2011 Track Days

ER6n highside courtesy of the Flying Canadian :lol:

285360_10150322502220879_516765878_9524396_7887729_n.jpg

285180_10150322502245879_516765878_9524398_601298_n.jpg

282050_10150322502260879_516765878_9524399_3078318_n.jpg

This crash happened on Saturday. Despite bike and rider being really banged up he went on to finish 2nd in the race on Sunday. Respect! :jap:

Bloody hell, our Colin really goes for it eh?

Hope we have fun on Monday at Bira eh?

I should try and follow him round just behind you Tony????????????

I'm finding right handers difficult which is a real problem round Bira - arhhhhhh sad.gif

Get well soon Colin jap.gif

My friend is a scout for Moto GP maybe I ought to bring him along to Bira to see Colin????????????????biggrin.gif

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the video of the crash.

Not a nice feeling eh?

What damage did you do to yourself?

And the bike?

Me? Twisted my right angle (bruised/swollen), Bruised right hip and elbow with a little road rash on my hip aswell. I think i may have hit the right side of my chest somewhere when i was flying over the handlebars as i'm feeling a little discomfort.

Bike? mangled handle bars, Dented tank, Left rearset was bent pretty bad, bent subframe, All the tail plastics were in pieces, ripped seat cover, forks were knock out of allignment and a bent front rim.

To get it ready to race i just bent the rearsets back straight by hand...lol replaced the handlebar with an old one i had in the truck, zip tied and taped the plastics back on and ready to go. The bent rim made it really difficult to brake late/hard (alot of vibration). I got the lead off the start and kept it until the third lap but had to back off the throttle for a sec when i got cutoff by a slower rider and Luke got past me. Probably could have kept with him but don't think i could have past him with the condition of the bike without risking another crash so i backed off and coasted to a 2nd place finish.

Colin

Edited by newf

Here's the video of the crash.

Not a nice feeling eh?

What damage did you do to yourself?

And the bike?

Me? Twisted my right angle (bruised/swollen), Bruised right hip and elbow with a little road rash on my hip aswell. I think i may have hit the right side of my chest somewhere when i was flying over the handlebars as i'm feeling a little discomfort.

Bike? mangled handle bars, Dented tank, Left rearset was bent pretty bad, bent subframe, All the tail plastics were in pieces, ripped seat cover, forks were knock out of allignment and a bent front rim.

To get it ready to race i just bent the rearsets back straight by hand...lol replaced the handlebar with an old one i had in the truck, zip tied and taped the plastics back on and ready to go. The bent rim made it really difficult to brake late/hard (alot of vibration). I got the lead off the start and kept it until the third lap but had to back off the throttle for a sec when i got cutoff by a slower rider and Luke got past me. Probably could have kept with him but don't think i could have past him with the condition of the bike without risking another crash so i backed off and coasted to a 2nd place finish.

Colin

WOW!

Unreal man.

True Canadian spirit there.

Hope the recovery is quick and as for the handle bars, I've got a spare if you need it OK?

Hope to see you at Bira on Monday.

jap.gif

OK wow have been here a while and never knew there were good tracks around. Im looking to trade up now that i have driven in thailand for a while and got used to it. I have been looking for shops that sell big bikes can anyone point me in the right direction i have been looking through bangkok but havnt found any thing. would really appreciate the help. im looking for a suzuki or honda at around 1000 CC.

:9

Sorry, meant to insert media not a link. Here you go. Unreal eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCOt78MB5vM&feature=feedu

Darn...Vids like these should be banned.

makes it very tempting to get the ZX10R.

When will Kawasaki Thailand start selling the ZX10R?

Kawasaki Thailand is no longer selling the ZX10R. Red Baron can't import them fast enough :lol:

Yes, my friend bought one to compliment his N650 a few months ago.

ZX10R for city riding.

N650 for touring. :D

I don't know if they sell ZX10s here anymore.ohmy.gif

I saw one for sale in Pattaya Mitiyon yesterday that was only a few months old and they want 560k for it I think.

