Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

less than 2000cc and FWD should sell at less than a million, as mazda 3 does

2011 Mazda3 2.0L is now 1.07M base price..

Just on a side note, the next-gen Escape will be available in TH with a 2.0L Duratec TDCi (making 160'ish HP) + powershift gearbox from the 2012 Focus. Pricing will be more inline with Captiva (1.3-1.5M) at this spec level though.

Hi MRO,

Good to have you back here.

Do you have an idea when the new Escape comes with this 2 liter TDCi , will it be this year or in 2012 ? I would be in for that one, we don't need a big car like a Fortuner or Everest model car.

A model like Escape/Kuga (or CRV but not have diesel available) would be good enough for us. The new Ssangyong Korando is also an option.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just on a side note, the next-gen Escape will be available in TH with a 2.0L Duratec TDCi (making 160'ish HP) + powershift gearbox from the 2012 Focus. Pricing will be more inline with Captiva (1.3-1.5M) at this spec level though.

Hi MRO,

Do you have an idea when the new Escape comes with this 2 liter TDCi , will it be this year or in 2012 ? I would be in for that one, we don't need a big car like a Fortuner or Everest model car.

A model like Escape/Kuga (or CRV but not have diesel available) would be good enough for us. The new Ssangyong Korando is also an option.

2011 KIA SPORTAGE 2.0 [Kuga size]

post-42643-0-83677200-1303021081_thumb.j

post-42643-0-50232200-1303021101_thumb.j

Lots of the old ones about, so maybe the new one will come here ?

Hi MRO,

It will be 2012 (I only talk in Gregorian calendar years here - "model years" would be too confusing), but will probably be towrds the latter end of the year, as the 2012 Focus will launch first.

The Captiva is available with 2.0L Diesel right now, with prices from 1.3M-1.65M. This model will be getting a minor change later this year though (expected somewhere between Aug and Nov).

2011 Captiva Minor change:

chevroletcaptiva2012car.jpg

The minor change will also get upgraded to the new 2.2L diesel that's going into the 2011 Colorado and 2011 Cruze minor change, along with a 6-speed AT. Cruze and Captiva get a different turbo to the new Colorado however, with power increased to ~184 HP/400Nm (not bad for 2.2L)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

MRO would we be getting the new escape with the new ranger internals, or just something larger like the explorer? A small(ish) suv with 200hp is gonna be pretty cool.

I thought I read the top ranger would be mid 900K range, so I guess similar to the top vigo.

Mazda new CX 5 due ? end next year. may fit the bill, they hope it will be under 900k, looks very good

"When the CX-5 goes into production in the fourth quarter of 2012, it will be riding on the Mazda3 chassis. At least one of the motors should be Mazda's MZR 2.5-liter four-cylinder, featuring turbocharging and direct injection. Both front-wheel and all-wheel drive will be available"

post-42643-0-93542800-1303013154_thumb.j

post-42643-0-40337600-1303013172_thumb.j

The estimate price in Thailand of under 900k will be the Front wheel drive, so I am told

At 900K, it'll be running the MZR 1.6L. Sounds hopeful to me - this segment is soon to be very feature-competitive, 900K would have to be a very de-spec'd version.

Maybe, but can't help looking at the new Vitra, is good spec leather, Auto etc, Import ? and 50 baht over 1 million...

and 60 baht over 1 million is the New 2010 updated model 4x4 Auto Nissan X-Trail.. Import ?

So if it is going to be made here 900k should be good... look at the 2 wheel drive Fortuner, is bigger + you pay extra because of the name, just 24 baht over 1 million or 1.1 million for the petrol Auto...... So if Toyota made here the smaller sized 4x4 would have to be cheaper than the Fortuner

Chery Tiggo 840k 2lt Auto

Proton Exora 1.6 Auto is under 700k

Maybe, but can't help looking at the new Vitra, is good spec leather, Auto etc, Import ? and 50 baht over 1 million...

and 60 baht over 1 million is the New 2010 updated model 4x4 Auto Nissan X-Trail.. Import ?

