Thailand Rejects Foreign Election Monitors

webfact

Suthep's comments might seem a bit harsh and inappropriate (they are!), but if you ask any Thai - who isn't an ardent red shirt - how they feel about foreign election monitors, you'll probably get a similar response!

From various discussions with pretty well educated Thais about condominium investment and purchasing many said they were happy for other Thais (rich) to take advantage of them and accepted it as the way Thailand is, but were indignant about foreigners doing it as wrong and immoral. :blink:

You can only laugh...

or complain on internet forums. :D

Geez my Thai wife owns three properties in Melbourne Australia and that includes the land.

That is interesting, how did she manage to fund 3 properties in another country ? As you were the one to bring this fact into this discussion I am sure you won't be offended and be happy to explain.

Quite simple really having lived and worked fulltime in Australia for 20 yrs she saved a few dollars. She worked as an Accountant (obtained her masters in Aust) bought her 1st 2 bedroom unit in her 4th year (Cash) she resided in that unit for a couple of yrs before putting it for rent and purchased a house using the unit as collateral after about 10 more years had the home paid for. She then purchased a 3rd as purely investment property which she still owes the bank about 20% which the rent from the other pay the morgage. Anything else you would like to know? Yes we met in Melbourne 8 yrs ago. oh and I have 2 properties there.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<deleted> him, does he honestly believe that foreigners respect him and other Thais

let's be honest - most guys do not come here because they 'love Thais'. I like some Thais but mostly I view them as kids - and that way I get by - if I didn't they would drive me insane with their 'superior' education, world vision and cultural understandings of world art, music and politics - I mean most Thais have no idea Thailand was with the Axis Powers in the war - no idea at all! let them be who they are - 12 year olds in their own 'bubble' - I talk of the majority of ordinary Thais not those exceptional individuals who make up about 5% and are doctors and professionals etc.

Well I don't mind what he said, because I don't respect him already since I know him in that not democratic elected cabinet.

Why is he actually afraid? That observers will see that the ruling elite are so corrupt with the elections? Well, true, I'm a Mr. Thaksin fan and hope this kind of ruling elite will soon be a historical issue. I always think like this "the system will solve itself"... a very old thought and it will always come true sooner or later :) it's a fact!

By the way Mr. Suthep, you even don't have good manners, because the word "farang" is very inpolite, but can I actually expect more from this "diplomat"? Don't think so. And beware of the fact that without foreigners in Thailand, you can better close this country due the fact it will be bankrupt. So be happy the western ATM-machines are still willing to come, although your neighbour country Malaysia is moe popular and rising due to this political instable country ruling by your elite.

Cheers!

<deleted> him, does he honestly believe that foreigners respect him and other Thais

let's be honest - most guys do not come here because they 'love Thais'. I like some Thais but mostly I view them as kids - and that way I get by - if I didn't they would drive me insane with their 'superior' education, world vision and cultural understandings of world art, music and politics - I mean most Thais have no idea Thailand was with the Axis Powers in the war - no idea at all! let them be who they are - 12 year olds in their own 'bubble' - I talk of the majority of ordinary Thais not those exceptional individuals who make up about 5% and are doctors and professionals etc.

It's fine that you say that. It wouldn't be fine for Sarkozy to say that.

It's fine that you say that. It wouldn't be fine for Sarkozy to say that.

but we know it's the 'secret' that's true right? I'm not trying to intentionally insult Thais (a la Suthept style) but...

You see this Thailand's great sadness (and weakness) they just are so arrogant. They firmly believe they do it 'best' and don't need assistance - and, of course, are frightened what a truly free and fair election - monitored - would reveal. If there is nothing to hide - what's the problem?

Precisely.

An emerging nation works in exactly the same way as an idiot. Both are aware they they exist. Both think they are smart. But an idiot, by definition is just too stupid to realise that he's not smart. Likewise this insular and plutocratic country proudly regards itself as the Einstein of the known universe.

Which is saying very little as compared to their known universe - Laos, Myanmar, Kampuchea, then the Thai nation is assuredly superior - in the same way that grade 4 schoolchildren are superior to kids in grade 3.

