it), what's your job Canadian-J? Have u got a plan? :D

I live in Van City, BC which is where the 2010 Winter Olympics are coming and ever since that news hit us the construction industry has tripled! It was already booming but now there's high rises going up everywhere! Honestly, you can walk to any of these sites and get a job that will start you at at least $16/hour and if you're experienced a lot more.

I'm doing carpentry right now. Concrete form work. With construction you can quit and then come back and it doesn't really make much of a difference but when I get back from my 3-6 months in Thailand I'm probally going back to school. Might work construction a bit longer to save some more $$$.

I leave Nov 4th :D

What do you do for work?

The thought for the day: There are lots of topics at TV and also a PM button at the bottom of each post....if you meet someone in the thought for the day topic you could carry on your conversations with personal messages via the PM button or you could move your discussion elsewhere or you could continue your personal conversation in the THOUGHT FOR THE DAY thread so that all of us have to wade through your conversation even though we really have no interest in your conversation at all.....at TV its entirely up to you.

What do you do for work?

Salesman/office manager for a home entertainmant dealer from 5+ years (I sell DVD to italian shops by phone/email).

Unfortunately I cannot have more than 3-4 holiday weeks every year.

I'd like to have 2-3 months for vacations, but to realize it i should have to change my job, and i really don't imagine what could i do, in my country (Italy) seasonal jobs are very bad paid (less than 10$/hour). I tried to have a second income selling stuff (dvd) on ebay for six months, but after 9 to 19 daily job it's hard to continue 2-3 hours more and spend the weekends time to arrange it.

It's like i'm waiting for a miracle but i'm sure that it won't knock soon on my door.

My better skill are my self-organization and working for results attitude with a basic IT knowledge supported from an english language knowledge. Copying and pasting my skills i found a good job (enough to buy a nice apartment, a car and a fast Hornet motorbike : things in a word) but it hasn't been enough to build my happiness.

Most of italian females are crazy and not suited for my freedom purposes (i have been married one time, 2+ years experience) and not comparable with thai ladies :D .

I don't know when I will expat but I will do my best to find the right way.

It's only a matter of time and luckyness, i hope.

Thaivisa.com posts are ideal to paint my plan.

May be Canadian-J next year we could drink a pineapple with vodka together in a Patpong bar :o

This is my thought of the day :D

Edited by bolognamare

The thought for the day:  There are lots of topics at TV and also a PM button at the bottom of each post....if you meet someone in the thought for the day topic you could carry on your conversations with personal messages via the PM button or you could move your discussion elsewhere or you could continue your personal conversation in the THOUGHT FOR THE DAY thread so that all of us have to wade through your conversation even though we really have no interest in your conversation at all.....at TV its entirely up to you.

Right on ชาวนา, there was a great radio show in the UK in the sixties and seventies called 'Just A Minute' where the contestants had to talk for 60 seconds on a topic without repetition, hesitation or deviation. On the last count these Italian and Canadian fools would have been eliminated in the first 5 seconds.

Come on mods, raise the standards, confine these wannabees to their own thread. Nicholas Parsons wouldn't have given them the chances you have.

The thought for the day:  There are lots of topics at TV and also a PM button at the bottom of each post....if you meet someone in the thought for the day topic you could carry on your conversations with personal messages via the PM button or you could move your discussion elsewhere or you could continue your personal conversation in the THOUGHT FOR THE DAY thread so that all of us have to wade through your conversation even though we really have no interest in your conversation at all.....at TV its entirely up to you.

Right on ชาวนา, there was a great radio show in the UK in the sixties and seventies called 'Just A Minute' where the contestants had to talk for 60 seconds on a topic without repetition, hesitation or deviation. On the last count these Italian and Canadian fools would have been eliminated in the first 5 seconds.

Come on mods, raise the standards, confine these wannabees to their own thread. Nicholas Parsons wouldn't have given them the chances you have.

Bannork.... if you care to notice... the OP started a "silly" , lighthearted Thought for the Day as opposed to the more philosophical quotes that are going around on other threads. Therefore, it's kind of OK to accept the occasional deviation from the topic (which is bound to occur on 99.9% of threads) ... don't you think? Lighten up Dude :o

"It's hard to bottle one's emotions at such a scene" - Bannork's Thought for Today

What do you do for work?

Salesman/office manager for a home entertainmant dealer from 5+ years (I sell DVD to italian shops by phone/email).

Unfortunately I cannot have more than 3-4 holiday weeks every year.

I'd like to have 2-3 months for vacations, but to realize it i should have to change my job, and i really don't imagine what could i do, in my country (Italy) seasonal jobs are very bad paid (less than 10$/hour). I tried to have a second income selling stuff (dvd) on ebay for six months, but after 9 to 19 daily job it's hard to continue 2-3 hours more and spend the weekends time to arrange it.

