Fiesta V Mazda 2

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kenny don't feed WSpeed ego he will just come back with a heap of B/shit and go on and on.

WhoTF are you? Feed my ego??? :cheesy: :cheesy: :jerk: Nice worthless contribution, nothing of value so go back to the ladies forum where you obviously belong, wanke_r :jerk:..

Realy don't think there is any need to call people names/

You have been found out yet again Warps. Time for you to re-coup and re-think your forum strategy eh. :rolleyes:

What has Mr Warpy been up to then???

Kenny don't feed WSpeed ego he will just come back with a heap of B/shit and go on and on.

WhoTF are you? Feed my ego??? :cheesy: :cheesy: :jerk: Nice worthless contribution, nothing of value so go back to the ladies forum where you obviously belong, wanke_r :jerk:..

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. :rolleyes:

Realy don't think there is any need to call people names/

You have been found out yet again Warps. Time for you to re-coup and re-think your forum strategy eh. :rolleyes:

No it isn't, the twit started in on me so I gave him back his due..

Thanks HD some here are...................Well.....................Beyond help...

^^Letting people know I'm not a door mat....JFYI it was called for, don't know the twit and he has nothing of value to contribute except to make an off topic wanke_r statement like that so just calling a spade a spade :jap: ...

I just calls it like I sees it and sometimes that dose of honesty offends the hypersensitive sorts, doesn't it T/A?

Edited by WarpSpeed

Eh T/A so how many times have I referred to someone as wanke_r or for that matter anything related? Since you know so well.. Put up some links instead of just spouting off with false implications. JFYI that's rhetorical cause I know the REAL answer as do you..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Eh T/A so how many times have I referred to someone as wanke_r or for that matter anything related? Since you know so well.. Put up some links instead of just spouting off with false implications. JFYI that's rhetorical cause I know the REAL answer as do you..

Sorry but what is going on here? a good topic seems to have descended into something close to a slanging match..

Edited by kenny999

Natural selection, that's what happens when a thread has run it's course and is hijacked by an inflammatory off topic, personal remark against a poster who is trying to be of assistance by one who has nothing to contribute and the others on the thread go after the helpful member instead of the instigating party for rudely butting in :rolleyes: ..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Natural selection, that's what happens when a thread has run it's course and is hijacked by an inflammatory off topic, personal remark against a poster who is trying to be of assistance by one who has nothing to contribute and the others on the thread go after the helpful member instead of the instigating party for rudely butting in :rolleyes: ..

Ah thats what has happened, don't realy understand this as I never get into name calling and always try to discuss the topic in hand, still unfortunately others have different ideas, up to them I suppose, went to car show today well a sort of car show, stayed 2 mins and left, no modified cars so preety boring all in all.

Back on topic, vaguely.

Why not try the Suzuki Swift? We all have different tastes, but I would have thought that this was at least worth considering: similar size and price, competitive spec and performance, less fussy styling, plenty of scope for modifications, and less likely to look dated quite as quickly as either the Ford or Mazda.

Back on topic, vaguely.

Why not try the Suzuki Swift? We all have different tastes, but I would have thought that this was at least worth considering: similar size and price, competitive spec and performance, less fussy styling, plenty of scope for modifications, and less likely to look dated quite as quickly as either the Ford or Mazda.

Sadly Suzuki's specs are well short of either the Mazda or the Fiesta, I was considerably disappointed when I inquired at a recent mall show.. Besides being much smaller it is well underpowered respectfully.. Top spec Suzuki is like 90 something to Fiestas max spec of 151, The bottom spec Fiesta @ 95 is a match for the top spec Suzuki..

Edited by WarpSpeed

went to car show today well a sort of car show, stayed 2 mins and left, no modified cars so preety boring all in all.

Haven't been to this years show yet hoping to go soon so I don't know the exact layout this year and certainly if you're expecting something on par with say, a European show you're not going to get that but if you only stayed 2 minutes I'd say that wasn't really enough time to check it all out, the modified cars (race and such) last year were at the opposite end of the concourse from the new cars and in the past they have actually been in a different concourse from the new cars..

went to car show today well a sort of car show, stayed 2 mins and left, no modified cars so preety boring all in all.

Haven't been to this years show yet hoping to go soon so I don't know the exact layout this year and certainly if you're expecting something on par with say, a European show you're not going to get that but if you only stayed 2 minutes I'd say that wasn't really enough time to check it all out, the modified cars (race and such) last year were at the opposite end of the concourse from the new cars and in the past they have actually been in a different concourse from the new cars..

I did have a look round but could only see normal cars and some motorbikes, you could be right maybe I did miss a section somewhere, maybe have another look tomorrow and this time open my eyes lol

Back on topic, vaguely.

