Anyone Recommend Some Decent Tailors In Bangkok

phuketnick

Hi all,

I will be relocating to Bkk soon and want to get myself a decent suit. Good quality that will last, not a suit knocked up in a Thai sweat shop from one of the numerous Nepalese/Pakistani places that target tourists and offer the all in one packages for $99 etc and real quality fabric no polyester of fake stuff please. I have a budget of about 10,000 baht to spend ....wil this be enough do you think?

Any ideas or pointers much appreciated.

Thanks in advance :-)

Check out Raja's tailor on Sukhumvit Road, Soi 4, opposite the Nana Hotel. Note, they are closed on Sunday. I dont know if B10,000 will be enough as it depends on the material you select. Raja's has a great reputation and it will be a good place to start.

Check out Raja's tailor on Sukhumvit Road, Soi 4, opposite the Nana Hotel. Note, they are closed on Sunday. I dont know if B10,000 will be enough as it depends on the material you select. Raja's has a great reputation and it will be a good place to start.

Ok thanks for the info Spaniel.

Anyone others anybody??

Narin on evens side of Sukhumvit as you get fairly near Asoke junction. There are several tailors in a row. They all seem to be higher class.

Narin have (had) a litle old man tailoring in the back of the shop .. he gives you a few fittings Saville Row style.

You know where its made and you know it will fit and you know the cloth is quality and the one you asked for.

Can be a bit expensive by Thai standards ... but peanuts compared to UK prices.

I buy trousers there for about 4000 baht and they are perfect.

Edited by Beechboy

Rajawongse Tailors, next to landmark hotel on Sukhumvit, I have used them for fifteen years. he also does all the visiting US Presidents and VIPs

You can order from the internet after he has your measurements and will ship worldwide

My wife and I,family and friends have been customers of George Tailors in Bangkok for 18 years. Very good and reliable. Again - you can order via internet after he has your details,

http://georgetailor.com/

George is OK and disparaging remarks above maybe justified or maybe not.

But, he's a helpful chap and I have had some excellent shirts from there.

Edited by Beechboy

Or Paul's Fashions on the other side of Suk. I think they use the same cutters as Raja and have a good variety of Fabric. I have been happy with my purchases from them. My BF (Thai) uses them as well for tailored slacks and shirts.

My husband has used Rajawongse for years, and recommended many other people to them. Everyone is very happy and Jesse and Victor are honest men who cut a great suit. They are not cheap and nasty tailors that turn a suit around in 24 hours.

We used Narry once and the clothes were awful and very cheap, and they deals they offer somehow never end up being honoured. Would NEVER use them again or recommend anyone to go there.

You could try Elegancia at River City, my Father who made a fair amount in the Rag trade with customers like M&S and the Limited group over the years gets his clothes made up there when he comes through town. After 40 years in the business he can recognise the good from the bad. His words to me after inspecting one of their creations was "never let anyone else make your clothes for you" They are not the cheapest out there but they are a cut above the average Sukhumvit tailor.

Majestic Tailors, on Sukhumvit between Soi 4 & 6, in the bottom of Majestic Suites Hotel.

I have used them for over a decade, always top quality. I had tried other places when I first started coming to BKK but no place comes close. The place is owned by a father and son, the father started it over 40 years ago and still goes in every day. I have taken suites in that were made years ago for adjustments and there is never a problem.

I am overweight so in need of tailor made clothes. After nearly 2 years in Bangkok I did find Raja to be the best in terms of price, speed and quality. I tried 3 others before and had to throw it away.

:jap:

Edited by flemmie

Different stores have different fabrics and suit cuts. Some could be good but whether its suitable to your taste or not is what you have to go to their stores and see it for yourself. For me, I had a great slim fit suit custom made in Bangkok at Jhasper Fashion. Very pleased with their outstanding insights on tailoring suits and up to the mark service. Wonderful decent people.

Different stores have different fabrics and suit cuts. Some could be good but whether its suitable to your taste or not is what you have to go to their stores and see it for yourself. For me, I had a great slim fit suit custom made in Bangkok at Jhasper Fashion. Very pleased with their outstanding insights on tailoring suits and up to the mark service. Wonderful decent people.

