Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what I got;

- Hkool film (I was offered any of the 3 V,H or 3M)

- Rust protection/ Wax ever 6 months for 2 years.

- Free white plate plus registration costs and tax.

- Full tank of gas

- Free service from 15,000km to 100,000km.

- wind guard/ protector for windows and bonnet.

- Park pilot sensors 4 zone

- Insurance for 1 year

I originally posted my situation on Ford's Facebook page, then they asked me to email them over my receipt to; [email protected]

Good luck!cool.gif

Thanks, already printed, scissor next to remove TV info, Ford Phuket today

No Ranger from Ford Phuket this year, asked about Focus diesel, hatch available in 2-3 weeks in white or black no free insurance blablabla, gave up yesterday and got a Mazda 2 in shining red to be picked up on tuesday

This is what I got;

- Full tank of gas

- Insurance for 1 year

I originally posted my situation on Ford's Facebook page, then they asked me to email them over my receipt to; [email protected]

Good luck!cool.gif

No Ranger from Ford Phuket this year, asked about Focus diesel, hatch available in 2-3 weeks in white or black no free insurance blablabla, gave up yesterday and got a Mazda 2 in shining red to be picked up on tuesday

Tha'ts one of the reasons Mazda is outselling other makes at the show - prompt delivery. The more Ford dithers about, the less well it will do - saying the 3.2 is due at the end of 2012 does NOT mean they will settle for the 2.2 !! They might just go to other makes, especially if other make have new models out next year.

When I was told at the show the 3.2 would be due late 2012 I told him I'm in no hurry and walked off:) Maybe my lust for a 4wd will wane during the dry season..

Let's hope ford realises it position in Thailand and Thais won't fall over themselves for a 1.1 million ford pickup. Hopefully some sweeteners will be thrown in. Let's start with insurance.

This is what I got;

- Full tank of gas

- Insurance for 1 year

Good luck!cool.gif

Ranger to Focus to Mazda 2, that's quite a climb down! Sure you didn't want the 2 all along?

One point you should remember. So you get the Non Clack Motor . Dont forget silence costs. Particulate Filters , Dual Mass Flywheels , and Exhaust Recirculation Valves all add to less reliability than the Old Clackers. I personally will never have another Diesel ever. jap.gif

How strange. :ermm:

Not Strange at all. Ask any Diesel Engine Engineer over 15 Y.O. Who attends too Hi Mileage Vehicles, not Re Chipped Squirters as used by some posters for personal transport .There is a Big long term reliability issue on commercials if you read Trade Journals.biggrin.gif

This is what I got;

- Full tank of gas

- Insurance for 1 year

Good luck!cool.gif

Ranger to Focus to Mazda 2, that's quite a climb down! Sure you didn't want the 2 all along?

the Focus or mazda2 is a temp until 3,2 ranger WT appears, and then a car for my GF. would have prefered her to drive a ranger 2,2 WT, but car needed NOW, and has initially been promised for November, later december and now january, so I pass on it

and despite mazda2 unability to go all the way to her home for sonkran, she is happy with a TRUE RED mazda 2 :)

I feel your frustrations, im commited to buying either the everest or some other new gen PPV, the time it takes for ford to get the everest out will mean a loss of sales to others like the trailblazer which will hit the market earlier. same way ford lost KBB to mazda.

that being said ive also decided i will get a new pickup truck asap, im debating whether i trade my current truck in for a 2nd hand nissan navara due to impatience or whether i go for the ford 2.2L (id rather a 3.2L but since im also going to get an everest or some ppv, i dont mind having the lower spec truck) it be nice if the ford 2.2 came with similar creature comforts like power seats etc minus just the powerplant. The problem with ford and many of these companies is noone knows anything, the ranger 3.2L could just appear in the showroom and youd know right after the sales staff themselves know

Im definately not ultra conservative but I wont buy that new bt50 if it was available tmrw as i find the styling VERY unpleasent.

I really would like to get a pickup truck asap, but definately dont fancy waiting till late april to recieve one, im not about to put a deposit down on a truck which gets pushed back, id rather show up to the dealers and pay cash and pick up that day if not within 3 days max.

