Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Late 2011" is written in most Internet resources.

I assume that the price will about the same as the old model. The new Madza BT-50 and the new Chevrolet Colorado will also came out in the same time period.

It is good, that Thailand gets a new competition in stylish Pick-Ups!

• 3 weeks later...
When are we going to see it in Thailand?mad.gif

Toyota Thailand writes «late 2011» on her website.

I saw the new Ranger at the Geneva and the Bangkok motor show. Looks good! Unfortunately you couldn't go close. I am also waiting for the new Madza BT-50, which shares the new generation of engines and drivetrains. The newly presented Chevrolet Colorado looks good, too.

I saw the new Ranger at the Geneva and the Bangkok motor show. Looks good! Unfortunately you couldn't go close. I am also waiting for the new Madza BT-50, which shares the new generation of engines and drivetrains. The newly presented Chevrolet Colorado looks good, too.

Not sure that is correct, A friend is the Manager of a Mazda Showroom, he said only last week the all new Engine for Mazda will arrive end of 2012.

Not sure that is correct, A friend is the Manager of a Mazda Showroom, he said only last week the all new Engine for Mazda will arrive end of 2012.

The 2011/12 Mazda BT-50 will be launching with the Ford T6 Engine range, not the "Sky" series engines and transmissions. In fact, in Thailand we will not see SkyDrive or Sky-D/Sky-G engines until late 2013 or early 2014, and it'll appear in passenger cars before it makes it way to the BT50.

As for the poster waiting for the new BT-50, have you seen it yet (it was unveliled last year at the Sydney motor show)? :lol::bah::sick:

The motoring press the world over have unanimously panned the design, and Mazda have all but conceded it's a total failure before it's even been launched..

Oh, and Juehoe, the Ford T6 Ranger is made by Ford, not Toyota ;)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

And for those thinking "well, that was then, surely they'll fix it before tooling", think again :)

These were taken about 2 weeks ago:

Good for the tooling industry, cause this just will not sell. aint that many katoys buying pickups ;)

sorry for mazda. great design on 3 and 7, wonder if its the same designteam on BT50?

anyhoot, Ranger is on my list, waiting for specs and prices for 3,2

sorry for mazda. great design on 3 and 7, wonder if its the same designteam on BT50?

anyhoot, Ranger is on my list, waiting for specs and prices for 3,2

The design team for the Ford Ranger are all over Youtube, but the design team for the BT-50 are being very inconspicuous, heh :D

The top-model Thai Ranger will have the most comprehensive spec ever seen on a Thai pickup, with a number of Thailand firsts including first pickup with side + curtain airbags, traction control, electronic stability control, hill descent control, trailer sway control, 6-speed AT, voice control audio/bluetooth system (from Fiesta parts bin), rearview camera with parking guides, separate driver/passenger climate control etc.

Word is it will be very agressively priced, but don't expect a fantastic campaign (i.e. no 50K Baht freebie bundles).

That mazda looks better with the taps stuck all over it haha

Does anyone know if the running gear from the new ranger will end up in SUV format?

Yeah, the tape helps a lot - I wonder if it comes with the car or you have to buy it yourself? :lol:

Yes, there will be an all-new SUV (PPV) based on the T6 Ranger in 2012. The design heads for the 2011 (Amercian) Ford Explorer were flown out to Australia to run the T6 Ranger design work, so you can pretty much guarantee it'll look similar the the Explorer, but the Thai version will be substantially bigger than the US model (which was downsixed for 2011), and with that torquey 5-pot diesel instead of a V6 benzene engine.

So it'll look something like this, only bigger:

5155321lg.jpg

2011fordexplorer1.jpg

2011fordexplorer3.jpg

Word is it will be very agressively priced, but don't expect a fantastic campaign (i.e. no 50K Baht freebie bundles).

I'm guessing, but with the higher specs I would have thought the Ranger will increase in price, something more like the price of the Vigo now?dry.gif

I think It would be very hard for Ford to win over the Thais if they priced it any higher.smile.gif

MoonRiverOasis the pictures, is this made now ? could it have been imported into Thailand?

I followed yesterday a few cars behind an SUV that I had never seen before, I did manage to get just 1 car behind, It said FORD on the back, was white with red plates, the back + a glimpse of the side looked very like this, was bigger + a lot different than the new shape Escape, but no idea what model it was other than a Ford.

Edit: Looked at Ford USA SUV pictures when I got home but could not find anything that looked like it, Nearest was something called Ford Edge, but that look very much bigger in the picture than what I was following, it was bigger than the Escape but not that big

Edited by ignis

The top-model Thai Ranger will have the most comprehensive spec ever seen on a Thai pickup, with a number of Thailand firsts including first pickup with side + curtain airbags, traction control, electronic stability control, hill descent control, trailer sway control, 6-speed AT, voice control audio/bluetooth system (from Fiesta parts bin), rearview camera with parking guides, separate driver/passenger climate control etc.

