How To Remove Wife'S Sister,Husband And Kids From Land

Hi all.

My wife owns a small house up near SiSaket and holds the Chanote for it. Her sister and husband have build a small shack behind the house before this house was build, so they been staying there for app 8 years. Now my wife wants them out but they refused to move, unless we paid them 100k bath which we both refused. Her brother is living in the house but don't want to stay unless they move out as the brother in law is a real nasty asshol_e (drinking-fighting and so on).

In order to get them out without paying the 100k bath can we call the police or do we have to get a lawyer involved?? I am aware that if we have to pay them out that a lawyer is needed so we don't get shafted.

The nasty brother-in-law can claim the land after 10 uncontested years (if the land holds a real chanote). You'd only formally be safe if you sue = contested stay

I don't think the police will act until you have a court order but you could try

Negotiations are always best. Your house could easily burn down after the nasty brother-in-law has been forcefully evicted. How about 10,000 bath, then 20,000 bath and settle and have people ready to tear down the shack completely before any money is changing hands

I would find a cheap place for them to go to after leaving your land. Pay the rent for the first 3 months and offer him 10 -20,000 baht to move take it or leave it otherwise the wife , his sister is going to get a solicitor etc. If the guy has any sense he will take your hand off ;)

I would find a cheap place for them to go to after leaving your land. Pay the rent for the first 3 months and offer him 10 -20,000 baht to move take it or leave it otherwise the wife , his sister is going to get a solicitor etc. If the guy has any sense he will take your hand off ;)

No thanks they already own 9 rai of farm land app 10 km's away, so paying to this woman beater is not an option.

Well my wife and I live in Pattaya and only go up there 3-4 times a year because I am bored as hell when staying there, so my wife's brother just have to be patient and sit it out.

My advice to you personally would be to leave this well alone and not get involved yourself.

I've seen too many Westerners get involved in this kind of situation and it never winds up well for them especially as it sounds as though you're dealing with a thug. Either they wind up out of pocket or worse, their personal safety has been compromised.

Your wife is Thai and she should have the full recourse to what laws exist in this particular case.

Bankroll her by all means and get her to a good lawyer in Pattaya but then leave her and the Law to it.

My advice to you personally would be to leave this well alone and not get involved yourself.

I've seen too many Westerners get involved in this kind of situation and it never winds up well for them especially as it sounds as though you're dealing with a thug. Either they wind up out of pocket or worse, their personal safety has been compromised.

Your wife is Thai and she should have the full recourse to what laws exist in this particular case.

Bankroll her by all means and get her to a good lawyer in Pattaya but then leave her and the Law to it.

I agree with you, I bought it up here where I can be 1000% sure he will never see it :D

I am just trying to help my wife, options and so on but will stay in the background

Totally agree that the wife should be the one dealing with this but I do not agree that a good lawyer in Pattaya is needed. Why? This is standard Standard, no hot shot lawyer needed at all

But your wife should really try to negotiate first, no money before shack is demolished and paper signed. Better solution for peace of mind

Good Luck