It hadn't been dropped and it might be the one that falang bought when I was there once. I think he worked in Singapore or some where. I didn't get to see how many kms were on it. I'll have a look.

Too fast for me blink.gif

Nope, Kawasaki Thailand only sold the 2009-2010 model and it was restricted and sold terribly. Kawasaki Thailand has no plans to sell the new 2011-2012 model.

Your best bet is Red Baron: http://www.redbaronbkk.com/news/detail.php?id=1104230000050

Ride On!

T

They already sell the ZX10R for around 650K I believe

:9

Sorry, meant to insert media not a link. Here you go. Unreal eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCOt78MB5vM&feature=feedu

Darn...Vids like these should be banned.

makes it very tempting to get the ZX10R.

When will Kawasaki Thailand start selling the ZX10R?

I saw the same ZX10R latest model ('11) with red plates at Kawa Pattaya last week.. Looked like a demo or so..

Yes, my friend bought one to compliment his N650 a few months ago.

ZX10R for city riding.

N650 for touring. :D

I don't know if they sell ZX10s here anymore.ohmy.gif

I saw one for sale in Pattaya Mitiyon yesterday that was only a few months old and they want 560k for it I think.

It hadn't been dropped and it might be the one that falang bought when I was there once. I think he worked in Singapore or some where. I didn't get to see how many kms were on it. I'll have a look.

Too fast for me blink.gif

BTW Norman monday Bira?

Let's prey for dry weather but I doubt it.

:ph34r:

Yeh I'm on for Monday.

Let's hope Colin and Tony turn up eh?

Meancatdaddy with his white er6n goes offshore on Tuesday so he's out.

Are you taking the Ducati or Versys?

hehe let's start with the Versys. Remember, my only track experience is on 4 wheels B)

I will be focussing on the proper racing lines rather than speed. Although I do believe that I will be switching to the Ducati very soon.

I am just too curious to find out how it will do on the track.

Yep, guys that know their way around the track are very welcome to turn up :jap: Will be a good change for me to copy them :ph34r:

BTW Norman monday Bira?

Let's prey for dry weather but I doubt it.

:ph34r:

Yeh I'm on for Monday.

Let's hope Colin and Tony turn up eh?

Meancatdaddy with his white er6n goes offshore on Tuesday so he's out.

Are you taking the Ducati or Versys?

A few pictures from last weeks track event at the Nakhon Chaisi R2M track event, there was some great racing for those who got out there.

Winner of the Moto 3 250cc class below

5949668706_d5c81114f4_b.jpg

5949009645_28fc177429_b.jpg

And some good looking umbrella girls too!

5949052523_9a58d9c644_b.jpg

Edited by RidersCnx

If I'm not working I'll be down. Might ride down on the Blade if the weather looks good. Need to flip my rear tire on the Gixxer and the ER6 is still hurting.

Oki doki.

Hope you can make it.

Nick has bought all new protective gear and is coming down on his Versys. Ducati next time?

I've got new handle bars and have changed the oil and filter again for the fourteenth time :)

Expecting Tony to come down on his Versys :)

Hopefully the weather will hold off until after the day eh?

See you there about 10ish 11ish?

I'll sms you about the weather here when I get up. OK?

jap.gif

A few pictures from last weeks track event at the Nakhon Chaisi R2M track event, there was some great racing for those who got out there.

Winner of the Moto 3 250cc class below

5949668706_d5c81114f4_b.jpg

5949009645_28fc177429_b.jpg

And some good looking umbrella girls too!

5949052523_9a58d9c644_b.jpg

Can you make it tomorrow?cool.gif

They're sponsored by IRC Tyres on some of the bikes, are they actually using IRC tyres on them?

As the series progresses it seems fewer and fewer teams are using IRC tires. I wasn't really paying attention but noticed that Panadda Team is using Pirelli-

IMG_0956.JPG

Like many teams, Panadda seems to rebuild the engine after every race.

I saw Dunlops and Bridgestones as well... I believe there are still a couple of teams running the new softer compound IRC. I haven't read through all the rules but I believe race tires are not allowed.

Edited by BigBikeBKK