If they price it on par with Vigo, I m in :)

anyone wanting 2010 Vigo 3,0 auto 4x4 G 4-door in white, 30-35k km in November?

I'm guessing, but with the higher specs I would have thought the Ranger will increase in price, something more like the price of the Vigo now?dry.gif

I think It would be very hard for Ford to win over the Thais if they priced it any higher.smile.gif

The domestic market is only a small piece of the puzzle for Ford Thailand - I'd expect 90-95% of T6 Ranger production to be exported (same goes fro brands like Mitsu where > 80% of oproduction is for export). So Thai sales are not necessary for the business plan - that also means that they can take a total bath on the product in Thailand too - so loss leader pricing is possible. My expectation is that, upon launch, that they'll implement the same strategy used for Fiesta - i.e. instead of buiding-in 6-10% of price bloat (err, discountable margin) like the " leading brands" do (and few people are able to negotiate back into their pockets), they'll instead just apply an aggressive sticker price from the outset. Then after 6-18 months of sales, they'll get really agressive on price and campaigns.

VIGO-esque pricing would be the target. They definitely won't go higher than VIGO pricing (except for maybe the Wildtrak model, which has no Toyota equivelent), and there's no need for them to go below VIGO procing, given it's an outright superior product, and the fact that Thai buying habits are changing, fast.. (It won't be long before Tier 1 is contested by more than just the 'big 3' - most tier-2 brands have seen > 200% market share growth over the past 18 months)

MoonRiverOasis the pictures, is this made now ? could it have been imported into Thailand?

I followed yesterday a few cars behind an SUV that I had never seen before, I did manage to get just 1 car behind, It said FORD on the back, was white with red plates, the back + a glimpse of the side looked very like this, was bigger + a lot different than the new shape Escape, but no idea what model it was other than a Ford.

Edit: Looked at Ford USA SUV pictures when I got home but could not find anything that looked like it, Nearest was something called Ford Edge, but that look very much bigger in the picture than what I was following, it was bigger than the Escape but not that big

The North American Explorer is LHD only, so it probably wasn't that. You either saw the new Escape (Kuga) or the Everest (T6 PPV) replacement.

If it seemed smaller rather downright huge, you probably saw the new 2012 Ford "Escape" test mule. That's based on the 2012 Focus platform, and is a 5-seat softroader about the size of a CR-V. It's essentially the next generation of the Ford Europe "Kuga" model, so will look something like this:

fordkuga.jpg

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

The domestic market is only a small piece of the puzzle for Ford Thailand - I'd expect 90-95% of T6 Ranger production to be exported (same goes fro brands like Mitsu where > 80% of oproduction is for export). So Thai sales are not necessary for the business plan - that also means that they can take a total bath on the product in Thailand too - so loss leader pricing is possible. My expectation is that, upon launch, that they'll implement the same strategy used for Fiesta - i.e. instead of buiding-in 6-10% of price bloat (err, discountable margin) like the " leading brands" do (and few people are able to negotiate back into their pockets), they'll instead just apply an aggressive sticker price from the outset. Then after 6-18 months of sales, they'll get really agressive on price and campaigns.

If they go all the way down to Navara pricing to fight for third place, I ll get 2 of them :lol:

As for the poster waiting for the new BT-50, have you seen it yet (it was unveliled last year at the Sydney motor show)? :lol::bah::sick:

The motoring press the world over have unanimously panned the design, and Mazda have all but conceded it's a total failure before it's even been launched..

Oh, and Juehoe, the Ford T6 Ranger is made by Ford, not Toyota ;)

The new Mazda BT-50 and the new Ford Ranger will be built in Thailand by a factory, owned bey Mazda (I wrote Toyota?). Both models share the same platform, engine and transmission included.

I have seen the pictures of the new Mazda BT-50...! I like the design because it is different from the common «Macho» style. The new Ford Ranger looks good too, of course.

We are currently owning a Mazda 3 and are very happy about Mazda's quality and safety standards (6 airbags). But we need a bigger vehicle in the future. The new BT-50 would be more a SUV than a working vehicle. But I will see the vehicle in reality, first - as the new Ford Ranger.

The new BT-50 shown in Australia has the new SKY engines. Ford Thailand also mentions the new drivetrain (as I understand). I assume (hope!) that both models are designed around the new engines and there will be not old technology under new clothes.

I don't care what sales persons in Thailand tell. Most of them even don't know what their own company has posted on the Internet...

MRO would we be getting the new escape with the new ranger internals, or just something larger like the explorer? A small(ish) suv with 200hp is gonna be pretty cool.