Id like to know when the 2.2L or 3.2 is really going to be available, saying the 3.2 isnt available till end of 2012 is just stupidity and will push potential customers towards something else.

Edited by caphant

I feel your frustrations, im commited to buying either the everest or some other new gen PPV, the time it takes for ford to get the everest out will mean a loss of sales to others like the trailblazer which will hit the market earlier. same way ford lost KBB to mazda.

that being said ive also decided i will get a new pickup truck asap, im debating whether i trade my current truck in for a 2nd hand nissan navara due to impatience or whether i go for the ford 2.2L (id rather a 3.2L but since im also going to get an everest or some ppv, i dont mind having the lower spec truck) it be nice if the ford 2.2 came with similar creature comforts like power seats etc minus just the powerplant. The problem with ford and many of these companies is noone knows anything, the ranger 3.2L could just appear in the showroom and youd know right after the sales staff themselves know

Im definately not ultra conservative but I wont buy that new bt50 if it was available tmrw as i find the styling VERY unpleasent.

I really would like to get a pickup truck asap, but definately dont fancy waiting till late april to recieve one, im not about to put a deposit down on a truck which gets pushed back, id rather show up to the dealers and pay cash and pick up that day if not within 3 days max.

Id like to know when the 2.2L or 3.2 is really going to be available, saying the 3.2 isnt available till end of 2012 is just stupidity and will push potential customers towards something else.

You read my mind, but be carefull about 2nd hand as I have been to a lot of dealers and lots cleaning up watermarks and painting and spraying underneath to hide flood damage!

im commited to buying either the everest or some other new gen PPV, the time it takes for ford to get the everest out will mean a loss of sales to others like the trailblazer which will hit the market earlier.

Well, Chevy have 'unveiled' the Trailblazer back in Dubai, but the fact that they didn't choose to show a concept at the BKK Motor Expo (which ends today BTW) tells me it's a long way away from production. If it were more imminent there's absolutely no way they would have missed the oppty to pimp the crap out of it and get everyone to put their PJS and Fortuner orders on-hold - they chose not to show it because it's so far away, and they'd prefer everyone buy the diesel Craptiva now instead of holding off their purchasing decisions for another year.

I would not be surprised at all if the next-gen Everest hits the market at around the same time as the Trailblazer, which I would expect to be Q4 2012 or Q1 2013.

The problem then is, the next-gen Pajero Sport and the all-new Nissan Pathfinder (which we will actually get in TH this time) are due to launch in 2013, and Toyota's IMV2 based next-gen Fortuner, which is said to be a 2014 model could perhaps arrive much sooner than that, if these pesky tier-2's are able to keep on chipping away at Toyota's market share..

So when do you stop waiting for the next big thing? :D

Word from around they industry is that T6 Ranger sales in TH are below expectations, explained away by the fact that many are waiting on the 3.2L. That makes total sense to me though - early adopters are rarely base-model buyers... It's an amazingly stupid strategy IMHO - they should have gone hard launching the 3.2L in top level trims only, then introduced the 2.2L as a cheaper, more competitive model once the sunrise period was over and the model started making 'mainstream' traction (which is usually 6-18 months after initial release).

So now they're pulling out the lies so they can get more orders for the 2.2L - dont' forget theese are car salesmen we're talking about :D

And some side notes....

The Ford boss has been overheard saying he's very confident the Ranger can achieve top-spot in the TH pickup market. There's no way a tier-2 can do that without very attractive prices, super-attractive financing, a monster dealer network, and a f'n crapload of stock (top spot requires 14-16K units/month in TH). So he must be talking in a very future tense :) In any case, I would expect we're going to see some pretty big movements on the ground in TH from the blue oval over the next few years..

Also on the new Everest - my guess is it's being kept quiet for a few reasons:

1. They've just been learning some very painful lessons about hyping a new model too far in advanced of it's release - few buyers have the patience to wait more than 3-4 months.

2. They will want to see just how much of the tech features in the Chevy concept make it to production (i.e things like the ceiling rack with AC and multiple ipad holders)

3. They will want to have at least some idea of what's in store for the new PJS and Pathfinder, so they can negate them having an surprise edge.

