Lao Girl Cut In Half By Fleeing Stolen Porsche: Thai Police

webfact

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put 2 and 2 together.

The car was NOT stolen.

Anyone wealthy enough to own a Porsche...

... is wealthy enough to make the ...

... problem go away...

(My guess)

This is the last you have heard of this story in the news.

Nobody goes around stealing a Porsche in Thailand.

I have to agree with this guy.

Second.

Out of interest just popped next door and asked the guys in the Porsche workshop how easy it is to steal a Porsche. Their answer was that unless its over 12 years old you need a low loader...........or the key.

I was just about to comment about that. Who can jack a modern made Porsche? And what Thai trying to naa yai would own an old one?

Surely someone, somewhere has some idea of who was driving the car?? Or am I just being naive?? The poor girl, may she rest in peace, and the driver? May he rot in hell

And as luck would have it, no one could identity the person who fled and not 1 of the 10 billion CCTV cams in the area recorded anything.

How does a body get 'cut in half' when hit by a car?

What a strange question :unsure:. DO YOU WANT A RE-ENACTMENT. Sheeesh.:realangry:

Settle down, Ace.

No, I don't want a re-enactment. I've never heard of someone being cut in half after being hit by a car---certainly being run over, but not hit. Keep in mind that the top half of the body actually ended up inside the car.

As far as I'm concerned, the question is not strange, but the result of this accident is.

Edited by up-country_sinclair

I know the place where it happened, it's just down the road from our home. A wide, straight and fast road with few to no pedestrian crossing places, poor girl (hopefully) never knew what hit her. RIP :(

I too subscribe to the 'not really stolen' school, hopefully the real culprit will be found and dealt with.

Yes that happened opposite my previous village. Must have been flying not to avoid the girl. Was just on the news - red plate white porsche. Wonder what the timing on reporting this car 'stolen' and the accident. Hopefully the a-hole gets caught and goes down for this. Hopefully..

RIP poor girl.

This may be a related incident or maybe not but the Thai TV star called 'Porsche' was speeding on Rajapreuk road in Bangkok and hit a young girl breaking her neck and arms earlier today.

Well the end of Ratchapreuk road joins 345 road and is only a few kms from this second tragedy. What are the details or this first accident?

Out of interest just popped next door and asked the guys in the Porsche workshop how easy it is to steal a Porsche. Their answer was that unless its over 12 years old you need a low loader...........or the key.

I agree. As someone said, I hope the media follow up on this one. Will be interesting to see how the BIB react to it.

jb1

An after thought. Surely even when putting it on a low loader, they would be setting off alarms + it would no doubt have a tracker fitted?

jb1

Edited by jimbeam1

I know the place where it happened, it's just down the road from our home. A wide, straight and fast road with few to no pedestrian crossing places, poor girl (hopefully) never knew what hit her. RIP :(

I too subscribe to the 'not really stolen' school, hopefully the real culprit will be found and dealt with.

Yes that happened opposite my previous village. Must have been flying not to avoid the girl. Was just on the news - red plate white porsche. Wonder what the timing on reporting this car 'stolen' and the accident. Hopefully the a-hole gets caught and goes down for this. Hopefully..

RIP poor girl.

My sincere condolences to this poor woman's family, if they even know about this tragedy.

I am inclined to agree with posters who suspect this expensive and rare car was being driven by it's owner or his son or daughter.Thieves prefer dime a dozen Fortuners and Camrys, not so obvious.

In most western police jurisdictions this crime might not be too hard to solve. Identify owner, ask questions do some detective work,get a suspect, make an arrest.

Here it's probably a matter of the police going round to some rich "poo yai's" place and waaiing him, asking a few stupid questions, then the matter is dropped. (DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?)Money changes hands. Case closed, lack of evidence. :angry:

What a strange question :unsure:. DO YOU WANT A RE-ENACTMENT. Sheeesh.:realangry:

Settle down, Ace.

No, I don't want a re-enactment. I've never heard of someone being cut in half after being hit by a car---certainly being run over, but not hit. Keep in mind that the top half of the body actually ended up inside the car.

As far as I'm concerned, the question is not strange, but the result of this accident is.

if you figure how hard the impact was for the upper part of the body to go through the windscreen then its quite probable that the body was severed by by the roof windscreen joint. At a lower speed the result would have been to hit the windscreen and go over the roof.

I agree. As someone said, I hope the media follow up on this one. Will be interesting to see how the BIB react to it.

jb1

An after thought. Surely even when putting it on a low loader, they would be setting off alarms + it would no doubt have a tracker fitted?

jb1

For sure. They simply meant unless your going to take the wheels of the ground it won't go anywhere without the keyfob programmed to the car.