Thailand is a nation of children who are approaching the end of their elementary ('primary' in the UK) schooling. They are top dogs, cock of the walk, the big boys and smarter, bigger and untouchable on their own playground and with legions of smaller kids looking up to them. But can you remember what it was like when you went up to high school? To go from being the total bees knees to being the smallest and most stupid frog in the pond? Being laughed at or totally ignored? Feeling panicked, inadequate, lost and stupid out in the gigantic and scary playground with thousands of others and with you being little and lost, bottom of the pile?

Three hundred years ago Siam segregated the foreigners for very different reasons: they'd never seen any before and were suspicious. Today they alienate foreigners and pretend that farangs are unimportant and disposable because of Thailand's fear of them. In the last few decades the Thai nation has become the oldest kids on it's own elementary playground - the arrogant and cocky big boys - and that's just how they like it. They've now seen over the fence into the gigantic playground where the rest of the world has its high school and it scares the sh*t out of them. They don't want to change. Their nationalistic lips are trembling with panicky tears at the thought of being forced to leave Grade School and go off to a place where they are half the size of everyone else, physically, emotionally and intellectually and technologically.

And so they strut and flap from the security of their little school playground trying to shoo away the curious big boys on the other side of the fence, brave enough where they stand to shout insults and desperate enough to cling for their life to the playground fence, in the sheer dread that it might be collapsing.

The divide will collapse; it has to. Eventually. And the sad thing is that when it eventually does then those who are stupid, too stupid to realise how stupid they actually are, and thoughtlessly, instinctively, believe they are smart, will find an even bigger gap to bridge and with even bigger and smarter boys with far scarier toys than there used to be.

Which is why Thailand clings for grim death to what it has and knows, often appearing ridiculous to the rest of the world - and bleats about the sanctity of 'culture' and how precious it is. They are floundering on the edge of the modern world (which is oozing in torrents into their culture) but they are scared stiff to embrace it.

R

To support my points:

Vont:

Thai people are special, Thailand is special, we are special people.

Thai people are very fortunate to have a King who is like our father, and a Queen who is like our mother.

Our King and Queen are the greatest royal couple in the whole wide world.

We, the Thai people, are the greatest in the world also.

In our water, there are abundancy of fish and in our field, there are golden rice paddies.

There is no other country on this earth that can compare with our beloved Thailand.

We love our King and Queen, we love our Country and we love our religion;

Appropriate:

The Nakhon Rathchasima Rajabhat Institute, which monitors poll fraud in Thailand, estimates that candidates give a total of 20 billion baht (US$460 million) to voters in the 2001 legislative elections.

Chiangmaifun:

You see this Thailand's great sadness (and weakness) they just are so arrogant. They firmly believe they do it 'best' and don't need assistance - and, of course, are frightened what a truly free and fair election - monitored - would reveal. If there is nothing to hide - what's the problem?

TimeBandit2:

Though then it would have more brains than Sutep - who is apparently in a full "I'm more dumber than you" battle with the Peua Thai.

Truethailand:

They just dont want the outside world knowing what sh1t they are up to. Somebody must tell Mr Suthep...its too late because a lot of farangs know exactly whats happening in this 'Myanmar with paint'. Maybe thats why he detests us because we come on forums like this and tell him what a fool he really looks, to the outside world

Obercommando:

It's just the typical confused Thai identity. They want to be like us but are taught to hate and fear us as the same time.

Wlcart:

No surprise here. In my experience living in Thailand, Thai's do not care much for being challenged, observed or accounted. They basically fear others witnessing them failing in any sort of way. They see observable failing as demonstration of weakness and they lack the true confidence needed to show imperfections. Ask a Thai person any question they do not know the answer and watch them feel uncomfortable and nervous.

Pi Sek:

In my honest opinion, Thailand has never held a truly democratic "free and fair" election. For starters, the education levels traditionally mean that a lot of Thais don't actually know what a politician is or what they do.

Fma:

Spoken like a representative from an emotionally very unsecure nation.

ChiangMaiFun:

it is true that Thais are vastly arrogant actually - and hate just about anyone who is not one of 'them' and they think they are better at everything - but if you view them as 12 year olds (for the majority) then you can live here quite well

H5kaf:

Thailand is the centre of the universe and Thais are the chosen ones!!!!!!!http://static.thaivisa.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gifhttp://static.thaivi...ult/biggrin.gif

ABSOLUTELY!!!

Let us not judge the man's word's too quickly here.

How many of you posting have REAL political experience?

Okay, I know they're mostly all crooks, but pointing fingers

has never solved anything but people losing an eye.