4. The new Escape launch has been pushed back to Q4 2012, so they still have at least 10 months where they need to sell their 2 badly aging designs, so don't need any premmy announcements scuttling their ability to shift these dinosaurs.

Well, Chevy have 'unveiled' the Trailblazer back in Dubai, but the fact that they didn't choose to show a concept at the BKK Motor Expo (which ends today BTW) tells me it's a long way away from production. If it were more imminent there's absolutely no way they would have missed the oppty to pimp the crap out of it and get everyone to put their PJS and Fortuner orders on-hold - they chose not to show it because it's so far away, and they'd prefer everyone buy the diesel Craptiva now instead of holding off their purchasing decisions for another year.

I would not be surprised at all if the next-gen Everest hits the market at around the same time as the Trailblazer, which I would expect to be Q4 2012 or Q1 2013.

The problem then is, the next-gen Pajero Sport and the all-new Nissan Pathfinder (which we will actually get in TH this time) are due to launch in 2013, and Toyota's IMV2 based next-gen Fortuner, which is said to be a 2014 model could perhaps arrive much sooner than that, if these pesky tier-2's are able to keep on chipping away at Toyota's market share..

So when do you stop waiting for the next big thing? :D

Lol at the craptiva stab, I was somewhat impressed with the facelift over the previous one had a more substantial feel when i drove it....but at its 1.7 price its too dear id consider it for 1.1-1.2 though.

yes the dubai unveiling made me believe the Trailblazer would be made available prior to the eventual release of the everest which i have yet to even see. Unfortunately not back to attend the motorshow and assumed it would of been displayed there as it was in Dubai. I agree completely, the lack of showing is to promote the captiva which is already in its mature stage of model life cycle and im assuming people looking to buy a captiva which GM must be trying to reap more return on before the trailblazer starts cannabilizing sales. Im just confused why the tier 2s are not exploiting the post flood push for high riding vehicles coupled with a tech advantage relative to the competition who given toyotas complacency in doing next to nothing to tweak the IMV till the IMVII is released in a couple years... its definately at ford and chevs detriment to wait it out however because as you said if the ford everest and chev are out not long before toyota releases IMV2 or we get the pathfinder i may wait it out more if their offering is superior. I think if ford/chev can sell off their ppv's before toyota at least shows pre-production media of the new vehicle or unveil at a show then this will hurt sales. That being said, toyota wouldnt want to hurt fortuner sales and will probably just reduce the "toyota tier 1 tax" and throw attractive financing and bundles with it to move them out till the last minute as they did in 04 with the sportrider. I remember staff eventually conceding that a new model was on the horizon but the new lights of the sportrider from 2002-2004 made the car beautiful and the new one will not be as attractive! ended up buying the escape for its v6 and handling.

Definately agree about how cars just like buying a tv if you are diilligent and foward looking it can easily lead to decision paralysis and sometimes best to just dive in, I do not find the current PJS attractive but id still buy it for its 5spd tiptronic if i cant get it in manual with upper trim level, problem though is i cannot fit it at all....so my only option is to consider the new gen ppv's which finally offer proper tilt and telescopic adjust... I love being tall but when it comes to cars it really sucks especially in LOS. when renting cars overseas im always having to get larger cars as the economy fuel sipping a-b's id usually get just arent an option for me :unsure:

Word from around they industry is that T6 Ranger sales in TH are below expectations, explained away by the fact that many are waiting on the 3.2L. That makes total sense to me though - early adopters are rarely base-model buyers... It's an amazingly stupid strategy IMHO - they should have gone hard launching the 3.2L in top level trims only, then introduced the 2.2L as a cheaper, more competitive model once the sunrise period was over and the model started making 'mainstream' traction (which is usually 6-18 months after initial release).

So now they're pulling out the lies so they can get more orders for the 2.2L - dont' forget theese are car salesmen we're talking about :D

And some side notes....

The Ford boss has been overheard saying he's very confident the Ranger can achieve top-spot in the TH pickup market. There's no way a tier-2 can do that without very attractive prices, super-attractive financing, a monster dealer network, and a f'n crapload of stock (top spot requires 14-16K units/month in TH). So he must be talking in a very future tense :) In any case, I would expect we're going to see some pretty big movements on the ground in TH from the blue oval over the next few years..