So if it is going to be made here 900k should be good... look at the 2 wheel drive Fortuner, is bigger + you pay extra because of the name, just 24 baht over 1 million or 1.1 million for the petrol Auto...... So if Toyota made here the smaller sized 4x4 would have to be cheaper than the Fortuner

Thai market Vitara is made in Philippines, Nissan X-Trail made in Indonesia - both of which are duty-free under the ASEAN FTA.

Shaving 10% off these prices (to get down to a 900K price point) would take a lower excise tax bracket to achieve (so smaller engine), or removal of features like airbags, ABS, EBD, Aircon etc ;) Hence why I expect a 900K Mazda CX-5 would have to be running the MZR 1.6..

Mind you, the first suggestion I've heard that CX-5 will come in at 900K was in this thread - no other sources of mine have hinted at this price point.

While prices in Chery (Chinese) and Proton (Malay) are very sharp, the quality/package cannot be compared to Mazda - there's no way Mazda could compete with them with thier current QA/QC policies.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Thai market Vitara is made in Philippines, Nissan X-Trail made in Indonesia - both of which are duty-free under the ASEAN FTA.

Shaving 10% off these prices (to get down to a 900K price point) would take a lower excise tax bracket to achieve (so smaller engine), or removal of features like airbags, ABS, EBD, Aircon etc ;) Hence why I expect a 900K Mazda CX-5 would have to be running the MZR 1.6..

Mind you, the first suggestion I've heard that CX-5 will come in at 900K was in this thread - no other sources of mine have hinted at this price point.

While prices in Chery (Chinese) and Proton (Malay) are very sharp, the quality/package cannot be compared to Mazda - there's no way Mazda could compete with them with thier current QA/QC policies.

Yes I am sure you are right, the last Mazda 4x4 in Thailand the Mazda Tribute was around 1.3 million, The present Sister car in Front wheel drive Ford Escape is 1.1million, the 4x4 nears 1.3 million. So would expect both the new Ford and Mazda to be around this price.

2012 Ford Ranger Single Cab, Super Cab images

Ford has released new images of its all-new Australian-designed Ford Ranger line-up ahead of its debut in Australia early in the second half of this year.

2011-ford-ranger_styleside-2-625x351.jpg

The images reveal the new Single Cab model and the new Super Cab, which retains the rear-hinged access door construction that has been a feature of the vehicle since 2002.

The new Ranger appeared in its most production-ready form yet at this month's Bangkok Motor Show in Thailand.

2011-ford-ranger_single-625x351.jpg

The Ranger will be available with three different engines: a 122kW/226Nm 2.5-litre petrol and two TDCi diesels – a 110kW/375Nm 2.2-litre four-cylinder and a 147kW/470Nm 3.2-litre five-cylinder.

Transmission options will include six-speed manual and six-speed automatic units.

2011-ford-ranger_styleside-1-625x351.jpg

The wheelbase of the new Ranger is longer than the outgoing model and the suspension set-up is completely new, leading to improved handling both on- and off-road.

Maximum towing capacity of 3.2-litre models is 3350kg, while water wading of 4×4 and 4×2 Hi-Rider models is a class-leading 800mm.

2011-ford-ranger_hirider-625x440.jpg

The interior of the Double Cab has more than 20 storage areas, including a chilled centre console connected to the climate control system. Other features include satellite navigation, voice control, Bluetooth phone connectivity, steering wheel cruise and audio controls, automatic headlights and wipers, rear parking sensors and rear-view camera (all features dependent on model line).

In top specification, the Ranger will come with a comprehensive safety package of seven airbags, electronic stability control, trailer sway control, hill launch assist, hill descent control, adaptive load traction control and roll-over mitigation.