I agree with the deputy PM's assessment as well. Western NGOs and their members are often as crooked as they come and fronts for intelligence agencies.

This kind of attitude is typical from a Banana republic minister frustrated to be so small on the international scene, what the west have to care about, it doesn't make any difference if Thailand do or say something.

It's really laughable when this moron talk about sending military support in Libya, ah yes send what!!?? No ground operation, so what!!?? their decommissioned rusty aircraft carrier maybe haha. Even troupes on the ground would be crushed easily by Qaddafi's army.

So small you are Thailand and you play arrogance!!

Woop pak dee kua Khun Suthep.

They were talking about sending military to Libya? Please tell me thats a joke, as a former Marine i would feel pretty confident invading Thailand with just a company of Marines.

That's Royal Marines I presume? :D

Suthep's comments might seem a bit harsh and inappropriate (they are!), but if you ask any Thai - who isn't an ardent red shirt - how they feel about foreign election monitors, you'll probably get a similar response!

From various discussions with pretty well educated Thais about condominium investment and purchasing many said they were happy for other Thais (rich) to take advantage of them and accepted it as the way Thailand is, but were indignant about foreigners doing it as wrong and immoral. :blink:

You can only laugh...

or complain on internet forums. :D

Geez my Thai wife owns three properties in Melbourne Australia and that includes the land.

When you say she owns 3 properties it makes me wonder what her profession is, i hope she made it in an appropriate way or from marriage. As most thai that comes to europe makes it in an inappropriate way which includes rest of the world too.

Edited by erpan

Precisely.

An emerging nation works in exactly the same way as an idiot. Both are aware they they exist. Both think they are smart. But an idiot, by definition is just too stupid to realise that he's not smart. Likewise this insular and plutocratic country proudly regards itself as the Einstein of the known universe.

Which is saying very little as compared to their known universe - Laos, Myanmar, Kampuchea, then the Thai nation is assuredly superior - in the same way that grade 4 schoolchildren are superior to kids in grade 3.

Thailand is a nation of children who are approaching the end of their elementary ('primary' in the UK) schooling. They are top dogs, cock of the walk, the big boys and smarter, bigger and untouchable on their own playground and with legions of smaller kids looking up to them. But can you remember what it was like when you went up to high school? To go from being the total bees knees to being the smallest and most stupid frog in the pond? Being laughed at or totally ignored? Feeling panicked, inadequate, lost and stupid out in the gigantic and scary playground with thousands of others and with you being little and lost, bottom of the pile?

Three hundred years ago Siam segregated the foreigners for very different reasons: they'd never seen any before and were suspicious. Today they alienate foreigners and pretend that farangs are unimportant and disposable because of Thailand's fear of them. In the last few decades the Thai nation has become the oldest kids on it's own elementary playground - the arrogant and cocky big boys - and that's just how they like it. They've now seen over the fence into the gigantic playground where the rest of the world has its high school and it scares the sh*t out of them. They don't want to change. Their nationalistic lips are trembling with panicky tears at the thought of being forced to leave Grade School and go off to a place where they are half the size of everyone else, physically, emotionally and intellectually and technologically.

And so they strut and flap from the security of their little school playground trying to shoo away the curious big boys on the other side of the fence, brave enough where they stand to shout insults and desperate enough to cling for their life to the playground fence, in the sheer dread that it might be collapsing.

The divide will collapse; it has to. Eventually. And the sad thing is that when it eventually does then those who are stupid, too stupid to realise how stupid they actually are, and thoughtlessly, instinctively, believe they are smart, will find an even bigger gap to bridge and with even bigger and smarter boys with far scarier toys than there used to be.

Which is why Thailand clings for grim death to what it has and knows, often appearing ridiculous to the rest of the world - and bleats about the sanctity of 'culture' and how precious it is. They are floundering on the edge of the modern world (which is oozing in torrents into their culture) but they are scared stiff to embrace it.

R

To support my points:

Vont:

Thai people are very fortunate to have a King who is like our father, and a Queen who is like our mother.

In our water, there are abundancy of fish and in our field, there are golden rice paddies.

There is no other country on this earth that can compare with our beloved Thailand.

Appropriate:

The Nakhon Rathchasima Rajabhat Institute, which monitors poll fraud in Thailand, estimates that candidates give a total of 20 billion baht (US$460 million) to voters in the 2001 legislative elections.