Sadly Suzuki's specs are well short of either the Mazda or the Fiesta, I was considerably disappointed when I inquired at a recent mall show.. Besides being much smaller it is well underpowered respectfully.. Top spec Suzuki is like 90 something to Fiestas max spec of 151, The bottom spec Fiesta @ 95 is a match for the top spec Suzuki..

I looked at the Suzuki swift before buying the Mazda, inside looked cheaper than a Skoda if that is possible, very small inside and price not good. Mazda far better in my opinion.

Back on topic, vaguely.

We must have been looking at different cars - the ones I saw in the dealer in Rayong, which are the same ones Top Gear and What Car reviewed and compared to the Mazda 2, had better performance, more power, better trim, and were better priced. The bottom spec Suzi is basic, but the only Fiesta that came out better than the top model, full options, was the way more expensive top spec sports version. Maybe they've changed them since then ............

I looked at the Suzuki swift before buying the Mazda, inside looked cheaper than a Skoda if that is possible, very small inside and price not good. Mazda far better in my opinion.

price not good.... you are looking at one car made in Thailand and the other imported which is always more expensive here.

Back on topic, vaguely.

We must have been looking at different cars - the ones I saw in the dealer in Rayong, which are the same ones Top Gear and What Car reviewed and compared to the Mazda 2, had better performance, more power, better trim, and were better priced. The bottom spec Suzi is basic, but the only Fiesta that came out better than the top model, full options, was the way more expensive top spec sports version. Maybe they've changed them since then ............

I was getting worried that I was the only one who had seen a nice Swift! While the top spec Ford may be more powerful than the top spec Suzi its also quite a bit more expensive; comparing performance of like priced models there doesn't seem that much to choose between them (with the top Swift rating 123 bhp, not 90). "Much smaller" ? I didn't measure them, but after trying the Mazda 2 and the Swift from the back and the front, and checking the boot space, that wasn't my impression. I haven't tried the Fiesta, but as the floorpan is the same as the Mazda I doubt if there would be much difference between the two.

It's possible I misinterpreted the Thai spec sheets and had a disinterested or ill informed salesman, it wouldn't be the first time and I didn't do too much follow up personally I would have thought it was higher too but still 123 v 151?

Back on topic, vaguely.

I was getting worried that I was the only one who had seen a nice Swift! While the top spec Ford may be more powerful than the top spec Suzi its also quite a bit more expensive; comparing performance of like priced models there doesn't seem that much to choose between them (with the top Swift rating 123 bhp, not 90). "Much smaller" ? I didn't measure them, but after trying the Mazda 2 and the Swift from the back and the front, and checking the boot space, that wasn't my impression. I haven't tried the Fiesta, but as the floorpan is the same as the Mazda I doubt if there would be much difference between the two.

All of the current swifts in Thailand have 1.5 74 kw (99 HP) engines. There is no 123 HP engine in the market here. Fiesta 1.6 is about 121 HP whereas the jazz 1.5 is 120 HP, and mazda 2, if I recall is 103 - 105 hp. However, the delivery of power needs to be considered - is it all across the powerband or in the higher revs? My choice would be between the fiesta (advanced engine / gearbox, good fuel economy) and the jazz (for cargo space and good engine).

The Swift Sport, certainly available to order, has a 123 bhp engine.

The standard Swift produces 74 kw at 6,000 rpm and the closest Fiesta in spec and price, the 1.4, 69 kw at 5,750; the considerably more expensive 1.6 Fiesta Sport produces 87 kw at 6,000. The Mazda 2 and the Ford Fiesta have the same drive train and are produced in the same factory.

Skoda interiors, Kenny? Do you mean 20 years ago or more recently?

The Swift Sport, certainly available to order, has a 123 bhp engine.

The standard Swift produces 74 kw at 6,000 rpm and the closest Fiesta in spec and price, the 1.4, 69 kw at 5,750; the considerably more expensive 1.6 Fiesta Sport produces 87 kw at 6,000. The Mazda 2 and the Ford Fiesta have the same drive train and are produced in the same factory.

Skoda interiors, Kenny? Do you mean 20 years ago or more recently?

Yes from 20 yrs ago that is the 1st thing I thought of when I sat in the Suzuki, I would think the Skoda interior of today is very good.

I've seen both and test drove the Mazda 2 last week. Nice car, absolutely would choose Mazda over Ford for Quality, Mazda 2 also has a varity of body kits and other features you can add. Also check out Honda Jazz for more space and versatility. There really is an amazing amount of space in the Jazz and beats all cars in this class hands down, and is probably equal to most cars in the next bigger class. Not to mention the Jazz's great ride quailty and interior. Really, i would test drive those 3 then choose.

