Afghanistan, Iran condemn Quran burning in US

News_Editor

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many people who DO see a real and dangerous clash between the core values of the Muslim world and the west are often cowed into acting like there isn't, to appear tolerant and PC. Religious freedom is great, but not so great when a religion pushes into other people, not to mention how Muslims treat their fellow religionists who want to CONVERT out of Islam (often by murdering them). So who's winning?

below what they think about in Thailand about these Muslims you and others here are so afraid of.

Remarks by H.E. Mr. Kasit Piromya Minister of Foreign Affairs of Thailand, at the Conference on “The Role of ASEAN Masjid in Sustainable Human Development” February 2011, Bangkok

Islam has long been a part of Thailand. Historical evidences show that the Islamic faith has been introduced to the Kingdom during the Sukhothai Period, some 750 years ago. And the Arab-Muslim traders later started to settle in Thailand (Siam) since the 13th century.

Our first mosque, the first Masjid - Masjid Ta’kiayokin was built by Sheikh Ahmad, the first Chularajmontri (Sheikhul Islam) in the Era of Ayutthaya Kingdom. The title “Chularajmontri” or Advisor to the King for Islamic Affairs has been bestowed to leaders of Thai Muslim community since the Ayutthaya Period and continues to the present day.

These days, we have 8 million-plus Thai Muslims who live, work and worship freely across the country. And we have almost 4,000 Masjid which serve Muslim communities nationwide.

Today, our nation is strengthened by millions of Thai Muslims. Their contributions to the country are extensive. They help build Thailand at all levels and in all spectra of society. Muslims are successful in the government sector and in business, in the civil society and in the media, in science and in medicine, in universities and faith-based organizations.

We are proud to have Muslims in senior leadership positions, who served as Speaker of the Parliament, as Foreign Minister, as Commander-in-Chief of the Army, as President of the Supreme Administrative Court, and as Members of the Parliament. And we are proud to have our Muslim communities to serve as our linkages with Muslim communities around the world.

With long historical ties, Thailand is now working hard to increase our engagement with the Islamic world.

At present, we have dynamic relations with Muslim-majority states around the world, from our neighboring countries in Southeast Asia to South Asia, from the Middle East to Central Asia and from Africa including Sub-Sahara to Southern Europe.

Thailand currently maintains 19 embassies and 5 career consulates-general in Muslim countries. The latest one is the Royal Thai Embassy in Tripoli, Libya which has operated since 2009.

On my part, since taking up office, one of my top priorities is advancing cooperation with all Muslim nations. Our goal is to seek a deep and enduring relationship,to broaden engagement and enhance cooperation, to build economic partnership and to reach out to the global Muslim community or the Islamic Ummah in a spirit of friendship and mutual respect.

Another important issue that Thailand has been working closely with Muslim countries is the fight against Islamophobia. The growing prejudices, misperception and intolerance of Islam, I believe, are challenges for all. Thailand therefore always takes a strong stand against this disturbing phenomenon.

http://www.thaiembassy.sg/announcements/remarks-by-he-mr-kasit-piromya-minister-of-foreign-affairs-of-thailand-at-the-conferen

[

below what they think about in Thailand about these Muslims you and others here are so afraid of.

Maybe you need to read a Bangkok Post about what is happening in Southern Thailand. :whistling:

I think FM Kasit knows that something is happening in the South but he don't become a Muslim basher. :whistling:

The Iran-Iraq war was the culmination of long held rivalries between Sunni and Shiite, Arab and Farsi.

i suggest some basic education by googling Shat al-Arab!

Do you realize that you just substantiated my point? The dispute over that waterway dates back centuries. It was the Iranians that started the armed confontations in the 1980's as they sought to claim a region that the Iranians saw as theirs. What do you call the Iranian occupation of 3 islands that belong to the UAE? What do you call Iran's invasion of Azerbajian in 1946? The key events of Shi'ite identity all took place in Iraq. Ali was assassinated near Najaf, where the city rose around his shrine. Hussein died at Karbala, which then became the twin holy city to Najaf. Iran as the primary Shiite state sees itself as the leader of the Shiite community against the Sunni majority.

Instead of telling me to google something, why don't you go back goggle the subject yourself. The fact remains that the Iranian position on the Koran burner is hypocritical andan attempt to call for the death of people for an act that is hardly a capital offense outside the muslim world.

The 1975 Algiers Accord and its abrogation by Iraq served as the immediate basis for the war between Iran and Iraq. Iraq attacked Iran after dismissing the treaty. The Accord itself rolled up the historical tribal conflict and served as its basis for resolution.

The Iran-Iraq war was the culmination of long held rivalries between Sunni and Shiite, Arab and Farsi.

i suggest some basic education by googling Shat al-Arab!

