Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

I just noticed the odometer reading!whistling.gif

It's done nearly 15,000 KM, this has to be one of the early test cars.smile.gif

Good pick-up there detective Stefan - maybe we can breathe a sign of releif and put the valium away :D

I must have never paid attention the first time round!blink.gif

Edited by stefan2519

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the photos again (but quinting so I don't see that taxi floor), there's a few good take-outs:

• Electric driver's chair - have never seen this on a pickup (looks like there's an emergency eject button too ;) )
  • I dig the seats with the orange stitching/highlights and the webbing
  • It has Stability Control (was a little concerned this might be a delete option on TH models)
  • Lap/sash center rear belt + headrest (another first in a pickup)
  • Fiesta's entertainement system (restyled) which means TH models get bluetooth, ipod, aux and voice control (another first in the segment)
  • Climate control A/C (again, another first)
  • Folding side mirrors
  • Steering wheel audio controls
  • Cruise control
  • Rear seat 12V power jack for kid's iPad's/PSP's ;)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Looking at the photos again (but quinting so I don't see that taxi floor), there's a few good take-outs:

• Electric driver's chair - have never seen this on a pickup (looks like there's an emergency eject button too ;) )
  • I dig the seats with the orange stitching/highlights and the webbing
  • It has Stability Control (was a little concerned this might be a delete option on TH models)
  • Lap/sash center rear belt + headrest (another first in a pickup)
  • Fiesta's entertainement system (restyled) which means TH models get bluetooth, ipod, aux and voice control (another first in the segment)
  • Climate control A/C (again, another first)
  • Folding side mirrors
  • Steering wheel audio controls
  • Cruise control
  • Rear seat 12V power jack for kid's iPad's/PSP's ;)

6 way electric drivers seat in TH Vigo 4x4 auto 3,0 4 door since late 2008. The extra button in this Ranger could be seat heaters, Mondeo used to have such silly position for this switch

Vigo 3 rear headrests in Europe (made n South Africa) but not in TH

Spec looks good, I just hope this is a pre production vehicle with od carpets and finish ;)

6 way electric drivers seat in TH Vigo 4x4 auto 3,0 4 door since late 2008. The extra button in this Ranger could be seat heaters, Mondeo used to have such silly position for this switch

Vigo 3 rear headrests in Europe (made n South Africa) but not in TH

Spec looks good, I just hope this is a pre production vehicle with od carpets and finish ;)

My bad on the electric driver's chair - 2008 was when I sold my last VIGO 4x4 ;)

As for others features, where I'm from you can get these on any number of trucks, but nice to see them on a TH model for a change :)

Here's some more T6 Ranger information, courtesy of Ford Australia:

2.2L 4cyl TD - 150HP, 375Nm

3.2L 5cyl TD - 200HP, 470Nm

Length: 5375mm

Width: 1850mm

Height: 1720mm / 1830mm

Tray width: 1510mm

Tray height: 514mm

Tray Length: 1783mm (opencab), 1485 (doublecab)

Rear Leg room: 736mm (opencab), 800mm (doublecab)

Fuel Economy (ADR combined cycle):

• 2.2L 6MT - 11.8km/L
  • 2.2L 6AT - 11.1km/L
  • 3.2L 6MT - 10.5km/L
  • 3.2L 6AT - 10.0km/L

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

• 2.2L 6MT - 11.8km/L
  • 2.2L 6AT - 11.1km/L
  • 3.2L 6MT - 10.5km/L
  • 3.2L 6AT - 10.0km/L

If those are accurate, that gear box has to be as good as they said.smile.gif Only half a litre ish difference from the manual to the auto!

Also very strange that the 2.2 would favour worse of between manual and auto, then that of the 3.2- mind you that is a very minimal differenceunsure.gif

• 2.2L 6MT - 11.8km/L
  • 2.2L 6AT - 11.1km/L
  • 3.2L 6MT - 10.5km/L
  • 3.2L 6AT - 10.0km/L

If those are accurate, that gear box has to be as good as they said.smile.gif Only half a litre ish difference from the manual to the auto!

Also very strange that the 2.2 would favour worse of between manual and auto, then that of the 3.2- mind you that is a very minimal differenceunsure.gif

This is from offical literature.. so should be pretty reliable :)

The current VIGO 4AT in Oz (which has 171HP - 8 more than the TH model) manages 10.7 km/L on the Ozzie ADR combined cycle.

• 2.2L 6MT - 11.8km/L
  • 2.2L 6AT - 11.1km/L
  • 3.2L 6MT - 10.5km/L
  • 3.2L 6AT - 10.0km/L

The current VIGO 4AT in Oz (which has 171HP - 8 more than the TH model) manages 10.7 km/L on the Ozzie ADR combined cycle.

Got to wonder, where is the class leading fuel consumption hype is coming from then?blink.gif

Edited by stefan2519

• 2.2L 6MT - 11.8km/L
  • 2.2L 6AT - 11.1km/L
  • 3.2L 6MT - 10.5km/L
  • 3.2L 6AT - 10.0km/L

Got to wonder, where is the class leading fuel consumption hype coming from then?blink.gif

T6 3.2L has 16% more power, and 37% more torque than EuroIV spec VIGO, but only 7% more fuel consumption - that's classed as a win :)

The look at the 2.2L - 8% less power but 9% more torque than EuroIV spec VIGO, and 4% better fuel economy - that's another win..