Chiangmaifun:

TimeBandit2:

Though then it would have more brains than Sutep - who is apparently in a full "I'm more dumber than you" battle with the Peua Thai.

Truethailand:

They just dont want the outside world knowing what sh1t they are up to. Somebody must tell Mr Suthep...its too late because a lot of farangs know exactly whats happening in this 'Myanmar with paint'. Maybe thats why he detests us because we come on forums like this and tell him what a fool he really looks, to the outside world

Obercommando:

It's just the typical confused Thai identity. They want to be like us but are taught to hate and fear us as the same time.

Wlcart:

No surprise here. In my experience living in Thailand, Thai's do not care much for being challenged, observed or accounted. They basically fear others witnessing them failing in any sort of way. They see observable failing as demonstration of weakness and they lack the true confidence needed to show imperfections. Ask a Thai person any question they do not know the answer and watch them feel uncomfortable and nervous.

Pi Sek:

In my honest opinion, Thailand has never held a truly democratic "free and fair" election. For starters, the education levels traditionally mean that a lot of Thais don't actually know what a politician is or what they do.

Fma:

ChiangMaiFun:

it is true that Thais are vastly arrogant actually - and hate just about anyone who is not one of 'them' and they think they are better at everything - but if you view them as 12 year olds (for the majority) then you can live here quite well

H5kaf:

Thailand is the centre of the universe and Thais are the chosen ones!!!!!!!http://static.thaivisa.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gifhttp://static.thaivi...ult/biggrin.gif

true and accurate post but the mods might chop it - some things we cannot discuss

Reading some of my young Thai niece's schoolbooks it's no wonder they end up which such a twisted xenophobic view of reality. Taught (indoctrinated) from a very young age how special the Thai people are compared to everyone else. :(

Such a pity that such a beautiful country has such a high % of simpleminded fools populating it.

The same can be said for many, if not all, countries and nationalites... unfortunately. (Many) US citizens think ther're the best because... (Many) Englis think ther're the best because... (Many) Europeans think ther're the best because... (Many) Japanese think ther're the best because... the list is endless... it's not just the Thais.

Precisely.

R

To support my points:

Vont:

Appropriate:

Chiangmaifun:

TimeBandit2:

Truethailand:

Obercommando:

Wlcart:

Pi Sek:

Fma:

ChiangMaiFun:

H5kaf:

Wow, that's some hard core blanket statement diatribe......but I agree to most of it. :jap:

Reading some of my young Thai niece's schoolbooks it's no wonder they end up which such a twisted xenophobic view of reality. Taught (indoctrinated) from a very young age how special the Thai people are compared to everyone else. :(

Such a pity that such a beautiful country has such a high % of simpleminded fools populating it.

The same can be said for many, if not all, countries and nationalites... unfortunately. (Many) US citizens think ther're the best because... (Many) Englis think ther're the best because... (Many) Europeans think ther're the best because... (Many) Japanese think ther're the best because... the list is endless... it's not just the Thais.

The 'Englis', as you call us, are no direct comparison, or the Americans and any other developed nation - we might not be in our mid-30s but we are out of junior school at least! you ask any 'typical Thai' some questions?

but... don't mention the War...! they will say 'what war? and REALLY don't mention Thailand were allied to the Axis Powers - they would think you were talking about their Trucks wheel system!

Edited by ChiangMaiFun

monitors don't have to be "the westerners", they might be from asean or from any other country in the world.

as suthep does not respect westerners, than equally the westerners should not respect this corrupt and ignorant military put government.

decline all proposal for observers - the right step to stay put in an authoritarian form of government thailand always was.

anyway, general elections are sham and show for the poor, if there is no an alternative political force to the present socio-economic system

How does this guy always get his facts wrong about this government... all the MPs were legally elected whatever party they represent as by the constitution which Thaksin altered to suit himself but backfired......... its the MPs that voted in Abhisit... its because of the coalition that we have so much political corruption, lets hope one party manages to gain a majority after this coming election and stop the political blackmail that seems to be rife in Thai politics... lets just hope that winning party does not contain Jutaporn.. ( can someone send him a court jesters outfit ) Myself.... I like Newin.. but I dinna have a vote...

"I don't respect 'farangs'. We

do not have to surrender to them"

the Great Suthet speaks! Abisit would be so much better off without this loose canon ball - what a diplomat! maybe a candidate for the UN Chair?