Do you realize that you just substantiated my point? The dispute over that waterway dates back centuries. It was the Iranians that started the armed confontations in the 1980's as they sought to claim a region that the Iranians saw as theirs. What do you call the Iranian occupation of 3 islands that belong to the UAE? What do you call Iran's invasion of Azerbajian in 1946? The key events of Shi'ite identity all took place in Iraq. Ali was assassinated near Najaf, where the city rose around his shrine. Hussein died at Karbala, which then became the twin holy city to Najaf. Iran as the primary Shiite state sees itself as the leader of the Shiite community against the Sunni majority.

Instead of telling me to google something, why don't you go back goggle the subject yourself.

Maybe geriatrickid is not the one that needs some "basic education".

av-11672.gif

the "waterways" and "rivalries between Sunni and Shiite, Arab and Farsi". so the 90% Shias who live in the Shat al-Arab area have century old rivalries with Iraqi Sunnis and that's why Saddam attacked Iran.

thanks for educating me :jap:

Edited by Naam

A speech by a politician. They would never BS or stretch the truth. :whistling:

I have no doubt that Thailands foreign policy seeks friendly relationships with Muslim countries.

For haters might that difficult to understand. I think Kasit meant these people when he spoke of Islamophobia, growing prejudices, misperception and intolerance of Islam.

I have no doubt that Thailands foreign policy seeks friendly relationships with Muslim countries.

For haters might that difficult to understand. I think Kasit meant these people when he spoke of Islamophobia, growing prejudices, misperception and intolerance of Islam.

Absolutely, this is why not so long ago they kidnapped, killed and robbed rich business man.

Or perhaps looking to establish great relations through the medical system by over charging.

Absolutely, this is why not so long ago they kidnapped, killed and robbed rich business man.

Or perhaps looking to establish great relations through the medical system by over charging.

Who is they?

And if you don't like "them" - just say it.

Who is they?

Since you were talking about Thailand, 'they" would be Thailand

Who is they?

Since you were talking about Thailand, 'they" would be Thailand

So what you wanna say? Thailands foreign policy is to kidnap, kill and rob rich business men and over charging Muslims in the medical system?

So what you wanna say? Thailands foreign policy is to kidnap, kill and rob rich business men and over charging Muslims in the medical system?

Well you tell me, you are the google wiz

The murders have gone unsolved, stolen items appeared in possession of high ranked government officials, government has not made any effort to mediate dispute with the UEA and Bangkok Hospital.

So what do you think the policy is?

Your problem is called superiority complex, xenophobia, hatred or fear of foreigners or strangers or ethnic/racial groups that are foreign/strange to you and of their politics or culture.

Its not a policy, nor an opinion -its a hate crime.

Edited by bangkokeddy

Your problem is called superiority complex, xenophobia, hatred or fear of foreigners or strangers or ethnic/racial groups that are foreign/strange to you and of their politics or culture.

Its not a policy, nor an opinion -its a hate crime.

If you referring to me, i was not aware i had a problem, but thank you for you to identify it. I guess you are speaking from personal experience

At least burn it in a woodstove - where it can do some good - maybe warm up a house, or toast a piece of bread.

Reminds me of the little story: there was a gold-covered Buddha statue (could be a Jesus statue or an Islamic holy relic) where people went to pay homage by putting candles nearby - as a sign of reverence. One woman wanted to put her candle as close to the statue's face as possible, to show her zeal of devotion - and even fashioned a tin pipe so the heat from her candle would go right to the statue's face. A little while later, the statue had a black nose.

By making a big fuss, Iranian clerics are drawing worldwide attention to something they wish wasn't happening. They're blackening Muhammad's nose.

Did Iran or Karzai speak out when the Taliban destroyed the 3 ancient Buddhas at the designated world heritage site? Did the condemn the desecration?

Yes. they did.

No they did not. Mr. Karzai didn't get all hysterical in public over the event. Nor did the Iranian government from its President to its PM or to its "elected" legislators condemn the act. Please cite the time and place where the President or PM of Iran at the time of the incident condemned the acts and demanded "justice". I will gladly acknowledge your point if you can show which Ayatolleh, PM or President called for "justice".

Did Iran or Karzai speak out when the Taliban destroyed the 3 ancient Buddhas at the designated world heritage site? Did the condemn the desecration?

Yes. they did.

No they did not. Mr. Karzai didn't get all hysterical in public over the event. Nor did the Iranian government from its President to its PM or to its "elected" legislators condemn the act. Please cite the time and place where the President or PM of Iran at the time of the incident condemned the acts and demanded "justice". I will gladly acknowledge your point if you can show which Ayatolleh, PM or President called for "justice".

World appeals to Taleban to stop destroying statues

In Tehran, Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Hamid Reza Assefi condemned the decision.

"Unfortunately, the Taleban's destruction of the statues has cast doubt on the comprehensive views offered by Islamic ideology in the world," he said, according to the official Islamic Republic News Agency. "Clearly, the world's Muslims pin the blame on the rigid-minded Taleban."

http://web.archive.org/web/20071224155700/http://archives.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/asiapcf/central/03/03/afghan.buddhas.03/index.html