Agree - what works for one, may not work for others. Even in this one page alone, there are at least 5 recommended stores here and I'm just about to add a 6th. What I'd suggest to do is for you to walk around to all these stores, as they can't be more than a 5 minute walk from each other. Walk in, browse around, talk to the guys working there, see their finished products, fabrics, etc, then make up a decision. You don't want to rush this! Give yourself plenty of time to decide where you want your clothes made. Anyways, the store I use regularly is Crown Tailors just inside of Sukhumvit Soi 8. Great service nor any pressure, thats why I Love them so much.

• 1 month later...

Agree - what works for one, may not work for others. Even in this one page alone, there are at least 5 recommended stores here and I'm just about to add a 6th. What I'd suggest to do is for you to walk around to all these stores, as they can't be more than a 5 minute walk from each other. Walk in, browse around, talk to the guys working there, see their finished products, fabrics, etc, then make up a decision. You don't want to rush this! Give yourself plenty of time to decide where you want your clothes made. Anyways, the store I use regularly is Crown Tailors just inside of Sukhumvit Soi 8. Great service nor any pressure, thats why I Love them so much.

This is good advice, walk around, talk to the guys and see what they have to say. I'd also recommend you pick up a phone and call a couple of shops (its a lot easier than walking) and see how they deal with you on the phone. If they can tell what you need this way then they are professional and organised. Most of the bangkok tailors are pretty skilled, the big difference comes with the fabric. This is what tends to seperate the real quality from the not so good. I'd recommend Tailor On Ten on Sukhumvit soi 10 but as you can see here everyone recommends something different!

My recommendation- all these tailors produce pretty poor quality suits that will degrade fairly quickly. Save up some cash- @800US$ minimum then invest in a top quality designer suit- armani, Boss etc. That will last you for years and easily repay the initial cost.

Narin near soi 10 and Tanika between soi 14 and 12 actually do the craftmanship in-house. They are more expensive than the indian-run ones, but the only ones I've been to that deserves to call themselves tailors. A suit would probably start at between 12-20.000 I went to much-regarded Rajawasong for some shirts, I was not very happy with them. They were unresponsive to my wishes and they managed to disregard all the ones I did get trough for the first fitting.

I see several mention Raja in soi 4 sukh, an OK place,

but there is also another shop just next to Raja, which is also OK, can't remember the name off hand

but its 10 meters further down the soi.

After having made clothes in LoS for decades I would say that if you want real quality material you have to pay.

Top quality fabric often means import from Europe, that is costly, taxes are significant.

If you want quality pure wool material, light weight for use in LoS, I wouldn't go below 50-60 000 for a suit.

Many of the tailors on Sukh will probably offer you pure cashmere wool suits for a good price.

Problem is that such suits are more plastic than cashmere.

Stay away from cashmere if you don't know anything about fabrics.

I'd suggest it would be impossible to get a pure cashmere suit in LoS for less than 100 000.

It would probably be more in the 120 - 140 000 baht range.

On Wireless road there is a big hotel by name Conrad, next to it is a small shopping mall,

on the 2nd floor of that mall there is a tailor by name Dfine.

Probably one of the most expensive tailors in Bangkok, but the fabrics are out of this world.

Two questions...

1) Someone said there was a good tailor doing 5 shirts for B5,000.....what tailor?

2) Anyone use any of the tailor's in Amarin Mall? That's super close to my work....

On Sukhumvit there is a small tailorshop with the name NLB, New Landmark Boutique.

I would imagine he could offer you 5 for 5000.

Walk up Soi 4 to Sukh, make a right on Sukh, then the shop is there after about 10 meters.

It is small and easy to overlook.

It is the very first tailorshop after you make a right on Sukh.

depending on the fabric,

you will not get shirts in pure cotton for 500,

(unless you buy off the rack from a cheap outlet place)

That's why I said 500-1000. If you want pure cotton you pay the upper end of the range. If you want poly-cotton you pay the lower end. No need to go to a cheap outlet place though. Plenty of Suk tailors will make you a poly-cotton shirt for 500 baht. The point was, 5000 baht for 5 is definitely not some special deal, regardless of the material. Sorry to spoil your free advert.

My wife and I,family and friends have been customers of George Tailors in Bangkok for 18 years. Very good and reliable. Again - you can order via internet after he has your details,

http://georgetailor.com/

His shirts were OK, but he made me a suit that was pathetic.

He couldn't get it right.

His tailor refused to fix it in the end and I wrote it off.

I would never go to him again.