Suthep And His Comment On Farangs

PingManDan

He does not want foreign election monitors.

Why?

Because the Democrats and Yellows are a minority in Thailand and can't win an election.

Him and his Army cohorts want to manipulate the election... and if the lose AGAIN, they can say the election was crooked.

Thaksin paid for the vote he will cry.....The yellow mob will appear and chaos as usual will ensue, a coup, rulings by a crooked court ..on and on and on. How many coups in the last few decades? 20?

Face it, there is an overwhelming majority of rural poor, that are now organized and that want to take the country in a different direction and the elite ruling class is desperate.

Recall the yellows proposal that the poor get 1/2 vote?

Peoples Alliance for Democracy want to give their fellow countrymen 1/2 vote! Unbelievable.

He does not want foreign election monitors.

Why?

Because the Democrats and Yellows are a minority in Thailand and can't win an election.

Him and his Army cohorts want to manipulate the election... and if the lose AGAIN, they can say the election was crooked.

Thaksin paid for the vote he will cry.....The yellow mob will appear and chaos as usual will ensue, a coup, rulings by a crooked court ..on and on and on. How many coups in the last few decades? 20?

Face it, there is an overwhelming majority of rural poor, that are now organized and that want to take the country in a different direction and the elite ruling class is desperate.

Recall the yellows proposal that the poor get 1/2 vote?

Peoples Alliance for Democracy want to give their fellow countrymen 1/2 vote! Unbelievable.

The Yellows are certainly a small minority, shown by their lack lustre showing in their current protests. And they're showing how irrelevant they are with them talking about boycotting elections, and not even getting support from their political party (NPP).

As for the Democrats, at the last election, they were just a slightly smaller minority than the PPP. The difference being that the PPP started off with support from other minorities to form government, and now, the Democrats have the support of other minorities to form government - which is probably how the next election will pan out.

The real question is why is he afraid of some legitimate group monitoring the election? Especially after they cry foul every time they lose.

The last election was held under the military junta that stacked the deck for the Democrats. They denied international observers tat time too.

The army even ordered the troops to vote democrat...but they lost..again.. so the kicked Samak out for appearing on a cooking show, threw out Somchai after the yellows had a fit and closed the airport.

This is not democracy...it's a farce and they dont want people watching.

The real question is why is he afraid of some legitimate group monitoring the election? Especially after they cry foul every time they lose.

The last election was held under the military junta that stacked the deck for the Democrats. They denied international observers tat time too.

The army even ordered the troops to vote democrat...but they lost..again.. so the kicked Samak out for appearing on a cooking show, threw out Somchai after the yellows had a fit and closed the airport.

Prime Minister - two jobs?

Electoral Fraud - caught on video handing over cash.

I can understand a country not wanting foreign election monitors. Just having such monitors is rather insulting. But as far as Suthep's comment about not respecting farangs, as the dumb blonde in the old movies often said, "It's mutual, I'm sure."

He is entitled to his opinion like anyone else no matter how stupid.

I doubt very much the Eton/Oxford educated prime minister was very impressed with his comments and will probably be having a word in his ear.

Don't politicians the world over make the odd gaff or stupid comment? This is just another isolated example.

Nothing else to say in my humble opinion.

Prime Minister - two jobs?

Electoral Fraud - caught on video handing over cash.

Well, technically it was a second job.

He had been on Sunday TV for years and years with the show, Cooking and Complaining.

Seems a sorry excuse to overturn an election, no?

He had been on Sunday TV for years and years with the show, Cooking and Complaining.

In what country would they allow a Prime Minister to have a second job?

It didn't overturn an election. It forced him to step down. He could have been elected again the next day, but Thaksin chose Somchai instead.

I doubt very much the Eton/Oxford educated prime minister was very impressed with his comments and will probably be having a word in his ear.

Don't politicians the world over make the odd gaff or stupid comment? This is just another isolated example.

I don't know where you are from. In the UK we have Prince Philip. No1 with gaff's, 2nd George Bush jnr. Oh and Philip's eldest son Charles is rather good also.

jb1

I don't know where you are from. In the UK we have Prince Philip. No1 with gaff's, 2nd George Bush jnr. Oh and Philip's eldest son Charles is rather good also.

jb1

I'm from London. Could'nt you also add Boris Johnson to the list. :D

In what country would they allow a Prime Minister to have a second job?

It didn't overturn an election. It forced him to step down. He could have been elected again the next day, but Thaksin chose Somchai instead.

I guess he was putting national security at risk while he was cooking Pad Thai. Corruption at it's worst...To hell with the 16 million voters that wanted him...

Suthep should be sacked for making such a disgusting comment. What a pig.

Perhaps people are over-reacting; I don't know if the comment was in English or in Thai, but I am sure that the thought was in Thai and translated in the first place; perhaps the point he was trying to get across was that he did not need to revere foreigners, or kow tow to them.

Certainly, I do not see his lack of respect as the grounds for actionable insults. That's a bit 'pot calling the kettle black', isn't it?

SC

Maybe they could get some Negros, Chinese, Indians, Native Americans, Maori, Aboriginals, etc.

Shipped in to monitor the elections.

None of them count as 'farangs'

Or did he mean he didn't respect foreigners?

When talking about respect, tell us again what Thailand is most famous for Mr. Suthep? (It ain't temples)

Edited by pjclark1

Nope - didn't upset me at all.

In fact I find it refreshing that he was brave enough to say what most Thais actually think.

Its always better to know where you stand rather than trying to 'interpret' behaviour...

it doesn't or didn't upset me one bit. Why should we be surprised what comes out of the horse's arse? And, it wouldn't matter WHAT country's poitician said it. They are all the same.

No they are not. If we get bad politicians it is because we put them there. Politicians are a reflection of society. we can vilify and denigrate them all we want, but they represent society and it aint pretty is it? Considering the abuse and unfair demands made of politicians is it any wonder some of the best suited choose to forgo public service? Why should someone making $500,000 or euros give up that job for a crappy $100K or less MP position? Why would a person wish to work long hours taking abuse from idiots blaming him/her for things he or she has no control over? If one is a family person, it means not seeing the kids or spouse. It means having to attend boring functions and eating horrible meals. It means having to deal with people that are filth. There have been plenty of decent honest politicians in Thailand and elsewhere, but they get trashed when they rfuse to hand out patronage appointments or take care of those that elected them. Sorry, but we get what we deserve sometimes.