Cannot Access Certain Topics

msg362

On' best topics' today there were two titles complaining about mods I think. One was 'Censorship with CM mods just fine' the second 'Learn to bend the rules once in a while TV Mods'

I 'did not have permission to view'

Questions,

I can view all the other topics on todays listing, why can't I view these?

If these topics are banned why post them? It's just irritating

What was the point in posting them?

Usually, threads opened that discuss moderation are just closed. These ones must have gone a bit further, so were also hidden from view.

They would have got on to the "best topics" email (I assume it was an email) because that's an automatic process. Once it gets on there, the system can't stop you clicking on the link, so it just shows a "don't have permission to view" screen.

Usually, threads opened that discuss moderation are just closed. These ones must have gone a bit further, so were also hidden from view.

They would have got on to the "best topics" email (I assume it was an email) because that's an automatic process. Once it gets on there, the system can't stop you clicking on the link, so it just shows a "don't have permission to view" screen.

Thanks but maybe some changes to the system are needed?

Edited by msg362

What sort of changes would you suggest?

Once you have your email, the link in the email can't be changed. The system doesn't know that you got the link from your email.

If the thread gets hidden, the system will only know that you don't have permission to access the thread, so it will display the appropriate screen.

What sort of changes would you suggest?

Once you have your email, the link in the email can't be changed. The system doesn't know that you got the link from your email.

If the thread gets hidden, the system will only know that you don't have permission to access the thread, so it will display the appropriate screen.

Not my job to suggest, I'm no expert, but getting closed threads daft. The experts should be able to sort it out

Not my job to suggest, I'm no expert, but getting closed threads daft. The experts should be able to sort it out

Why is it daft? The thread was closed and hidden after the link to it was sent out. So it's doing exactly what it was designed to do.

If you want something else, you need to say what you want. The experts aren't mind readers.

Edited by whybother

They would have got on to the "best topics" email (I assume it was an email) because that's an automatic process.

I always thought they were hand-picked to go on the "best topics" email. Doing that would of course avoid this kind of thing - more time consuming though...