Also on the new Everest - my guess is it's being kept quiet for a few reasons:

1. They've just been learning some very painful lessons about hyping a new model too far in advanced of it's release - few buyers have the patience to wait more than 3-4 months.

2. They will want to see just how much of the tech features in the Chevy concept make it to production (i.e things like the ceiling rack with AC and multiple ipad holders)

3. They will want to have at least some idea of what's in store for the new PJS and Pathfinder, so they can negate them having an surprise edge.

4. The new Escape launch has been pushed back to Q4 2012, so they still have at least 10 months where they need to sell their 2 badly aging designs, so don't need any premmy announcements scuttling their ability to shift these dinosaurs.

Yes its a shame they didnt decide to launch the 3.2 first, they could of helped bolster the ford image by having more truck sales to warrant the grand vision of the rolling out ford dealerships and becoming a tier 1 in LOS. I think fords focus should sell better than the corolla as its superior mechanically and the cabin is substantial, i never liked toyotas use of materials which they hold for their premium lexus devision. just tacky and conservative, i noticed you dislike the accord and favor the camry but i just find the camry to be too much like a corolla especially inside, the camry which shared same motor and platform as es300 back 93-97 model was good (for the time) since then they fell off especially the 2003-2007 camry. Bottomline id like to see toyota work to keep its tier 1, or others to take it away. domestic market here is far too sheltered and its a shame to see ford and other companies blow opportunities to undermine toyota and honda sales.

I agree with your likely pushback on the escape, I saw 20 or so old everests being carted on a few lorries on motorway which highlights the absense of the old model in the local showroom unfortunately didnt equate to a phasing in with the new models, i dont see how anyone could be swayed to buy the old escape model, I got 0% financing, full options and accessories way back in 2005 q1 and the escape is virtually identical today having missed the kuga platform in los. similar to suzuki selling the sj413 carribeans for years and years without changes even when the similar samuri was discontinued overseas due to rollover fears in the media which shifter buyers away in early 90s.

Im just confused why the tier 2s are not exploiting the post flood push for high riding vehicles coupled with a tech advantage relative to the competition who given toyotas complacency in doing next to nothing to tweak the IMV till the IMVII is released in a couple years... its definately at ford and chevs detriment to wait it out however because as you said if the ford everest and chev are out not long before toyota releases IMV2 or we get the pathfinder i may wait it out more if their offering is superior. I think if ford/chev can sell off their ppv's before toyota at least shows pre-production media of the new vehicle or unveil at a show then this will hurt sales. That being said, toyota wouldnt want to hurt fortuner sales and will probably just reduce the "toyota tier 1 tax" and throw attractive financing and bundles with it to move them out till the last minute as they did in 04 with the sportrider. I remember staff eventually conceding that a new model was on the horizon but the new lights of the sportrider from 2002-2004 made the car beautiful and the new one will not be as attractive! ended up buying the escape for its v6 and handling.

I'm sure they all would have loved to take more advantage of it, just as they would have back when the Tsunami hit.. Mitsu did OK out of it all, and Nissan is picking up some market share too..

In the case of Ford, they simply don't have the stock to service the demand, especially demand from Australia (which is where all the 3.2's have gone). The mistake there was not managing their South African engine manufacturing properly - they went for a balance of 3.2L and 2.2L, but should have just gone hard on the 3.2L to satisfy the early adopter demand, IMHO. The 2.2L should have been kept in waiting as a lower-cost offering for when the value-oriented buyers started noticing the model.

In the case of Chevy, it's pretty clear there's two things at play there 1) They're using the TH market to iron-out the new Colorado product before launching it elsewhere - Australia, which (again) will be the largest market for it, still won't be getting it for a few more months even though it was launched in Thailand before the T6 Ranger - if that doesn't tell you the product isn't yet properly sorted I don't know what does ;) 2) Isuzu D-Max production (which happens at GM TH) is currently taking a good chunk of the production line time - but in that case they're using a tried and proven engine design, so no need to step on the brakes.. :whistling:

As for Toyota doing any price-slashing, I wouldn't hold my breath this time.. Unlike Ford which can afford to take a loss in TH in order to gain market share, they no longer can. They have a massive dealer network to support now (almost twice the size it was back when they were selling the Sportrider). I would expect IMV2 to be brought forward rather than IMV1 being dragged out and discounted...