PS he forget's his boss is an British Passport Holder and his education was in the place 'he doesn't respect'

and some other quite prominent Thais, who demand total respect, were born and educated in farangland

ermmm... you mean the Prime Minister? the best Doctors? the best Professors? the best Dentists? surely not? and I'm sure Suthept has NEVER used any of them???

OH NO he's a Thai!!! he doesn't respect farangs!!!

GOOD to see a thai with a set af balls..

The majority of westeners who visit have no respect for the thais or themselves.

The western way is pthetic, coming from the uk im ashamed of my country and the way

we and our allies rape, pillage and bribe poorer countries to get their oil,minerals,gems and gold..

About time someone stuck their finger up at us...

RESPECT to him...

I personally haven't raped, pillaged or stolen from anyone. I abide by the laws here, and I support a Thai family. Do I still deserve the finger? You obviously have very low self-esteem if you feel you do. Maybe you did something wrong.

I believe that's what we call 'generalising'

I believe i said majority of people.Dnt re call individualising anybody in my post. hmmmm

I said the western way is pathetic, but no matter where we live its our history, truth hurts sometimes

but i have no problem saying im ashamed, i too have balls lol..

Yes many fallang live in thailand and respect there way of life and more, respect to them

(gee that would include you as an individual) .

But like i said i wasnt talking about the minority , believe i said it was the western way..

not one guy lol...

I plan to move their myself soon ..

im not here to make personal judgements on members..

jst answered the post with my opinion..

thanks for your reply and personal thoughts on the topic, and myself..

respect

I totally agree.. The Thai have no clue about the rest of the world or life as it once was.. That is called HISTORY..

From the days of Abraham to Jesus, to Mohammed, to all these new in your face religions and leaders.. I ask one college kid if she knew of Ghandi, WWI and II as well as the Beatles Jagger, and Frank Sinatra.. She never heard of anyone or any time.. I call most of them just simply put.. BRAINDEAD

All elections are bought here. It is the greatest unspoken joke in Thailand. Always funny to me to see all the bar girls head back to Isan to get their 500 baht for voting. It appears to me that the red shirts, with Takki funding them, would have the best chance of winning. However since both sides are buying votes...

...we are looking at true democracy.

:lol:

I live up North and in my wife family there are doctors and one professor and many nurses and teacher some with masters degree they are ALL RED

and none of them are holding their hands out and they been waiting for an election for a long time. In this forum there is lots of assumption from people living in Bangkok

sorry to tell you there are 5 times more people living outside of Bangkok and the masses live in the country.For me was always a mystery why not call an election earlier and

all of this bloodshed maybe could have been avoided.To me it does not make any difference there be alway be Farang prices and we will be always be discriminated against

no matter who wins or looses.

Ummmmm, I guess you missed it, but the PM, Mr. Abhisit, offered early elections - BEFORE the bloodshed. It was at a little conference with 3 Red leaders and was on all the TV stations live. He made the offer, the Red reps were stunned - speechless. Suddenly a Red leaders phone rang, someone on the other end obviously told them NOOOOOOOOO, and that was that.

btw, thanks to mikenyork in post #220 for the translation, which not many people have commented on. It certainly cleans up Suthep's comments a bit. Seems like it might have been the original reporter and not Suthep who used the word "farang".

Edited by Netfan

It is so nice to hear a member of Thai government finally admit to the press. "Suthep: "I don't respect 'farangs'. We

So, then what is he going to do next, if we are still coming to his country as tourists, spending money here, etc.

When he travels abroad to a western country, I would love to see a westerner spit in his face and tell him," I don't respect Thai's, either now get back on your plane and go back to Thailand".

Thailand surrendered to the Japanese P.D.Q in 1941. Oh, they're not farangs. Wait a bit. Who did the Japanese surrender to? Didn't the Japanese also think that they were so much more superior?

BTW How much foreign aid does Thailand soak up? Who invented and supplies all the technology that Thailand enjoys?

I hope that all the farang Ambassadors cross this moron off the invite list next time they hold a shindig - paid for by farang taxes. That should please him no end, not having to share a room with the representatives of people that he doesn't respect..

Edited by Bagwan

True, in every country you will find people who think their country is the best in the world, ....dangerous and ignorant people.

