Earthquake In Cm

jayjayjayjay

It is still shakin.

Bottles and windows rattled, nothing more than a sway.

5 minutes past and nothing on:

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/

update:

MAP 7.0 2011/03/24 13:55:36 20.898 99.883 229.4 MYANMAR

It was quite a gentle roll in Chiangmai. A few whistles were heard as they cleared high rise buildings. A friend called to say the 10th floor Rim Ping Condo was swaying quite a bit. At ground level it was not significant shake.

Hope those around the epicenter are OK, that must have been some shake.

post-41977-0-12018600-1300976276_thumb.p

Edited by jayjayjayjay

this is my fourth one in Chiang Mai - last one though a few years ago was much stronger and was recorded on my security cam - first the sound like something rolled over the house and imidiatly followed by the shaking.

Phone lines mobile and landlines where down until a minute ago...???

About 2 minutes of swaying building in Thonglor area, only 12 floor, biggest I've ever experienced in my 10 year stay here..first ever I think..but not as big as the 8.9 Richter I experienced in Jakarta once.

How could it be 2 minutes in Bangkok and 10 seconds in Chiang Mai when the epicenter is north of Chiang Mai?

Felt slight movement at my desk (on thaivisa) and noticed swaying of window blinds and desk lamps.

I am in Udon, about 250 miles from epicentre (rough math).

Reported it on USGS website.

Edited by NanLaew

Yep, I just returned to my building. I was watching a video and room starts swaying. I headed for the stairs, along with everyone else in the building.

I experienced a tremor once before in BKK, around 2004 or 05...

About 2 minutes of swaying building in Thonglor area, only 12 floor, biggest I've ever experienced in my 10 year stay here..first ever I think..but not as big as the 8.9 Richter I experienced in Jakarta once.

How could it be 2 minutes in Bangkok and 10 seconds in Chiang Mai when the epicenter is north of Chiang Mai?

And how come I felt it and observed it at my desk whilst the family watching television in the next room reckon I was imagining it (they felt nothing)?

Don't start a discussion on plate tectonics, physics, geology and geophysics unless you know what you are talking about.

digital banana was on the 12th floor, there's a clue for you!

Not felt at Onnut.

What is quite shocking is how many earthquakes around 5.0 happen every day off of the East coast of Japan! http://earthquake.us...quakes_all.html

I'm on the 20th floor at On Nut Lumpini condo and I could feel the building swaying for about 2 minutes.

My first earthquake experience too; very strange feeling.

huh.gif