Could have been stolen by any of the following: mechanic, detailer, employee at car lot or sales lot (maybe the car was new), associate/friend of owner, etc, etc. A little too early to come to conclusions.

Nonetheless, you're all probably right. Statistically, it likely was the owner. If so, and the police let him go with a "thick handshake", then that is the definition of a third world country.

Very disappointing that the Thai media blindly took over the "stolen runaway Porsche" story. It is the beginning of the cover-up.

It seems like Thais had their outrage quotas filled by the Na-Ayuthaya girl a few months ago. Another story that quietly faded away..

Very disappointing that the Thai media blindly took over the "stolen runaway Porsche" story. It is the beginning of the cover-up.

It seems like Thais had their outrage quotas filled by the Na-Ayuthaya girl a few months ago. Another story that quietly faded away..

I also wondered about that and went back and checked, nothing new there it seems.

Posted Today, 18:44

The Thai police were pursuing a stolen car? I doubt it, that would require detective work, communication, and some something better than a Honda wave.

"There can only be one." Duncan MacLeod

So True mate ,so true !

Settle down, Ace.

I have seen the pics [on Thai site] as they were linked around the office. She was torn in two. It happens with soft tissue and hard partial impact.

Speculation: Her head and upper shoulder goes through the windshield and into the car...body jacknives against roof (the edge is a thin surface) she is torn...

Horrific.

But I disagree with everyone's class-war assertion that the car wasn't stolen/fake-stolen. What proof will satisfy you, a CCTV and filed report? Weeks ago? Until proven otherwise, that is what happened.

what about fingerprints in the car? Match with whom? The driver may be traceable through DNA from the girl as well.

Yes, an easy conclusion. Finger print the wheel, doors etc and '' perhaps '' eliminate :rolleyes: the owner.

Really sad, such a horrific accident.

Just a reminder to all of us, crossing the street in Thailand is somewhat dangerous, so: 1) Pay attention, 2) turn off the cell phone, and 3) Look both ways-then look again.

Really sad, such a horrific accident.

Just a reminder to all of us, crossing the street in Thailand is somewhat dangerous, so: 1) Pay attention, 2) turn off the cell phone, and 3) Look both ways-then look again.

When I was taught, they didn't tell us about the cell phone.

what about fingerprints in the car? Match with whom? The driver may be traceable through DNA from the girl as well.

Yes, an easy conclusion. Finger print the wheel, doors etc and '' perhaps '' eliminate :rolleyes: the owner.

From even a Thai policing perspective you eliminate the owner when you can prove he was somewhere else, you keep an open mind if the car was reported stolen prior to the accident.

Agree, the owner is most likely driving the car. Report car theft is typical excuse used. On the other hand, it is also possible that the poor girl ran into the super fast car thinking she had enough time to get to the other side. An accident really.

I'm wondering if this was the same brand new red 911 that went flying past me on the outer ring road of Viphavadi a week or so ago. He was driving like a lunatic, for me to say that he had to be driving like one...

Obviously it seemed like he'd just picked up his new toy from F1 probably which is just up the road, can't be too many brand new red 911's around...

Edit: Thinking back now I wonder if it was a test drive :o ??

Poor young lady and my heart goes to her family who she was also probably supporting back home..

Edited by WarpSpeed

1. Political posts have been deleted. This is not the place for you to bring that up, don't do it again.

2. Absolutely disgusting off topic post and response to that post have been deleted. Suggest you keep those kinds of stories to yourself, thanks.

YOU SHUT UP RIGHT NOW!

We'll have NOTHING to do with logic, common sense or real forensic investigating around here.

Was the car reported stolen prior to the hit and run or after?

Who reported it stolen and which cell tower (where) picked up the signal of the call?

Where was the owner and with whom, before during and after?

From where was the car stolen?

What is it with this board and common sense?

You guys were supposed to leave that at the airport when you got here.

But since you brought it up, I'd wager a lot of money not one of those EXCELLENT questions was asked, just a figure prints probably won't be taken from the car or any CCTV footage used to get a glimpse of the driver who fled. And if any of it does come to light, money will make it slip right back into the darkness.

Found a bit in the Thai media about it.

The victim was a 17 year old Lao girl who had recently come to the area to work with her aunt selling grilled chicken. She was out buying noodles when the crash happened as she was crossing the road.

After the crash the driver sped away, parking the car 10 km away and waited in the car for 5-10 minutes before getting out, locking it and hailing a taxi. His shirt was described as blood-spattered.

Witnesses say the driver was male (aged 20-25) and in a student's uniform (white shirt and black trousers).

There doesn't appear to be any mention of the car having been stolen.

Wonder if it's a another Praewa in the making?

RIP

http://www.manager.co.th/Crime/ViewNews.aspx?NewsID=9540000038339

http://76.nationchannel.com/playvideo.php?id=142433