You gotta love that 5-pot:

:D

has any automaker previously presented so many videos half a year prior to launch of a model? 15 video clip only in this link. and its nice to see how they focus on specs and features, not only lifestyle

its like I already know this truck :)

has any automaker previously presented so many videos half a year prior to launch of a model? 15 video clip only in this link. and its nice to see how they focus on specs and features, not only lifestyle

So true :)

I guess another question it raises is, has any other automaker ever put as much effort into documenting and auditing the design and testing process for a new model? ;)

So true :)

I guess another question it raises is, has any other automaker ever put as much effort into documenting and auditing the design and testing process for a new model? ;)

It is indeed a new way of marketing, and I must admit t works with me.

Moving low cost pickups to a new tech level, this is just the way to make potential buyers aware of the superior specs. In a showroom you are blinded by the gloss and DVD screens and numbers/prices/availability to be considered, but approaching a showroom with all the knowledge supplied by Ford prior to launch, choise is simply a question of color.

Ford has brought bad taste in my mouth during several ownerships in all car/truck segments during the 80s and 90s, so the Ford name isnt my favorite. But with these specs, I am sold. and to be fair, my last Ford, a 2001 Excursion 6,8 V10 in red metallic, never disappointed during one year and 30k km

My way of shopping, call and say what color and ATM deposit :)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the pics. I had the impression it was going to be quite high up like the Vigo Prerunner, on the pics it looks like the normal size ranger (ie non hi-rider).

Those rear lights are a bit ugly down the side of the truck, looks odd!

Thanks for the pics. I had the impression it was going to be quite high up like the Vigo Prerunner, on the pics it looks like the normal size ranger (ie non hi-rider).

Those rear lights are a bit ugly down the side of the truck, looks odd!

There is a jacked-up high-rider version there, just no good shots of it (it's the one with the chrome 3.2/6-speed side vent, and in the RHS foreground of the single cab front shot).. All the 3/4 side and rear shots are of base models :(

Yikes that Mazda truck is ugly IMO.... I know they try to keep the design similar across the various cars/trucks under brand, but the style of the Mazda 2/3 does not look good in truck form.

ignis, what you may have seen could be an Explorer or perhaps even an Expedition (I've seen 2) - the rear window does not really wrap around to the sides, but it kind of looks that way because of a visual illusion with the rear pillars. Or I could be wrong and Ford has some other vehicle around town!!!

Are you talking about the Ranger MRO?

If you are that's great! I've been expecting it to arrive in October.

Just an update for the original question - my sources are suggesting it'll launch somewhere around the June-July timeframe.

Just an update for the original question - my sources are suggesting it'll launch somewhere around the June-July timeframe.

and Ford Phuket says no way there will be 3,2 6 speed auto in Thailand and if it would it would cost close to a million!!, and accepted a deposit for january delivery

and Ford Phuket says no way there will be 3,2 6 speed auto in Thailand and if it would it would cost close to a million!!, and accepted a deposit for january delivery

The pictures above tell a different story.

My local Ford dealer told me it was going to be here in mid 2012 just last month.ermm.gif

Are you talking about the Ranger MRO?

If you are that's great! I've been expecting it to arrive in October.

Yep.

LOL, nothing like a salesman with product knowledge ;)

According to sources, all models, MT and AT, from base model to top model will be 6-speed.

Not sure I want a pussy "look at me" truck that looks like an urban tractor..what happened to 'Built Tough"?? Never mind... should make the real man trucks like Tiger etc cheaper I guess... JOKING!!!

Wish I could afford a Mazda Miata convertable...!! then again our road would rip the arse out of it...

not bad

hope they get the door handles painted before my delivery in january. the stickers I usually peal off myself :)

Hi, Katabeachbum.

I take it you've already placed a deposit on one then?ohmy.gif

If so where, and how much?jap.gif

Hi, Katabeachbum.

I take it you've already placed a deposit on one then?ohmy.gif

If so where, and how much?jap.gif

Ford Phuket

they guestimate under a million, and I want to wait until january for 2 reasons, some thousand units made and year 2012 on all docs

5k deposit