I thought I read the top ranger would be mid 900K range, so I guess similar to the top vigo.

MRO would we be getting the new escape with the new ranger internals, or just something larger like the explorer? A small(ish) suv with 200hp is gonna be pretty cool.

I thought I read the top ranger would be mid 900K range, so I guess similar to the top vigo.

i would assume T6 Everest will not use the pickups frame, but modify it to 2,75-2,8 m wheelbase and rear coils, to be able to compete with Fortuner and Pajero Sport, overall length of 4,75-4,85

The T6 pickup is looong

i would assume T6 Everest will not use the pickups frame, but modify it to 2,75-2,8 m wheelbase and rear coils, to be able to compete with Fortuner and Pajero Sport, overall length of 4,75-4,85

The T6 pickup is looong

That's right, just hope it would have a similar interior/engine/gearbox:)

Mazda new CX 5 due ? end next year. may fit the bill, they hope it will be under 900k, looks very good

"When the CX-5 goes into production in the fourth quarter of 2012, it will be riding on the Mazda3 chassis. At least one of the motors should be Mazda's MZR 2.5-liter four-cylinder, featuring turbocharging and direct injection. Both front-wheel and all-wheel drive will be available"

post-42643-0-93542800-1303013154_thumb.j

post-42643-0-40337600-1303013172_thumb.j

The estimate price in Thailand of under 900k will be the Front wheel drive, so I am told

Edited by ignis

If it seemed smaller rather downright huge, you probably saw the new 2012 Ford "Escape" test mule. That's based on the 2012 Focus platform, and is a 5-seat softroader about the size of a CR-V. It's essentially the next generation of the Ford Europe "Kuga" model, so will look something like this:

Side view looked nothing like this, the rear window wrapped around and up to the rear door + was bigger than a CR-V...

If I see it again will try to get closer to see what the name is

Mazda new CX 5 due ? end next year. may fit the bill, they hope it will be under 900k, looks very good

"When the CX-5 goes into production in the fourth quarter of 2012, it will be riding on the Mazda3 chassis. At least one of the motors should be Mazda's MZR 2.5-liter four-cylinder, featuring turbocharging and direct injection. Both front-wheel and all-wheel drive will be available"

petrol 2,5 turbo makes more than 220hp, punished badly by LOS excice tax.

Side view looked nothing like this, the rear window wrapped around and up to the rear door + was bigger than a CR-V...

have alook at the wheels, if its 5 bolt, its likely escape or explorer.

6 bolt, T6/ Everest

Got me going for a minute there.. 900k for this. No other cars would sell for a few years.

Got me going for a minute there.. 900k for this. No other cars would sell for a few years.

less than 2000cc and FWD should sell at less than a million, as mazda 3 does

The new Mazda BT-50 and the new Ford Ranger will be built in Thailand by a factory, owned bey Mazda (I wrote Toyota?). Both models share the same platform, engine and transmission included.

I have seen the pictures of the new Mazda BT-50...! I like the design because it is different from the common «Macho» style. The new Ford Ranger looks good too, of course.

The new BT-50 shown in Australia has the new SKY engines. Ford Thailand also mentions the new drivetrain (as I understand). I assume (hope!) that both models are designed around the new engines and there will be not old technology under new clothes.

I don't care what sales persons in Thailand tell. Most of them even don't know what their own company has posted on the Internet...

New BT-50 and Ranger are being manufatured at AAT, which is majority owned by Ford along with Mazda. Sky engines have been displayed at many events now, but no earmarked for BT-50. Australia will get T6 Ranger/BT-50 from Thailand, so no Sky* for them.

The next-gen Everest based on T6 pickup platform and the next-gen Escape based on 2012 Focus platform are different cars, and we'll be getting them both in TH.

The T6 pickup is looong

T6 Everest will be body-on-frame, 7-seats, based on Ranger chassis + drivetrain, and qualifying for special PPV excise tax rate. Wheelbase will be shortened, and rear will get spring suspension, same as Pajero Sport and Fortuner.

Was it disguised? If not, could just be a special import. No way T6 PPV or 2012 Escape would be getting around without a good amount of camoflage ;)

less than 2000cc and FWD should sell at less than a million, as mazda 3 does

2011 Mazda3 2.0L is now 1.07M base price..

Just on a side note, the next-gen Escape will be available in TH with a 2.0L Duratec TDCi (making 160'ish HP) + powershift gearbox from the 2012 Focus. Pricing will be more inline with Captiva (1.3-1.5M) at this spec level though.

The estimate price in Thailand of under 900k will be the Front wheel drive, so I am told

At 900K, it'll be running the MZR 1.6L. Sounds hopeful to me - this segment is soon to be very feature-competitive, 900K would have to be a very de-spec'd version.