2011 Track Days

Well I finally have my ER6 and cant wait to get down to the tracks and start learning the bike, have ordered a sh*t load of stuff for it and hopefully Ill be ready in about a week or so.

Anybody planning on riding/being at the monday the 9th May bike track day at BIRA?? I am planning on coming down would be cool if there were some others there!!

Edited by sundaypsychos

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I finally have my ER6 and cant wait to get down to the tracks and start learning the bike, have ordered a sh*t load of stuff for it and hopefully Ill be ready in about a week or so.

Anybody planning on riding/being at the monday the 9th May bike track day at BIRA?? I am planning on coming down would be cool if there were some others there!!

Hey Bro!

Sorry I missed your call- this is a crazy week for me. Trying to get ready for the race on Saturday and the tour which will start the following day. Not quite sure when I'll get back to Bangkok but if I can make the time I'll try and come down to BIRA on May 9th.

More and more guys are converting their ER6's into track bikes and I think I'll have some serious competition at the MiniGP this Saturday. Woohoo!

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony

Hey Bro!

Sorry I missed your call- this is a crazy week for me. Trying to get ready for the race on Saturday and the tour which will start the following day. Not quite sure when I'll get back to Bangkok but if I can make the time I'll try and come down to BIRA on May 9th.

More and more guys are converting their ER6's into track bikes and I think I'll have some serious competition at the MiniGP this Saturday. Woohoo!

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony

Arh I can't make it.

The weather has a big deal to do with as well.

Arh!

sad.gif

Tony!

Theres a kawasakiMiniGP on this saturday?? I might be able to make that, half my parts havent turned up yet but what the heck!

Whats the schedule of racing/warm up/qualifying? I havent even ridden my bike yet so would be good to have a bit of warm up time...

If I cane it back to cnx after the race then might even be able to join you guys for the nan section of your trip...

Cheers.

A google translation of the race schedule for tomorrow's Kawasaki MiniGP at the Bangkok Racing Circuit behind the Seacon Mall in Bangkok:

Model No. Model competition fee

1 KSR MiniGP - Stock KSR 500 race

2 KSR MiniGP - Stock F KSR - racing

3 KSR MiniGP - Modify A KSR 500 race

4 KSR MiniGP - Modify B KSR 500 race

5 Relay Novice - Stock D-Tracker125 - racing

6 D-Tracker - Stock D-Tracker250 - racing

7 D-Tracker - Modify D-Tracker250 500 race

8 Ninja250R - Stock Ninja250R - racing

9 Ninja250R - Modify Ninja250R 500 race

10 650 Series ER-6n, Ninja650R, Versys 500 race

Registration should open around 0900

See you there!

KawasakiSmiley2.jpg

newf, I cant make this one but im aiming to be down for the next one on monday 9th,

is bira open anyday/everyday other than scheduled event days - for motorcycle riding ?

and what are the track hours?

I'm thinking of renting a CBR600 in Pattaya and riding it to/at the track.

are leathers required, in case I can't find someone to lend/rent me some?

It's short notice but I hope to try and ride on Tuesday or Wednesday next week since I will be there anyway.

Anyone in Pattaya interested in joining me and/or renting me an extra set of leathers/boots/gloves?

thanks

hi there

I'm newbie to big bikes and trackdays and was wondering if anyone can tell me what options there are for some basic instruction at any of the abovementioned tracks. has anyone got some tuition? If so what does it involve and did it help?

cheers

D

M

hi there

I'm newbie to big bikes and trackdays and was wondering if anyone can tell me what options there are for some basic instruction at any of the abovementioned tracks. has anyone got some tuition? If so what does it involve and did it help?

cheers

D

M

See Graham at Highside tours at Bira.

He's on Google.

I'm thinking of Monday, how about it Meancatdaddy??????????????????????????

Keep those good times rolling. jap.gif

Awesome fun at today's MiniGP even though I performed terribly in my race... :rolleyes:

Track, as you can see, is in typical poor shape, and this was my first time back since binning the Gixxer here a few weeks ago. I just didn't have the confidence to push it the way I needed to... Ah well, practice practice!

I believe Kawasaki is organizing a track day at the Bonanza Khao Yai track on Saturday May 14th. I still haven't been there but my friends say it's beautiful and fast.

Ride On!

Tony

nice little vid tony, bike looks sweet with the versys swingarm aswell!!

Great news about the track day at Bonanza if it comes off, Im definitely in for that aswell.

We'll see you in nan monday, we are 4 strong now with west coming aswell, nikster, myself and hassman!!

Have a great ride up..!

Hello,

Nice to see some people riding hard out here... I did some track back in Europe... Would be more than happy to ride here but for various reasons it is impossible for the moment.

But would be pleased to share a beer for a bike talk if some of you are in Bangkok.

Cheers !

Dd

Edit : resize the picture

post-129129-0-07410100-1304418637_thumb.

Edited by happysoul

oops!!!

Hello,

Hope you're ok...

Did you have the bike repaired yet ? That question because I drove up to a farang on Suk this morning as his bike looked very very similar to yours... turned around to see the left side, not a scratch... So just smiled to the rider and the red light turned to green and we left.

Cheers

It was at the end of a 15min stint, i was slowing to come into the pits but decided to do one more lap. Bad decision!!!! i just flipped my tire the day before at Showpow but i should have changed it becuase it was pass the wear bars from all the right hand turns at BIRA, thought i could squeeze out atleast one more track day.

The tire is no exuse though, i knew it was bad because i was sliding on a couple of the left handers earlier in the morning and should have adjusted for it... live and learn i guess...

Here's the full 15min

It was at the end of a 15min stint, i was slowing to come into the pits but decided to do one more lap. Bad decision!!!! i just flipped my tire the day before at Showpow but i should have changed it becuase it was pass the wear bars from all the right hand turns at BIRA, thought i could squeeze out atleast one more track day.

The tire is no exuse though, i knew it was bad because i was sliding on a couple of the left handers earlier in the morning and should have adjusted for it... live and learn i guess...

Here's the full 15min

Oh man, it never feels right coming off a bike does it - knocks me sick man.

While you were flying threw through the air, I noticed your new leathers. Nice one. biggrin.gif

Bira on Monday 16th? I know you want to ???????/

Keep those good times rolling.jap.gif

If i don't get called in for work i'll be there.

Great stuff, Tony? Dave? Nick? Wits? Joe?unsure.gifunsure.gif

Aldro can't make it.

Keep those good times rolling jap.gif

Sorry dudes- it was one of those weekends :burp:

0515MorningAfter.jpg

Great performance Tony, only someone of sublime skill and balance could have negotiated their way to their bed through that lot without breaking a bottle....Quality, give that man a medal