Yes its a shame they didnt decide to launch the 3.2 first, they could of helped bolster the ford image by having more truck sales to warrant the grand vision of the rolling out ford dealerships and becoming a tier 1 in LOS. I think fords focus should sell better than the corolla as its superior mechanically and the cabin is substantial, i never liked toyotas use of materials which they hold for their premium lexus devision. just tacky and conservative, i noticed you dislike the accord and favor the camry but i just find the camry to be too much like a corolla especially inside, the camry which shared same motor and platform as es300 back 93-97 model was good (for the time) since then they fell off especially the 2003-2007 camry. Bottomline id like to see toyota work to keep its tier 1, or others to take it away. domestic market here is far too sheltered and its a shame to see ford and other companies blow opportunities to undermine toyota and honda sales.

The biggest issue facing tier-2's market share growth is their dealer network numbers - you can't get big sales numbers in TH without having them everywhere (for both accessability and confidence reasons), but you also can't afford to maintain 300+ dealers unless you're selling a ton of product - so a chicken before the egg type scenario.

Mitsu are going very hard on improving this with a plan to hit 200 dealerships by 2013, Ford are also working on it but are aiming lower with 150 dealers being the next target, Nissan and Mazda have been improving dealership counts ever since the arrival of the March/Mazda2 respectively, but there doesn't seem to be a lot happening on this front from Chevy..

In any case, the "rise of tier-2" is very much real.. I'd say in just 3-5 years we're going to see a fairly major change of scenery in TH - the days of complacent dominance are quickly coming to an end.

Oh, and I don't support the Camry, I just think it's better than the Accord - which isn't hard because I think the Accord is noisy, bumpy, underpowered, overpriced steaming pile of shit ;) The Teana completely outclasses them both IMHO, subjective styling aside of course...

I agree with your likely pushback on the escape, I saw 20 or so old everests being carted on a few lorries on motorway which highlights the absense of the old model in the local showroom unfortunately didnt equate to a phasing in with the new models, i dont see how anyone could be swayed to buy the old escape model, I got 0% financing, full options and accessories way back in 2005 q1 and the escape is virtually identical today having missed the kuga platform in los. similar to suzuki selling the sj413 carribeans for years and years without changes even when the similar samuri was discontinued overseas due to rollover fears in the media which shifter buyers away in early 90s.

I think everyone agrees on the current Escape and Everest... Only a couple of weeks ago, Ford AUS dumped the current Escape from it's line-up, replacing it with the German-made Kuga for the next 13 months, before the all-new Thai-made Kuga (Escape) comes on line. So even at bargain basement Thai made prices (vs the uber-expensive imported Kuga) they couldn't see anyone buying it.. :whistling:

agree on fords lack of engine and model policy. they should have provided 2,2 in a couple of medium 2 door manual only, perhaps one 4 door manual and 3,2 in all +800k baht vehicles and at this point only auto with 3,2. thats how toyota have sold +900k baht 4x4, only way to get a highrider auto 3,0

izu and chev have already broken the 1 million baht barrier, no need to be chicken

I'm sure they all would have loved to take more advantage of it, just as they would have back when the Tsunami hit.. Mitsu did OK out of it all, and Nissan is picking up some market share too..

In the case of Ford, they simply don't have the stock to service the demand, especially demand from Australia (which is where all the 3.2's have gone). The mistake there was not managing their South African engine manufacturing properly - they went for a balance of 3.2L and 2.2L, but should have just gone hard on the 3.2L to satisfy the early adopter demand, IMHO. The 2.2L should have been kept in waiting as a lower-cost offering for when the value-oriented buyers started noticing the model.