It's like i'm waiting for a miracle but i'm sure that it won't knock soon on my door.

My better skill are my self-organization and working for results attitude with a basic IT knowledge supported from an english language knowledge. Copying and pasting my skills i found a good job (enough to buy a nice apartment, a car and a fast Hornet motorbike : things in a word) but it hasn't been enough to build my happiness.

Most of italian females are crazy and not suited for my freedom purposes (i have been married one time, 2+ years experience) and not comparable with thai ladies :D .

I don't know when I will expat but I will do my best to find the right way.

It's only a matter of time and luckyness, i hope.

Thaivisa.com posts are ideal to paint my plan.

May be Canadian-J next year we could drink a pineapple with vodka together in a Patpong bar :o

This is my thought of the day :D

Ahh yeah. Yes once I commit myself to a "career" I'll probally be in the same situation you're in sadly! My dad has something from Italy! A Ducati! Very nice motorcycles...

Pineapple vodka sounds great :D

Hey guys... does it really bother you that much that we're straying off topic in... oh hey wait a second this is an off topic forum! Farang pub! Well I'll be... shame on me for straying off topic in the pub :D

It's easy enough to not read what we're saying then subjecting yourselves to our petty conversations. Feel free to continue sharing your tome of knowledge and VAST experiences in life with us. We're not hindering you one bit.

Bannork.... if you care to notice... the OP started a "silly" , lighthearted Thought for the Day as opposed to the more philosophical quotes that are going around on other threads. Therefore, it's kind of OK to accept the occasional deviation from the topic (which is bound to occur on 99.9% of threads) ... don't you think? Lighten up Dude :o

"It's hard to bottle one's emotions at such a scene" - Bannork's Thought for Today

I feel that it is my previous thought for the day post which has caused all this problem....I tried to point out alternatives that could be used so that someone who wanted to continue a conversation they could do so without making off topic posts...and I also clearly indicated that it is entirely up to the individual to decide for themselves what they want to do about this. It is clear that some people (you are probably one of them) don't really care about staying on topic and when it is brought to their attention that they are disturbing someone by being off topic they really have no sense of politeness or sensitivity to other people.

My thought for the day: Small children wander at will wearing no diapers. They drop their sh1t whereever it may fall. When an adult comes to clean it up the small children just smile and say, "ca ca".

I'm sure that this post will bring on all sorts of backlash from some....this is really good because then we will learn something about their true personalities. Who's first?

Edited by chownah

You should not have your own ideas when you listen to someone.....To have nothing in your mind is naturalness. then you will understand what he says- Shunryi Suzuki

When I am self-centred and mistrustful, I have difficulty understanding someone else.Sometimes I am so worried about who has control that I fail to recieve the information I ma given.Do you respond with the "Yes, but....."?

true learning comes - like true intimacy - when I have an open mind. As I detach myself, separate from my own ego, I hear the other person better, and especially with women, grow more intimate.

I will set own ego aside when others are talking with today. May I let go my own self-centredness. :o

I beg to differ, Khun Neeranam is a sincere Scotsman in search of the meaning of life. As a fellow lover of Issan I have several times tried to point the way forward to him, namely raise cows in the day and indulge in various relaxants at night with his beloved.

However as he has forsaken the path of relaxants and overcome his own personal demons, I sense he is interested in others' views as to their approach to life.

Thought for the day requires an incisive, thought provoking observation on life, not a wittering on about one's personal intentions.

I'm not aware of philosophical quotes on other threads but if there are any they will find it hard to match the angst of a late 60's rock fan who is too old to rock but too young to die.

If I had my life to live over......I'd relax..... I would take fewer things seriously. I would take more chances. I would climb more mountains and swim more rivers.... I'd start barefoot earlier in the spring and stay that way later in the fall. I would go to more dances. I would ride more merry-go-rounds. I would pick more daisies. - Nadine Stair

Today, let me forget my worries and enjoy the fullness of life. :o

Greed simply means you are feeling a deep emptiness and you want to fill it with anything possible; it doesn´t matter what it is. And once you understand it, then you have nothing to do with greed. You have something to do with your coming into communion with the whole so the inner emptiness disappears.

And with it, all greed disappears. That does not mean that you start living naked; that simply means you do not live just to collect things.

As the rain has pelted down the last few weeks I was left pondering one of the great mysteries of modern times on TV, namely:

'What's happened to the great drought doom soothsayer, Andrew Fletcher? Has he been washed away in one of the Chiang Mai floods, swept up by one of the Nakhon Phanom run-offs, or submerged under the Chonburi overflow?