4+% FE gain is a pretty good result IMHO, if not resorting to hybrid or stop/start tech.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Just comparing figures.

Does anybody know the rear leg room of the current Vigo, Triton, Navara?

I've Goggled it to death, to no avail.

Triton double cab has 810mm rear legroom, but don't read too much into it - it's easily manipulated by a front seat that can mover further forward.. (Camry claims 935mm, if you came down in the last shower, LOL!) Triton acheives 810mm with the driver's chair setup for someone about 4'5" tall ;)

You won't know how it compares on this level in the real world until the front seat is in your normal driving posiiton, and your 6'3" friend tries to sit in the back ;)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Hrmm, not hugely convincing I have to say - one bump and he'd be straight into the headliner, and I very much doubt the front seat would be positioned half-way with a 6' plus driver behind the wheel...

It appears the Triton still has the biggest cabin space in the class:

t6vstriton.jpg

The Ranger is still a big step up from the VIGO however:

t6vsvigo.jpg

just a heads up, was in Lad Prao Ford Dealer today buying a Fiesta and out in the service centre was a Wildtrak DoubleCab? T6 I asked my sales guy and he said that almost all dealers now have a showroom model soon to be displayed. I had a climb in but i must say was expecting something like a fiesta style console interior inside but instead it was a bit of a mishmash of controls & colours. The outside was as good looking as the previous pictures but im not convinced on the interior myself.

Was told that this model was 754,000thb and the Ranger will be on sale next month with delivery in 2 months of ordering.

Sorry i cant be more informative than that

Rumor has it the Wildtrak will be limited to 200 units in Thailand, and prices will be 739,000 for the open-cab version, and 839,000 for the double-cab version.. Guess we'll have to just wait a few days to see the official prices :)

It's also rumored that the T6 Ranger will launch with a special interest rate of 1.99% (25% down, 48 months), and include 1-year first class insurance.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

just a heads up, was in Lad Prao Ford Dealer today buying a Fiesta and out in the service centre was a Wildtrak DoubleCab? T6 I asked my sales guy and he said that almost all dealers now have a showroom model soon to be displayed. I had a climb in but i must say was expecting something like a fiesta style console interior inside but instead it was a bit of a mishmash of controls & colours. The outside was as good looking as the previous pictures but im not convinced on the interior myself.

Was told that this model was 754,000thb and the Ranger will be on sale next month with delivery in 2 months of ordering.

Rumor has it the Wildtrak will be limited to 200 units in Thailand, and prices will be 739,000 for the open-cab version, and 839,000 for the double-cab version.. Guess we'll have to just wait a few days to see the official prices :)

It's also rumored that the T6 Ranger will launch with a special interest rate of 1.99% (25% down, 48 months), and include 1-year first class insurance.

2,2 auto 4x4?

2,2 auto 4x4?

NFI I'm afraid

(that's No Further Info, of course ;) )

200 units why would they limit it to so few?

makes it easy for me to trade it for a 3,2 in six months :)

makes it easy for me to trade it for a 3,2 in six months :)

200 units with all this hype, it may prove difficult to even acquire one.

The original quote refers to them being limited addition models of the Wildtrak.

If this is correct there will be 200 made in limited edition colours.

Edited by stefan2519

I heard that in Europe they offer a 6pack size fridge option in the middle console, which i found a very compelling ales argument. Will the Thai one have that , too?

Not a chance will a six pack fit between the seats (including the cooler box) from looking at the vehicle we had arrive at work, I gotta say though, dayum are they big.

The original quote refers to them being limited addition models of the Wildtrak.

If this is correct there will be 200 made in limited edition colours.

Guessing

red metallic

medium blue metallic as in Ford TH homepage

Often new models try to sell a few hundred units at give away prices in unique colors to rentalcompanies in each market. Rentals is not the way to go with pickups

Checked chips for 2,2, and it seems 200hp and 460Nm is achievable. Can live with that for 6-9 months :)

They look great at the Melbourne motor show.

The prices were released for Australia at the show, 50K for the XLT and 55K for the Wildtrak. I'm not too sure what these would convert to in Thai, they were never similarly priced before.blink.gif

It's still looking like we won't see the Ranger available in showrooms here until October annoyed.gif - this is what I can take from the posts from Australian forums and on Facebook.sad.gif

It looks like Ford are set to launch in Australia in Sep/Oct, then Thailand shortly after.ohmy.gif

They look great at the Melbourne motor show.

The prices were released for Australia at the show, 50K for the XLT and 55K for the Wildtrak. I'm not too sure what these would convert to in Thai, they were never similarly priced before.blink.gif

It's still looking like we won't see the Ranger available in showrooms here until October annoyed.gif - this is what I can take from the posts from Australian forums and on Facebook.sad.gif

It looks like Ford are set to launch in Australia in Sep/Oct, then Thailand shortly after.ohmy.gif

You can't draw any conclusions on Thai availability from posts related to the AU market ;)

The TH launch of the new Ranger will be targetted directly towards the launch of the facelifted VIGO range - expect a full-on media assault when the time comes..

Edited by MoonRiverOasis