In the case of Chevy, it's pretty clear there's two things at play there 1) They're using the TH market to iron-out the new Colorado product before launching it elsewhere - Australia, which (again) will be the largest market for it, still won't be getting it for a few more months even though it was launched in Thailand before the T6 Ranger - if that doesn't tell you the product isn't yet properly sorted I don't know what does ;) 2) Isuzu D-Max production (which happens at GM TH) is currently taking a good chunk of the production line time - but in that case they're using a tried and proven engine design, so no need to step on the brakes.. :whistling:

As for Toyota doing any price-slashing, I wouldn't hold my breath this time.. Unlike Ford which can afford to take a loss in TH in order to gain market share, they no longer can. They have a massive dealer network to support now (almost twice the size it was back when they were selling the Sportrider). I would expect IMV2 to be brought forward rather than IMV1 being dragged out and discounted...

Yeah I wasnt familiar with how ford leverages its other production facility but having read what you clearly outlined i agree completely, the early adopters are going to pay the premium and Ford's strategy of under allocating sufficient 3.2 production for the Thai market is a real shame, that being said if i only had a set number of 3.2L id also send them to australia where the return will be higher, im sure they are seeing some of that price disparity between the 1.2 mil in thailand and the 1.8 or something i read they will sell in australia when someone exposed the marketing slip :whistling:

Hearing about the ironing out production issues on the new platform makes me a little hesistant to dive in there once they get released, have to admit whilst im disapointed even the 2.8L 4x4 crew cab ltz doesnt come with side airbags, but with its inclusion of features not available on similarly priced 2.2L ford they have done a good job pricing it so competitively and it might very well swing me in there favor. especially since im somewhat indifferent to depreciation if its a truck as ill keep it for getting supplies, its the cruze which id buy second hand after 3 years (if i was to consider it....unlikely unless an ss trim is available with potent diesel)...

The dmax if competitive might be an option since im somewhat indifferent about power for the truck, ill be looking to the everest or some other ppv to be my daily driver. wasnt impressed with the dealership i poped in to check the dmax which had identical cabin to the chev but had to check my reflection to know i wasnt a ghost, absolutely no eye contact or service.... guess i shouldnt wear sandles next time i go into an isuzu dealership even with nice clothes on :lol:

I agree about toyota, i remember how the fortuner despite being understated inside sharing an innova interior really made a bold statement and was a quantum leap foward when comparing it to the predecessor which imo brought the ppv class up from a stationwagon esk to something which is a genuine alternative to softroaders like the crv and escape....yes the buyers will be different but a lot of people in the market for either will at least consider both the crossover and ppv offerings in a way they wouldnt before....to this end, im hoping the imv2 will be as groundbreaking unlike the new crv for example. we shall see.....

Oh, and I don't support the Camry, I just think it's better than the Accord - which isn't hard because I think the Accord is noisy, bumpy, underpowered, overpriced steaming pile of shit ;) The Teana completely outclasses them both IMHO, subjective styling aside of course...

Yes the accord has its exhaust manifold near the cabin whereas the cam has its to the front, also i believe the noise suppresion in the engine bay is inferior to the camry but this can be done easily with aftermarket....i think the accord looks a lot better than the camry, like an angry star wars storm trooper helmut and very european, inside the dash on the camry is bland i dont like the buttons all over the accord and the lack of a touch interface which i feel will be addressed in the new model. I wouldnt mind the noise though if i got the v6 3.5, and seeing how prices have fallen from a rediculous just shy of 3mil to 1.4-1.6 on one2car, its worth a look perhaps in a year or 2 time. but agree i love the teana, the electric ottomon on passenger side is a great touch, would allow me to enjoy my music and the gf to sleep.... happy driving!B)

izu and chev have already broken the 1 million baht barrier, no need to be chicken

Oh geez i didnt know the chev were over 1mil, thought the top spec 2.8 was still a tank of gas shy of 1mil! Either way if isuzu and chev keep the pricing competitive and most importantly make their trucks AVAILABLE.... i know this was frustrating for you too, hence your new red mazda2, how do you like it?

Edited by caphant

You read my mind, but be carefull about 2nd hand as I have been to a lot of dealers and lots cleaning up watermarks and painting and spraying underneath to hide flood damage!