Edited by najman

All of the current swifts in Thailand have 1.5 74 kw (99 HP) engines. There is no 123 HP engine in the market here. Fiesta 1.6 is about 121 HP whereas the jazz 1.5 is 120 HP, and mazda 2, if I recall is 103 - 105 hp. However, the delivery of power needs to be considered - is it all across the powerband or in the higher revs? My choice would be between the fiesta (advanced engine / gearbox, good fuel economy) and the jazz (for cargo space and good engine).

Your numbers do sound better then mine that's where I got the 1 at the end but it was 121 not 151 and 99 respectively I remember being quite a difference between them Mazda as well, the Fiesta numbers were stand out especially when coupled with the mileage and features IMO..

Biggest problem with the new Jazz, according to all those I know who have one, is that like its predecessors it is really thirsty; I'd agree with you on interior space for its size, though.

The jazz should give 14-15 km/l in fairly open driving, but I heard the new 5 speed auto is less efficient than the previous cvt box. I was surprised at the space in the jazz - the boot looked almost as spacious as my civics, even without the back seats down. With the driver seat right back there was still plenty of leg room in the rear seat (for my wife). I don't know about the mazda 2, but the legroom in the fiesta is quite small with the front seat right back.

How does one acquire a swift sport in Thailand? There's no mention of it on their website.

Biggest problem with the new Jazz, according to all those I know who have one, is that like its predecessors it is really thirsty; I'd agree with you on interior space for its size, though.

The jazz should give 14-15 km/l in fairly open driving, but I heard the new 5 speed auto is less efficient than the previous cvt box. I was surprised at the space in the jazz - the boot looked almost as spacious as my civics, even without the back seats down. With the driver seat right back there was still plenty of leg room in the rear seat (for my wife). I don't know about the mazda 2, but the legroom in the fiesta is quite small with the front seat right back.

How does one acquire a swift sport in Thailand? There's no mention of it on their website.

I can't fault the Jazzs interior space, I think there really is no comparison on that front with any similar sized models, I've been saying for years how impressive it is..

Yes, haven't seen any paper work on a Swift sport nor has any salesmen mentioned it, when I inquire they all have a blank look on their face, not the usual one either..

Edited by WarpSpeed

looked at both at the motor show, jeez once you show an interest they won't leave you alone.

Still undecided, Mazda looked great with all the extras they stuck on it...but 20" wheels, how on earth can a small car like that support 20" wheels, I asked them where they got it kitted out, but of course the don't know!!

I've had a Jazz in the past, nothing wrong with it except its price, you get more for your money with the Fiesta or the Mazda.

As I had assumed that the 5 dorr Fiesta came with leather and now I have found out its 18,000 Baht more, I must say I am swaying towards it.

To customise a Fiesta is expensive as all parts have to imported from the UK right now, at horrendous prices.

However my Wife prefered the Fiesta, but its not for her, she already has a Captiva.

In BK right now so will decide once I get the cash from the car I am selling on Thursday, probably test drive both again

^ Nice concept package, looks like the old Renault 5 only more rounded.

Jean_Ragnotti_Renault_5.jpg

too bad it's not available, but for me a classic shape of past times I always liked...

Edited by WarpSpeed

I've seen both and test drove the Mazda 2 last week. Nice car, absolutely would choose Mazda over Ford for Quality, Mazda 2 also has a varity of body kits and other features you can add. Also check out Honda Jazz for more space and versatility. There really is an amazing amount of space in the Jazz and beats all cars in this class hands down, and is probably equal to most cars in the next bigger class. Not to mention the Jazz's great ride quailty and interior. Really, i would test drive those 3 then choose.

If you interested in space, then have a quick look at the Nissan Tiida, as the back seats move back as well, so if you don't have too much luggage then it is quite comfortable even with the drivers seat fully back.

Edited by mickmac

looked at both at the motor show, jeez once you show an interest they won't leave you alone.

Still undecided, Mazda looked great with all the extras they stuck on it...but 20" wheels, how on earth can a small car like that support 20" wheels, I asked them where they got it kitted out, but of course the don't know!!

I've had a Jazz in the past, nothing wrong with it except its price, you get more for your money with the Fiesta or the Mazda.

As I had assumed that the 5 dorr Fiesta came with leather and now I have found out its 18,000 Baht more, I must say I am swaying towards it.

To customise a Fiesta is expensive as all parts have to imported from the UK right now, at horrendous prices.

However my Wife prefered the Fiesta, but its not for her, she already has a Captiva.

In BK right now so will decide once I get the cash from the car I am selling on Thursday, probably test drive both again

Wide Arch kit available for Fiesta in Thailand for 12,000 bht

post-121798-0-00397800-1302782563_thumb.