It is so nice to hear a member of Thai government finally admit to the press. "Suthep: "I don't respect 'farangs'. We

So, then what is he going to do next, if we are still coming to his country as tourists, spending money here, etc.

When he travels abroad to a western country, I would love to see a westerner spit in his face and tell him," I don't respect Thai's, either now get back on your plane and go back to Thailand".

Thailand surrendered to the Japanese P.D.Q in 1941. Oh, they're not farangs. Wait a bit. Who did the Japanese surrender to? Didn't the Japanese also think that they were so much more superior?

BTW How much foreign aid does Thailand soak up? Who invented and supplies all the technology that Thailand enjoys?

I hope that all the farang Ambassadors cross this moron off the invite list next time they hold a shindig - paid for by farang taxes. That should please him no end, not having to share a room with the representatives of people that he doesn't respect..

and tell Tescos, Toyota, Big C, Boots and ALL the Embassies - and destroy his collections (which he UNDOUBTEDLY has) of Shakespeare, Mozart, Michaelangelo and all the other 'rubbish' that farangs have produced over the centuries - and show us all the great cultural 'contributions' the Thai's have produced to the world's libraries, art gallery's and museums.

I doubt they'll do any such thing, since they'll know what he actually said, which is not offensive at all, and not just read this trolltastic article

When I see statements like this, especially from someone who should know better, I merely shake my head and laugh. To me it really doesn’t matter if his statement is just something personal, or whether it resonates throughout the Thai mentality.

I live here because I choose to. I have a better life here than I could back in the U.S., and for the most part I truly like the Thai people and get along well with them, with only 1 exception coming to mind. I have a wonderful wife whose entire family has whole-heartedly accepted me, love me, and most importantly, respect me. No one thinks of me as any type of “walking ATM”, and only once has a family member asked to borrow money, and that was when she was in Ubon and needed to get back to Chiang Mai as fast as possible because her father was deathly ill. Two months later she repaid the money, even though I made it clear to her at the time that she didn’t need to.

Yes, there are attitudes and beliefs in Thailand that could, and sometimes do, boggle the mind if you let them, but for the most part I simply shrug them off and go about my life, enjoying myself and what I have.

I am far from blind to the many problems of Thailand, from the attitude of superiority over others, to the corruption that has filled every nook and cranny of Thai society, to the lack of acceptance of blame for anything that goes wrong, and the soul quaking fear that they might have to actually apologize for anything, thereby losing face. I am also well aware of the fact that their educational system is a total joke and would be one of the first things I would change – IF I had the power and authority to do so.

But I also know that nothing I (or any other non-Thai) say or do is going to make one iota of difference in this country. What would it take to make the Thai wake up to the “real world” and change their attitudes? Major, foreign owned companies pulling out, for starters, followed by ALL foreigners packing up and taking their money with them. Follow that with a boycott on Thai exports, and all travel agencies putting Thailand on a “Do not visit” list. Only then, when their economy totally and completely crashes, and there are Egyptian, Tunisian and Libyan type “revolutions” will this country wake up and smell the coffee.

Unfortunately, none of the above will ever happen, which means that Thailand will continue to be Thailand. Well, the revolutions against the corrupt government could happen, but with the ‘mai pen rai’ attitude so deeply embedded in the general population, I don’t see it as a reality.

So, I live my life each day as best as I can, doing the things I want and like to do, well aware of what my “limitations” are as a “guest” of this country, and simply laugh at the xenophobic racism, and outright stupidity that I see exhibited so much of the time by the so-called leaders of this country.

All elections are bought here. It is the greatest unspoken joke in Thailand. Always funny to me to see all the bar girls head back to Isan to get their 500 baht for voting. It appears to me that the red shirts, with Takki funding them, would have the best chance of winning. However since both sides are buying votes...

...we are looking at true democracy.

:lol:

You mean debauchery don't you ?:annoyed:

That thai person is far from being buddhist. all of us knows the monk do not separate us people because of what nationality they have and they are nice to all nationalities. Cause they see trough the illusion and see that we all are universal brothers.

So this thai Suthep is just an ignorant fool and cannot call him self to be a genuine buddhist cause he is not.

I think if the case of return to "red" power here, you would get similar (or maybe even worse) xenophobic rhetoric from the government. The reds are out of power so that want to shake things up. Back in power, they would be similarly hostile to being shaken.

Edited by Jingthing