Cheers, yes i can imagine the used car market which was always a risk to the unwary buyer will now be an even more cautious proposition given the flooding, check this thread about flood damaged cars

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/512950-flood-damaged-cars/page__p__4853748__fromsearch__1#entry4853748

My dealer said I can pick up my 2.2 double cab wildtraks in Feb. I really wanted the 3.2 but not going to wait until the end of the year, I think the 2.2 is all I need anyway.

Now the wifey and I dont have to share her Honda CRV, I get a car I can drive on my own :) although I am sure she is going to want to drive it, but being 5'0 I hope she cant see over the dashboard :) Fingers crossed.

Last Sunday I say 2 new Ford Rangers on the road, both white and where wildtrax, <deleted> is up with that?

Had to be 2011's as only ones in Thailand are at show(were at show), and they cam from out of country for show! 2.2 models in 4X4 A/T do not have the goodies I wanted, only available in 3.2 package, and same as you, naot waiting till end of year!!

Last Sunday I say 2 new Ford Rangers on the road, both white and where wildtrax, <deleted> is up with that?

Had to be 2011's as only ones in Thailand are at show(were at show), and they cam from out of country for show! 2.2 models in 4X4 A/T do not have the goodies I wanted, only available in 3.2 package, and same as you, naot waiting till end of year!!

Probably was the old ones, as I just saw them briefly as I was driving, but they had the chrome grill on the front which made them look like the new ones.

Well I don't need a 3.2, I am just driving around Bangkok and occasionally go for road trips. 2.2 will do me fine.

MRO do you know how many of the 3.2 vs 2.2 have been ordered at the show?

Ford are being a little elusive - all they've come out with is that they took 'over 2000 bookings' for the new Ranger at the motor show, and have had over 4000 bookings country-wide since it was first released. Isuzu sold the most at the show, with just over 3000 bookings for the new Dmax..

I would imagine most of those bookings are for the 2.2L, as it was quite clear they were trying to put off orders for the 3.2L models, and not many Thai's will buy w/out a price..

Ford are being a little elusive - all they've come out with is that they took 'over 2000 bookings' for the new Ranger at the motor show, and have had over 4000 bookings country-wide since it was first released. Isuzu sold the most at the show, with just over 3000 bookings for the new Dmax..

I would imagine most of those bookings are for the 2.2L, as it was quite clear they were trying to put off orders for the 3.2L models, and not many Thai's will buy w/out a price..

When I made a booking, it was the second day of the show and the salesman told me 4 3.2's were booked compared to over 100 2.2's

Probably was the old ones, as I just saw them briefly as I was driving, but they had the chrome grill on the front which made them look like the new ones.

Well I don't need a 3.2, I am just driving around Bangkok and occasionally go for road trips. 2.2 will do me fine.

I would have bought a 2.2 if they had it available with the goodies that come with the 3.2! But I wanted the leather adjustable power seats, and the rear camera and sonsor with power mirror were also a big factor, as was the hill desent and hill assist for climbing, not available even as add ons! I still haven't bought anything yet and may wait till spring show, where all the freebies come out!!

Just for the record, the new Chevy Colorado got 580 bookings at the Motor Expo..

Just sayin'

:P

Yeah, I think Ford has bungled their roll-out of the new Ranger in Thailand. I am committed to buying one, also a 2.2 WT, but I also want the top end features as listed by posters above. I'm going to play a waiting game and see how this shakes out next year, as I'm in no rush to buy. Hopefully, by mid-year they will get serious. I see no glory in being an early adopter. <_<

Nice links, finally someone did a review of the 2.2. I was getting sick of reading and watching the 3.2 reviews as it was just teasing me of what I am not getting.

I just read them as well and they seems quite impressed with the 2.2 and considered what fuel cost (even in LOS) the 2.2 with all the bells and whistles might be the best buy for most people.

Took my Yaris in yesterday which I'm using as trade-in against a 2.2 AT XLT. They wanted it before my Ranger came so they had time to sell it, fine by me as they provided me with a nice Fiesta to use until then. Was told by the manager that pre-launch is Jan 15th with delivery of my XLT by Feb 14th at thevery latest but hopefully end of Jan 2012. He seemed to think April will be the earliest the 2.2 Wildtrak will be available as longer delays with some parts after the flooding fiasco.