Papa Davids Closing

actiondell4

Personally i wasnt fussy over it as their staff were to find to order food.

Can anybody translate this ? as I haven't a clue what he is trying to get across ? :huh:

Staff were to hard to find to order food maybe, either way if the OP was not fussed on the place he/she must be exceptionally bored to have even started the thread.

Edited by Spoonman

Can anybody translate this ? as I haven't a clue what he is trying to get across ? :huh:

Staff were to hard to find to order food maybe, either way if the OP was not fussed on the place he/she must be exceptionally bored to have even started the thread.

Almost as bored as those troubling themselves to respond. :whistling:

Almost as bored as those troubling themselves to respond. :whistling:

Yeah im not bored, getting paid to surf the net as I have a broken finger which renders me useless out on the workshop floor is pretty cool, just won 20 million on Zynga Poker :D

At soi khao talo....nobody will miss it....almost everey day emty all day.

At jomtien....huh....this is a good running business over there...the name papa davis

is well known by expats living in and around pattaya.

They offer a good fresh breakfast and coffee.

so strange that papa davis jomtien also closes his doors....

For sure there will be some one willing to buy it....russian guys...huh....lol!!!!!!!!!!

The owner is a nice guy. I remember liking the Scandanavian breakfast with salmon. Tried some Brit food there once, a pie platter, it was not good. But I also thought of it as a fixture in Jomtien. Oh well ....

the breakfast was good in Jomtien at least .A little expensive though at around B130 or B140 ,i forget .I have since found a better place for breakfast down Jomtien beach road for B100 ,with better bread ,fresh real butter ,large rashers and beans ,given also with a smile from real girls . :D

Edited by Rimmer
Flames and homophobic name calling

Perhaps a casualty of the road construction in that area? Wouldn't be surprised.

I heard (from Thai's in the area) that it's also a casualty of the building owners raising the lease price to an unsustainable level.

If true, then expect the restaurant next door to go down too.

That's the typical problem with (Thai) building owners in Pattaya.

After the first lease period the rent increases skyhigh.......the tenant will move out and a new place nearby.

The building will remain empty for some time and a new tenant will rent the building at the same rate as what the old tenant paid.

Apart from the ridiculous rent it also may be the exorbitant keymoney that causes problems.

Apart from that, Papa David II on Soi Khao Talo was open yesterday afternoon.

Edited by saengsureeya

• 2 weeks later...