Facelift In Bangkok

VegasTim

Hi All!

My sister is planning to visit me (in Bangkok) for about six months and she is thinking about getting a facelift while she is here. Can anyone recommend places where they do a good, safe job? I already directed her to the Bumrungrad Hospital and Vibhavadi Hospital websites but was thinking there were probably other places she should check out before deciding. Any help you can give would be appreciated. (In case it matters, my sister is 63, a U.S. citizen and would like to have it done around August 2011.)

Thanks!

Choose the surgeon, not the hospital.

The two most renowned surgeons for this are Dr. Amorn Poomee at Bumrungrad and Dr. Preecha at the Preecha Aesthetic Institute. I personally had one with Dr,. Amorn and am very happy with it as have been all the others who have posted about their facelifts with him.

Being the very best, these doctors do charge slightly more than others (although it is still much less than in the US), and they have significant waiting lists.

I believe your sister can arrange to get tentatively scheduled by email (she'll need to provide some medical history and photographs: at least 3: face forward and then to each side). Put "For Dr. Amorn Poomee" in the subject of the email to Bumrungrad (or you might call and find out if he has a more direct email you can use) as the office staff who normally deal with incoming emails at the hospital may otherwise send an automated unhelpful sort of answer.

One of the things I like about Dr, Amorn is that he is quite conservative. Doesn't try to do anything drastic and won't take a case he thinks won't turn out looking well. What you get is a very, very natural look and one that is just like yourself as of say 10 years earlier. If wanting something more than that, i.e. a serious change to your looks, he's not the man. (Dr. Preecha is I gather more creative). For me, I didn't want anything other than to go back to how I looked before gravity began to weigh in, and that's exactly what I got. Everyone thought I'd been on vacation or something because I looked "fresh and relaxed" and young but nobody thought I'd had a facelift. Even a dermatologist I went to had trouble beleieving my face had been "done", that;s how natural the look was/is.

• Like 1